Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11332558 07/26/16
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Have been reading through Psalms and Galatians in my devotions the last few days. Huge blessing!

What are your thoughts on the "son of the bondwoman and the son of the free" in light of Bible prophecy and history and current events?

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
An epic dichotomy, to be sure. The son of the bondwoman was born of the flesh, and of this world. As such he has been the wildman he was said to be and continues in that vein, to this day, but he will have an end. The son of the free woman is the son of Promise, born of the Spirit and his tenure will be everlasting, as are all the Promises of God.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Thanks! Anyone else got something to add?

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Just "thanks". I never fail to learn something every time I visit this forum.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Amen! Brotherly edification.

In Isaac shall thy seed be called, and in him shall all nations and families of the earth be blessed. And NOT through Ishmael.

Brother Keith

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Ishmael, the son of Hagar, the bondwoman, has been giving Isaac, the son of Sarah, the free woman a fit since Isaac was born. Until Jesus Christ returns to straighten out the mess, things will continue as in the past.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Brother Keith

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Islam teaches that Abraham took Hagar and Ishmael to Mecca and build the Kaaba, the holy shrine that millions travel to worship every year. They also believe that Ishmael, not Isaac, was the son who Abraham was to sacrifice.
It's very hard to convince them otherwise.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'm reading the prophet Isaiah , it is said that thru his Revelations that some things can apply to our times

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Much of the Bible is prophetic even now. Much of the Old Testament foretells the second coming of Jesus Christ to rule and reign from his throne in Jerusalem.

When God told Abraham to take his son up on the mountain, he said Isaac, your only son. You see God does not count Ishmael as Abraham's son when it comes to the seed of promise. Why would we care what the muslems say. Their "holy book" permits them to lie.

Brother Keith

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The son of the bondwoman and the son of the free spiritually refers to the followers of law contrasted against the receivers of grace.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
The son of the bondwoman and the son of the free spiritually refers to the followers of law contrasted against the receivers of grace.

Where do you get this idea? The Law came to the sons of the free woman.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

Because the scripture says it is an allegory representing the two different covenants.Read it in Gal.4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Because the scripture says it is an allegory representing the two different covenants.Read it in Gal.4

I read it a couple times. I think you need to read it again. It doesn't say what you want It to say.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I read it a couple times. I think you need to read it again. It doesn't say what you want It to say.

Maybe you need to read it again.

Galatians 4:22-25King James Version (KJV)

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/26/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

I didn't get the part where It says one is under Law and the other is under grace.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "elect" and enlightened are confused, I see.

Yet, have the Roman Road all mapped out for the unenlightend......

and "the answer" for those that seek....

and the condemnation for those that don't.

Remember the Sabbath.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave

Remember the Sabbath.

Remember to not commit adultery. God hates divorce.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by wageslave

Remember the Sabbath.

Remember to not commit adultery. God hates divorce.

Isaiah 50:1

Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? ..........

And yet God himself divorce Israel when she went awhoring after strange gods.

And in Jeremiah 3:8

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

God gave Israel a bill of divorce. Hmmmmmmm.

I know God hates putting away, but even HE is a divorced man, who will one day reconcile to his divorced wife.

Brother Keith

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hate the sin and love the sinner but hate nothing if you can't separate the two.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've heard do as I say not as I do. We, as believers, are to do as we are told not as God does. God dose not hate the sin and love the sinner. Consider:

Hosea 9:14-16

"'All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels.'"

Amos 6:8

"The Lord God has sworn by Himself, the Lord God of hosts has declared: 'I loathe the arrogance of Jacob, and detest his citadels; therefore I will deliver up the city and all it contains.'"

Jeremiah 12:8

"'My inheritance has become to Me like a lion in the forest; she has roared against Me; therefore I have come to hate her.'"

Psalm 5:5

"The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity."

Everyday Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.