Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for all the inputs, gents. Rifle is shooting them very well and at least I know in a pinch I can go to the nearest Wal Mart and get ammo that works!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Pictures of rifle are being requested here. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
WILCO on pics..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Here you go, rifle and (NOSHIT!) target, three shots w aforementioned Winchester Power Points:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
A keeper for sure!

Thanks for the pictures Jorge. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Here you go, rifle and (NOSHIT!) target, three shots w aforementioned Winchester Power Points:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very cool Jorge. My 30-06 fwt loves the 180gr. Winchester powerpoint. I've been meaning to try some in my 270 win as well...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
At 18.50 a box at Academy, you really can't beat it if your rifle likes them. Naturally, being the OCD type, I just ordered some 130 TTSXs and looking on the Barnes site for load data. Anybody? smile

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Jorge, the last buck I shot was shot with a power point. They work great on game animals..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have found the 180 Power Points to give very good accuracy in my .30-06 (Winchester 70 Stainless Classic).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I use them in my 06 as well for deer and hogs, the box says "deer and antelope" but I'm sure they would work on elk out of an 06 or a 270.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pathetic. Your only chance to reclaim your manhood from the ownership pf a .270 is to sell it to me. grin I'm a giver. Price negotiable, as long as it's less than what you paid.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
I use them in my 06 as well for deer and hogs, the box says "deer and antelope" but I'm sure they would work on elk out of an 06 or a 270.
The box says "deer and antelope" take the hint.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Oh hell yes, they would work on elk.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

haha! Hilarious Jörg! Very nice!

Everyone knows pre 64's don't shoot and the new rifles are "better"......snork.. grin

And with a tired old 4X scope no less...... whistle

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There's a deer hiding behind your jacket. Just saying...

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, it's a kind of deer. It's a Bushbuck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks John. Reason I'm asking I picked up a very nice pre-64 Featherweight in (gay) 270 made in 57 with an old Leupold 4X and some four boxes of new 130 PPs that it plunks into tiny groups. I'd love to take it to Idaho and I don't have that much time (or desire at the moment) for load development with 130 Triple Shocks..of course smile

Yes, and between you and Pugs this rifle buying crap got contagious. Curse you both. Mine arrives this week. NOS New Haven built Model 70 FWT 6.5 x 55. Like I need another rifle??? Enablers of the first degree. mad grin grin

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
You takin' that .270 on your elk hunt?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think so. Taking my Mauser action 300 Weatherby and my pre-64 custom 338 as second rifle.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,818
Posts18,477,702
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.