Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Anyone have any experience with this pack??

Thinking about it as a couple nights out pack.

Montana MOFO
GB1

J
J
I'm a big fan of it, but only used for one year. Hauled a 200+ pound load out through very rough country, and survived, so there's that. Love the versatility of using it for a day pack with hauling capability, or a long overnighter.

I'm kinda stocky and love the fit, however a taller skinnier friend of mine couldn't quite get the harness comfy with an overnight load.

One thing I'm not crazy about is how it carries water bladder(s). There's not really a dedicated pocket so to refill it you have to open up the main compartment and move stuff around. Or, hang it outside or on an outter pocket, with increased risk of freezing in cold weather.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I had one and thought it carried +50 lb loads horribly . The load lifters weren't high enough to effectively lift weight off my shoulders. And if I remember correctly it is pretty heavy empty, worse when soaking wet.

I much prefer some of the REI packs, Exo 3500, and Kifaru. And if price point isn't a concern, Kifaru by a wide margin. A duplex frame and Mag 22 is pretty hard to beat to be used as a day / couple day pack and meat hauler. For extended trips I use the Timberline 1 bag. They are bomb proof.

R
R
Originally Posted by aheider
I had one and thought it carried +50 lb loads horribly . The load lifters weren't high enough to effectively lift weight off my shoulders. And if I remember correctly it is pretty heavy empty, worse when soaking wet.

I much prefer some of the REI packs, Exo 3500, and Kifaru. And if price point isn't a concern, Kifaru by a wide margin. A duplex frame and Mag 22 is pretty hard to beat to be used as a day / couple day pack and meat hauler. For extended trips I use the Timberline 1 bag. They are bomb proof.

Agree with all of this. aheider nailed it. I had points on a Cabela's card that I used to by an Eberlestock J107, I got no lift, and the weight sat on my shoulders, not on the belt, and I also didn't like having a rifle sticking between my legs. ( and the Kifaru gun-bearer is WAY better too)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (2five7, 1minute, 264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 32 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,843
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.