-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, according to some sources, the sugar lobby is invested to the level of 40% (in lobbying) while farming less than 1% of the farmland.

Anyone who patronizes the sugar industry through their consumption is therefore complicit as well. whistle

Kind of reminds me of those protesters who wake up in their homes which have walls plastered inside and out with coatings, membranes, and sheets of polymers of various kinds, and floors protected with finishes of oil, wax, and vinyl, get into cars built of steel and plastic, drive on roads made of asphalt, to assemble for a protest of 'big oil' or coal. laugh

Last edited by Klikitarik; 09/12/16.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SakoAV
If you know a person's pattern of conduct or modus operandi, you can predict his actions.

elkhunternm is a farmer in Mesquite, NM. He receives corporate welfare in the form of farm subsidies that are transfer payments from taxpayers to those who haven't earned it. It's akin to any other form of welfare.

Here's a list of Mesquite, NM farm subsidies. I have no clue which one of these farmers is elkhunternm. Maybe he'll tell us how much he's received in corporate welfare. I doubt it, but who knows? Are you good for full disclosure, elkhunternm?

We, taxpayers, transfer our tax dollars to elkhunternm. Hence, we underwrite his hunting trips and rifle collection. Therefore, his support for neocons is out of necessity. Conservatives want to end corporate welfare. Were that to happen, elkhunternm would sink or swim on his merits and not off of backs of American taxpayers.

Assuredly, this is the reason that elkhunternm and others like him desire neocon and liberal candidates. Donald J. Trump is a huge risk to elkhunternm's corporate welfare.

There are only two federal entities that I'm good supporting: the US Military and NASA. Private corporations should not receive transfer payments. Transfer payments to "private entities" indicate that we don't not have a capitalist economy in which consumers decide who wins & loses.

You left out his membership in Americas fifth column, therefore your submission for this years KOTY award is hereby disqualified...

S
SakoAV Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
The problem of corporate welfare or subsidies or whatever you want to call transfer payments of taxpayers' money is that we are forced to surrender part of what we've earned for the benefit of others. Regardless of euphemisms or spin, when we are forced to work for the benefit of others, we're known as slaves. We work, our salaries are taxed, and part of that tax is transferred to another class of persons. Some are ghetto rats and some are farmers. It doesn't matter. It's free money.

If you know who's received governmental largess, you can predict who they're really supporting, and they ain't conservatives. Conservatives want free market capitalism where consumers and not government decide who succeeds and who doesn't.

While elkhunternm is assuredly much smaller than Archer Daniels Midland, they both receive money from government; hence, it was easy to predict that ADM was going to donate to Bush 41 who justified ADM transfer payments by citing ethanol bullshit. What Bush 41 did was transfer our tax dollars to ADM whereupon ADM used that same tax money to donate to Bush 41. It's a brilliant scheme that rivals any organized criminal syndicate, it's legal, and taxpayers are none the wiser.

Conservatives want to eliminate subsidies. Neocons, who are worse than liberals, favor transfer payments for the same reason Democrats favor them: VOTES. We, the People get screwed in the end. Government transfers our money to farmers who support politicians who'll keep money flowing to them. They don't care whether we lose all of what little liberties we have remaining as long as transfer payments recipients continue to feed at the trough of taxpayers' money.

Trump's in. That was a done deal on the day he announced his candidacy. Let's see of he can coax legislation that eliminates corporate welfare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be surprised if a Trump presidency even talks about farm subsidies. I'm guessing that is pretty low down the list

Last edited by KFWA; 09/12/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dude...it's way past time for you to change your screen name...do you REALLY think ANYBODY here sees you as anything but a troll??? elkhunternm this...elkhunternm that...get a life you pathetic bitch...

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't know the back story on this. Why does this guy hate elkhunternm so much?

Or is it just farmers in general?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SakoAzzforVagina is a f-tard felon and Elkhunter has been pushing his buttons a bit and exposing him for what he is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks to the American farmer we spend less of our disposable income on food than any other nation in the world. To all out there who till the fields and tend the animals. THANK YOU!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I love seeing those that bitch about farmers doing so with a full stomach!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I love seeing those that bitch about farmers doing so with a full stomach!!

Farmers REALLY have a bitch of their own because all the food stamp $$$$$ are tied to the agricultural budget!!

Course....city slickers that just walk around on asphalt and concrete all day don't have a clue....as usual!!

If you think it's so great.....I'd suggest you get your happy azz out there and get some of it!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With grain and cattle prices as low as they currently are, many farmers do need help.

"They" don't say that farming/ranching is a way of life, not a job, for no good reason. Farming/ranching is a constant gamble and not for the faint of heart. With the high cost of land, even poor land, young people face a huge obstacle getting into farming and I don't know of any young farm family that is making it just off the income earned on the farm. All of the farm families that I know in Nebraska depend on an outside source of income, usually the Wife is working in town and the Farmer has a second job, or skill, that he does between harvest in the Fall and planting in the Spring.

One of my best friends is a farmer and he does well, because he is frugal, very competent, and has (so far) been very lucky. He was raised on a wheat farm in SD, loves the quiet life, being his own boss, and living miles from civilization (McDonald's and Wal-Mart). Between harvest and planting, he "flips" farm equipment, mostly combines and tractors, and employs two other younger farmers between 11/1 and 4/1. The income from his "2nd job" allows him to buy newer equipment for himself, maintain a 50 year old Cessna 337, and buy an occasional firearms or 2.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have no idea what we spend for food. You buy milk for a few bucks, but have no idea what the subsidies cost. We would be better off without subsidies, and paying higher prices, taking the bureaucrats out of the producer to consumer chain. Look into how New Zealand ended subsidies. They estimated 10+ years to get it done, while losing over half of farmers. It was completed in half the time, with few farmers going broke.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
With grain and cattle prices as low as they currently are, many farmers do need help.

Cattle prices are high now. Have been for a couple of years.

Before that, for about 20 years it was a "may break even" proposition.

I have every faith that cattle prices will plummet again though. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If all you can do in farming is break even, then why do it?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Don't know where you've been lately, but cattle prices are LOWER.....much LOWER. Feeder calves have dropped about a dollar a pound compared to where they were a couple of years ago. We usually sell our calves off the cow at around 500 pounds or so. Those calves today will bring in the $1.20 to $1.40 range, depending on whether they are steers or heifers, and how they grade. At one time, they were well over $2 a pound. Have you noticed meat prices at the grocery going down that much?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
If all you can do in farming is break even, then why do it?

Dave

I dunno. Never been a farmer.

Lots don't anymore. More and more out of business every year.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wouldn't work for free either.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
rockinbar , you are a bit behind ......cattle price has been dropping like a rock

fats running maybe $1.05/lb hereabouts recently

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Don't know where you've been lately, but cattle prices are LOWER.....much LOWER. Feeder calves have dropped about a dollar a pound compared to where they were a couple of years ago. We usually sell our calves off the cow at around 500 pounds or so. Those calves today will bring in the $1.20 to $1.40 range, depending on whether they are steers or heifers, and how they grade. At one time, they were well over $2 a pound. Have you noticed meat prices at the grocery going down that much?

Oh, I watch the markets.

Last year calves were around $2 per pound.

At $1.40 now a calf still brings close to $1000.

3-4 years ago we were lucky to get .85 cents. For years before that, we were lucky to get .85 as well. Many years.

I'll take $1.40 over .85 any day, and twice on Sunday.

May not be $2, but still better than what it was.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The aspect that bothers me is the got paying farmers NOT to farm. Such as subsidies for that rediculous "no till" farming

I've never seen a no till crop I'd even let be known was my field...but hey uncle sugar pays them to grow less yields

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,622 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,074
Posts18,501,513
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.