Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
....just ruled yesterday that the ban on gun sales to medical marijuana card holders does NOT violate the Second Amendment..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/3...s-to-medical-marijuana-card-holders.html

I understand that question "e" on the ATF 4473 form asks about illegal use of drugs and therefore can ban a sale, but for those with a legitimate medical use card to control pain associated with various cancers seems to me that the ban just isn't right.. A person controlling pain from cancer via marijuana cannot own a gun to protect themselves?

What am I missing? What's the consensus here?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
MJ use, medicinal or not, violates federal law and the 2d A. is a federal issue.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
its simple.......Marijuana is an illegal drug in the eyes of the federal government......that particular question deals with illegal drug use.....hence the exclusion.

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Understood all the above, and I agree.. But again I stress the medical use.. And, since all use is illegal to the feds, why aren't those same feds jumping on all the states that authorize use for medical reasons?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right now all it is hurting in their eyes, is the gun owner. Good new for the feds. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
Right now all it is hurting in their eyes, is the gun owner. Good new for the feds. miles
Exactly how I take it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, the fed chooses to enforce federal marijuana laws when it comes to guns, but not when it comes to state sales?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by milespatton
Exactly how I take it..

toe in the door....little by little.....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
But again I stress the medical use.. And, since all use is illegal to the feds, why aren't those same feds jumping on all the states that authorize use for medical reasons?

There is no legitimate medical use for marijuana in the eyes of federal law so having a note from your doctor saying you need pot means nothing to the Feds, & it's the Feds that have to approve the sale.

The Feds not approving a sale and prosecuting states that allow pot are two different things. Part of the reason is we have a president that's a former heavy drug user & he isn't going to go after states about it. The Feds have a hands off policy towards these "medical marijuana" states.

It's a case where state & federal laws aren't in sync & the Feds are the ones in control of NICS so they win when you try to buy a gun. Really what it shows is why we should have never allowed the Feds to institute a background check system. The 2nd amendment says the RKBA shall not be infringed, it doesn't say you have to ask the Feds for permission first.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So if you buy your weed on the street you are good to go.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
MJ use, medicinal or not, violates federal law and the 2d A. is a federal issue.

Nope. The 2nd is a "We the People" issue. We've allowed it to become a Federal Issue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Until federal law changes, that's how it will be.

The W wants to use a topical THC oil for her shoulder. She a friend that uses it and she went off serious pain meds for the first time in many years. It has no effect as far as getting high, but does wonders it seems for things like bad shoulders, arthritis, etc. The W asked her doc about it, and he said he'd write her up a script so she could get the card. I told her don't do it....eventually these medical marijuana cards will wind up in some database, and she'd be screwed for ever possessing or owning another firearm.

Seems every other person that walks down the street here has a "medical marijuana card" for any host of b.s. reasons, but in some cases it seems to be quite legit. Too bad the Feds would rather have people hooked on opiate painkillers than they would for someone to rub some freakin' THC oil on a bad back or joints, but it is what it is. Until that changes, the W will not be getting that card.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Soon they will be using the card to deny auto and health insurance, loans, drivers licenses, child custody, but NOT FOOD STAMPS OR WELFARE.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~

3-7-77
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DaveR

The W wants to use a topical THC oil for her shoulder. She a friend that uses it and she went off serious pain meds for the first time in many years. It has no effect as far as getting high, but does wonders it seems for things like bad shoulders, arthritis, etc. The W asked her doc about it, and he said he'd write her up a script so she could get the card. I told her don't do it....eventually these medical marijuana cards will wind up in some database, and she'd be screwed for ever possessing or owning another firearm.

Seems every other person that walks down the street here has a "medical marijuana card" for any host of b.s. reasons, but in some cases it seems to be quite legit. Too bad the Feds would rather have people hooked on opiate painkillers than they would for someone to rub some freakin' THC oil on a bad back or joints, but it is what it is. Until that changes, the W will not be getting that card.

Exactly why I don't use topicals. I would in a heartbeat if the feds would allow it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Nope. The 2nd is a "We the People" issue. We've allowed it to become a Federal Issue.

Thanks for pointing that out

It's between we the people, and GOD.

Those black robed hoodlums damn sure shouldn't have any say in the matter.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- β€œSometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
There r no laws, anymore. Ref: hi liar y vs DOJ.

Understand?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now this is California, so it lays the groundwork for interesting activities in the future.

1) Guns are registered in California, so I'm expecting state cops to be cross referencing the gun owner database with medical marijuana database and conducting house "visits" to make sure you are compliant with federal law. If they can't access the medical marijuana database at the moment due to privacy laws, an exception will be carved out in a year or two.

2) The gun owner themselves won't have to be the one with the medical marijuana card, I'm guessing it will be an address correlation so that kids/spouse/etc. will trigger it. Didn't know your kid had a card? Sucks to be you.

Remember, they're not after your guns... until they show up on your doorstep.

β€œThe Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ruling effects all the western states! As to the feds enforcing laws regarding MJ, they enforce it any time its of a problem nature to warrant it...

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
So, the fed chooses to enforce federal marijuana laws when it comes to guns, but not when it comes to state sales?

Great point.

Bottom line...the Feds are rotten bastards to the Nth degree.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DaveR

MJ lobbyists aren't ponying up enough cash.....yet. Until they get at least even to big pharm and Beer nothings going to change.

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 54 invisible), 3,977 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,703
Posts18,534,721
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.