Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
SakoAV Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
If you know a person's pattern of conduct or modus operandi, you can predict his actions.

elkhunternm is a farmer in Mesquite, NM. He receives corporate welfare in the form of farm subsidies that are transfer payments from taxpayers to those who haven't earned it. It's akin to any other form of welfare.

Here's a list of Mesquite, NM farm subsidies. I have no clue which one of these farmers is elkhunternm. Maybe he'll tell us how much he's received in corporate welfare. I doubt it, but who knows? Are you good for full disclosure, elkhunternm?

We, taxpayers, transfer our tax dollars to elkhunternm. Hence, we underwrite his hunting trips and rifle collection. Therefore, his support for neocons is out of necessity. Conservatives want to end corporate welfare. Were that to happen, elkhunternm would sink or swim on his merits and not off of backs of American taxpayers.

Assuredly, this is the reason that elkhunternm and others like him desire neocon and liberal candidates. Donald J. Trump is a huge risk to elkhunternm's corporate welfare.

There are only two federal entities that I'm good supporting: the US Military and NASA. Private corporations should not receive transfer payments. Transfer payments to "private entities" indicate that we don't not have a capitalist economy in which consumers decide who wins & loses.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you really want to kick him in the nut sack, don't buy milk! laugh

Are you saying that he is not being a smart farmer for taking what is there for the taking?

With every thing thats wrong with this country, you single out one man to piss and moan about? I think that says more about you than it does about him.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Think you are kicking the wrong tree there bud, New Mexico isnt even in the top 25. Better pick on a texan.

https://farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php...ge=states&regionname=theUnitedStates

Swifty
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SakoAV

We, taxpayers, transfer our tax dollars to elkhunternm. ...

We tax payers had to foot the bill for your incarcerations on how many different occasions and for how long?

When will you start paying us back?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So.

You post a link to the top Dairy Subsidies.

Dairy Program Subsidies in Dona Ana County, New Mexico, 1995-2014

I didn't know he milked any cows.

Dairies have been under government control and regulation for decades. They stepped in so that a gallon of milk isn't $12 at the store, and various other reasons. Gov't isn't here to help anyone but themselves.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
while this may not have anything to do with farm subsidies, I believe our ability to be self sustaining in self defense, energy and food/water is all part of the bigger security requirements that our government should be responsible for.

I personally believe our government should take on a bigger role in addressing the water issues that will only get worse in the west.

If farm subsidies play a role in our ability to be self sustaining in food production, then I'm ok with that.

I have no idea if farm subsidies play any role in our ability to keep food in the domestic supply chain. I tend to believe they do.

God help us if we ever have to rely on any other country to feed American citizens

Last edited by KFWA; 09/11/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Actually my problem with the farm susidy program is that the money goes to the big corporate farms instead of the ones who could use it most, the little guy.

73 percent of farmers received some sort of payment in 2009.

10 percent of Nebraska farmers colleced 62 percent of the money.

$306.1 million in direct payments was collected by Nebraska farmers in 2009.

10 percent of Nebraska farmers collected 56 percent of payments from 1995-2009.

Nebraska was fifth among states in total farm payments at $14 billion from 1995-2009.

Swifty
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I don't like farm subsidy but I don't blame them for taking it. I remember my dad predicting the destruction of small family farmers when Carter started using farm products as a political bargaining chip. They were selling wheat to Russia at below the market price. It isn't hard to figure out how that affected the producers.
Just like everything else the government gets involved with it ends up being corrupt and managed inefficiently.
The stated intent of farm programs is to stabilize food prices and provide a safety net for the producers. It ends up being a slush fund for the big corporate farmers and ag businesses and in return they make sure the money is there for the congressman and senators to keep and hold power.
It all needs to be cleaned up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a sentimental place for small farmers - the guy with with Ford 5000 and 20 acres of soybeans or corn

but its a Walmart/Mom-n-Pop situation

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

WORD TO THE WISE,

SakoAV is, Laguna aka Raisuli.

John Melvin Davis, a convicted felon infamously known as "Gunkid".

He keeps coming up with new screen names, as folks realize his true identity.

FEDERAL BUREAU OF PRISONS

Register Number: 84034-012

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Farmers need help

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Farmers need help

They do after Big Brother stuck his fingers in the pie.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If you know a person's pattern of conduct or modus operandi, you can predict his actions.

elkhunternm is a farmer in Mesquite, NM. He receives corporate welfare in the form of farm subsidies that are transfer payments from taxpayers to those who haven't earned it. It's akin to any other form of welfare.

Here's a list of Mesquite, NM farm subsidies. I have no clue which one of these farmers is elkhunternm. Maybe he'll tell us how much he's received in corporate welfare. I doubt it, but who knows? Are you good for full disclosure, elkhunternm?

We, taxpayers, transfer our tax dollars to elkhunternm. Hence, we underwrite his hunting trips and rifle collection. Therefore, his support for neocons is out of necessity. Conservatives want to end corporate welfare. Were that to happen, elkhunternm would sink or swim on his merits and not off of backs of American taxpayers.

Assuredly, this is the reason that elkhunternm and others like him desire neocon and liberal candidates. Donald J. Trump is a huge risk to elkhunternm's corporate welfare.

There are only two federal entities that I'm good supporting: the US Military and NASA. Private corporations should not receive transfer payments. Transfer payments to "private entities" indicate that we don't not have a capitalist economy in which consumers decide who wins & loses.

You are clueless on this subject.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Somebody got their feelers hurt.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
play the system and get richer and richer. One S O B here draws 3-4 million a year. keeps buying land and the system continues. whole farm bill and crop insurance needs blown to hell

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dirty S O B in this county collects 3-4 million a year and turns around and buys every piece of property that he can scrounge. got 6-7 boys he is setting up and the welfare goes on and on bigger and bigger. total b s whole farm bill

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most of the farmers I know say that if govt would quit messing with the agriculture biz, subsidies wouldn't be necessary to survive.

Idk about that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A lot of farmers and ranchers play the system.I know of a farmer in the UP who plants 600 acres of corn almost every year.It never matures and he collects insurance for it every year.He brags about it.Some farmers and ranchers can be douche bags,but the majority are just hard working folks.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

We, taxpayers, transfer our tax dollars to elkhunternm. ...

We tax payers had to foot the bill for your incarcerations on how many different occasions and for how long?

When will you start paying us back?

That was my first thought as well.

When you payin' me back sucko?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Most of the farmers I know say that if govt would quit messing with the agriculture biz, subsidies wouldn't be necessary to survive.

Idk about that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That pretty much sums it up. I have farmed for over 40 years, in one form or another. I currently rent my cropland out and have a herd of beef cattle. The USDA has a very long list of things a landowner can, and cannot, do with his land. No need to go into detail, but that's pretty much why farmers feel the way they do about the subsidy deal.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,554
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.