Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Heroin is cheap and it is becoming a problem of epidemic proportions.

And it comes with all these wonderful new immigrants south of the border.

Heroin has become headline news and a topic of debate among presidential candidates due to a substantial uptick in heroin-related deaths and overdoses. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the number of heroin-related deaths rose 286 percent between 2003-2013.

Epidemic.

Where does it come from.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's cheap, so they snort it. No needles, no track marks, same addiction. It's bad news. Doesn't take long to get hooked. A wild long weekend will do it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That Darwin guy wrote some thing about these actions.....

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with the Darwin angle. Drugs are a good sorter outer.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Build the damned wall!

Heroin addiction recovery rate is tiny.

You won't see many older heroin addicts. They're dead.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i know of two kids that grew up right but some how got caught in the heroin game, ............ they lost. nothing so painful than as to watch a great set of loving parents go through that kind of hell trying to figure out what had gone so wrong. heart breaking doesn't come close to describing it.this epidemic knows no boundary,hits good loving families as hard as broken dysfunctional ones. if you think it can't happen to your family you are wrong.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Heroin is cheap and it is becoming a problem due to a substantial uptick in heroin-related deaths and overdoses.

I strongly endorse such activity.

C. Darwin

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yes, heroin bleach for the gene pool..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I agree with the Darwin angle. Drugs are a good sorter outer.

No so sure about that. Even good kids do stupid stuff now and then. Get drunk for a weekend and you have a massive hangover. Get drunk one weekend and do heroin and your hooked and your life is never the same on many levels. Serious price to pay.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
And, the new synthetic stuff on the streets is so much more powerful that every encounter is a game of dosage roulette. Many will die.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Heroin is terrible stuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some experts place the rate of relapse for heroin addicts as high as 80 percent, which means that the recovery rate may be as low as 20 percent. Link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which means 80 out of 100 people who seek treatment will die from it. this does not include the people who never seek help.

Addicts call it "Chasing The Dragon".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don't understand why people try this stuff. They know its extremely addictive.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The same reason that soldiers or pilots go on crazy dangerous missions: It's never going to happen to me! That 20% who survive, that's going to be ME!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Heroin is not the epidemic. Opioids are the epidemic. They have been for over a decade. It seems that people care more when their kids are buying it on a street corner than they do when they're getting it out of their medicine cabinet or a "pain clinic".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Could end heroin problem immediately. Something like 95% is grown in Afghanistan. Seems would could kill two birds with one stone. Or at least a few well placed nukes.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SakoAV

You won't see many older heroin addicts. They're dead.

Kieth Richard disagrees...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
what we have an 'epidemic' of, is stupid people that want to get high. They pretty much deserve to die for being that dumb. No one makes folks smoke, snort, inject, or eat drugs. They all do it because they want to.
Sometimes life style choices go awry. Ya know?

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blacktailbuster
Could end heroin problem immediately. Something like 95% is grown in Afghanistan. Seems would could kill two birds with one stone. Or at least a few well placed nukes.

THAT USE TO BE TRUE, however 80% or more of the heroin coming into the US is coming from south america.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Heroin is not the epidemic. Opioids are the epidemic. They have been for over a decade. It seems that people care more when their kids are buying it on a street corner than they do when they're getting it out of their medicine cabinet or a "pain clinic".

Exactly. Over prescribed opioids lead to many many heroin addictions. Heroin is the easy way to get the same high after the prescription runs out. I see it regularly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Very true!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (2500HD, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.