Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
This last week while browsing on my Android phone I would be redirected off this site and could not go back. I would have to close the browser and reopen a new one, and I did it a dozen times. It would always redirect me to a page which mimics a google website saying my phone is infected. When I changed my phone's settings to 'view page as desktop' the problem went away.

Had this exact same thing going on with my Android phone. I went to my service provider and a very nice lady told me it was from an app that I had on it. It was one of those "cleaning-anti virus" apps. Went in and uninstalled it, cleaned all the cookies from the memory and the phone is back where I can do web browsing again.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

GB1

N
ned Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I'm thinking these are here to stay (?).Adblock works fine on my PC with Chrome but can't find anything that woks with Chrome on my iPad.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've been here for about a decade now, and yet to have seen a popup ad or video.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Guess it depends on one's computer....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been a fan of this site for years. I spend very little time here anymore as the site has degenerated into a quagmire of problem issues.McAffee constantly warnes me of dangerous issues. Script locks up constantly. I could not even log in yesterday. I don't know who the problem causer is or what is causing it. I do know the problem doesn't follow me when I go to other Web sites.
What a shame. Great site, great people, sick system.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by tack
I have been a fan of this site for years. I spend very little time here anymore as the site has degenerated into a quagmire of problem issues.McAffee constantly warnes me of dangerous issues. Script locks up constantly. I could not even log in yesterday. I don't know who the problem causer is or what is causing it. I do know the problem doesn't follow me when I go to other Web sites.

I've had every issue mentioned here and then some. Couldn't log in for days etc. I finally switched to chrome and the problems are gone. Haven't been around much because of these issues mostly, but I suspect the jerks are still here.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tack

McCaffe is most of your problem. Get rid of it and use a different anti.

Use Firefox or Chrome.

Use Adblock or UBlock.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 160user, 338rcm, 300Sav, 21 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,578
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.