Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I hope all realize I have an original assault rifle.

[Linked Image]

Offhand, it appears we are a functional pair.

[Linked Image]

You should see my battle ax.

'Pears so, Dan.

TFF smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Modern battle-axe.

[Linked Image]

It appears unused. My condolences sir.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I'm sure someone has studied why all those empires eventually failed. Is there a common thread? What is it? If we knew, we could avoid it.

The same reason most family run businesses fail after a few generations. The first generation builds the business, the second generation holds on but without putting in much effort, and the third generation tends to squander the wealth with no appreciation for what it took to gain the wealth in the first place.

That mindset runs throughout this country, from the ghetto to the suburbs to the mansions. By and large the populace of this country has no appreciation for the blood, sweat and tears that made this country great and they are willing to squander that greatness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
squander the wealth

A complete history of the US since WWII in three words.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I'm sure someone has studied why all those empires eventually failed. Is there a common thread? What is it? If we knew, we could avoid it.

Almost every last empire committed suicide by getting complacent, lazy and too centralized government bound. Sound familiar?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Capitalism and democracy: the strain is showing - Financial Times

Meanwhile, those of us who wish to preserve both liberal democracy and global capitalism must confront serious questions. One is whether it makes sense to promote further international agreements that tightly constrain national regulatory discretion in the interests of existing corporations. My view increasingly echoes that of Prof Lawrence Summers of Harvard, who has argued that “international agreements [should] be judged not by how much is harmonised or by how many barriers are torn down but whether citizens are empowered”. Trade brings gains but cannot be pursued at all costs.

Above all, if the legitimacy of our democratic political systems is to be maintained, economic policy must be orientated towards promoting the interests of the many not the few; in the first place would be the citizenry, to whom the politicians are accountable. If we fail to do this, the basis of our political order seems likely to founder.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

[Linked Image]
Brown(ed) Rifles Matter

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
One of mine is a 1917 Enfield.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,011
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.