Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Sycamore
... Now if I could just find a deer wearing a paper plate during hunting season!

Sycamore

Our off-season practice should definitely consist of shooting actual deer.

And some people figure being able to hit a paper plate at 100yrds is good enough....
Sounds like you're one of em.....

what by definition is good enough?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The following is not a fish story. "Hey! this Colt SAA won't shoot at all." Looked and it's no wonder that .357 barrel attached to a .45LC cylinder wouldn't group.Yes the barrel was marked .45Lc.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think you have that backward.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
... Now if I could just find a deer wearing a paper plate during hunting season!

Sycamore

And some people figure being able to hit a paper plate at 100yrds is good enough....

venison roast.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I think you have that backward.

Dave

Reeeeeeeellly soft lead cowboy action loads!

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GG, Have taken a lot of beginners and especially foreigners shooting for the first time. I ALWAYS teach that a gun is ALWAYS loaded. Even if you just looked in the chamber and nothing there. Therefore, you never pointed it at anything you do not want to shoot. Semantics yes, but it gets the point across to beginners very well.

Ray

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I almost always use paper plates as targets at the range since setting up moving Deer targets is frowned on.
Cheaper that commercial paper and is as good or better since hits are easier to see.
Ain't got a damn thing to do with shooting Deer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Originally Posted by KFWA

Sycamore

venison roast.

only if he's walking across a gun range

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by Otter
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was at the mall with the wife and went into an athletic store that also carries guns/ammo and saw they had 50rd boxes of 22lr. I asked the dude behind the counter if they had full bricks for sale and he gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look but did go back and brought me out the two that I asked for. I finished shopping and went up to the counter to pay. There was a young lady in here tight yoga shorts at the register (bonus), and when she rang up the ammo, it rang up as a single box and not brick price. I explained to her that the price was incorrect and she gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look. I tried to explain, but it wasn't registering so I told her to get her manager. The manager came up and yep, same look. The manager finally said, 'Sir, that is the price, do you want them or not'? I thought for a minute and did the only thing I could think of....asked her "how many do you have and do I need two carts or three?"

Did the same thing with primers at one here. $3.99 per 100 so I grabbed a whole brick of 1000 and got rung up for $3.99. Told the little counter worker girl it was wrong, "nope, it says it right there." Ok, hold on while I drag the entire primer case over here.......

Have a buddy went to a similar store to buy primers. Took a brick of Federal 215s to the counter (about $1.79/100 back then) and the young HS girl there rang them up and said that will be $1.93 . . . friend asked if she was sure . . . she made a smarty pants reply of "Well I scanned them didn't I?". He gave her $2, told her to keep the change and walked out.

I hear of this now and then but I won't do it. Her mistake true...but not her store. I would have corrected her mistake.

Did everything I could (with exception of walking out) to include getting the manager involved. I ended up donating the majority (20,000 +)to 4H groups including some as far away as South Dakota back in 2012-14 and shipped on my dime. May of not of been the right thing to do, but I like to think it helped promote a good cause.

CK
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe

Trust me if you are in the business you learn quickly to clear every weapon you touch, every time you touch it. Period.

AMEN that!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by travelingman1
GG, Have taken a lot of beginners and especially foreigners shooting for the first time. I ALWAYS teach that a gun is ALWAYS loaded. Even if you just looked in the chamber and nothing there. Therefore, you never pointed it at anything you do not want to shoot. Semantics yes, but it gets the point across to beginners very well.

Ray
I wont argue this point with you out of respect Ray, but we're doing the same exact thing. I never pick up a gun without checking it to see if it's unloaded-either mine, or any weapon handed to me with a closed action.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
The following is not a fish story. "Hey! this Colt SAA won't shoot at all." Looked and it's no wonder that .357 barrel attached to a .45LC cylinder wouldn't group.Yes the barrel was marked .45Lc.

See: 2.8 cm sPzB41 (Gerlach) - interesting.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was quite impressed once by a kid in gun store whose criteria for handgun cartridge/bullet selection was based how many people one could line up and perforate with a single round. Scary. Never bothered to ask about his data source.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1minute
Was quite impressed once by a kid in gun store whose criteria for handgun cartridge/bullet selection was based how many people one could line up and perforate with a single round. Scary. Never bothered to ask about his data source.

Einsatzgruppen

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Had another one, a guy I knew, and knew to be somewhat of a tool. Handed his .25-06 over the counter to me. Force of habit, I cleared it. It was loaded. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him halfway over the counter and whispered in his ear" Tod, I should shove this up your ass and unload it..."

Call me Mr. Tact again.

Trust me if you are in the business you learn quickly to clear every weapon you touch, every time you touch it. Period.

I know a guy who got too busy or distracted or whatever and forgot to clear a pistol he took in on a trade. He put a 9mm bullet through his left index finger. Luckily, the bullet went through instead of taking off the finger. The only other casualty was the credit card machine.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GG, No argument from me and I agree we are doing the same thing. Simply explaining how I do it. :-)

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by EdM
Anyone one buying any thing should know precisely what they are buying and what it is worth. If not, they deserve to be hosed.
Well yeah, if the seller has no character.

Reminds me of a guy I knew who was always so proud of himself when he buys a $5000 shotgun or rifle from a recent widow for $300.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blanket
you all are nubbies, wait until someone brings you Dad's war trophy all loaded up
Yeah, one that was handed to me was a STEN Mk II, and the other was an PPSh-41...I politely asked both to please leave.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by blanket
you all are nubbies, wait until someone brings you Dad's war trophy all loaded up
Yeah, one that was handed to me was a STEN Mk II, and the other was an PPSh-41...I politely asked both to please leave.

Stug 44 and MP-18 here.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
browning bar here.
the FBI informed me it had been burgled from a National Guard Armory.

Last edited by deerstalker; 08/29/16.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (1lessdog, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 219DW, 007FJ, 15 invisible), 1,415 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,871
Posts18,478,705
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.