Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
byf_41 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I would like to show everybody this rare custom Hal Hartley Sako 7MM Magnum Rifle on GunBroker! Auction number 583759039 byf 41

This is a Awesome Rifle you don't want to miss!!

HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
should probably post a picture of the thing, or no one is gonna give a chit. I don't anyway, GFY

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byf_41
I would like to show everybody this rare custom Hal Hartley Sako 7MM Magnum Rifle on GunBroker! Auction number 583759039 byf 41

This is a Awesome Rifle you don't want to miss!!

WOW!

B
byf_41 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey folks
I am new to this forum and I hope you check it out on GB. This is a Super Nice rifle!
Thanks

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How much are you asking for it?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey folks
I am new to this forum and I hope you check it out on GB. This is a Super Nice rifle!
Thanks

Piss off you maggot.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Nice rifle. I owned a Hartley rile at one time. He did beautiful work. Those stocks are the end results of trees that he actually cut down.

I am only about a 30 minute drive from where he lived and worked in his day. Know several people that own his rifles, and have seen several over the years.

It is hard to mistake his grand wood work.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hey folks
Thanks

Yeah, it's a nice rifle, but you're pissing people off. There are any number of unwritten rules on this forum, and you're breaking at least three of them:

Don't post links to auctions if you have a financial interest in the merchandise.
A lot of people who post here are (or have been) in the gun business, and not all of them love auction sites because of how they've changed the business. We gather here to share information about shooting and hunting. We can find Gunbroker without your help. At times, some of us will post links to auction sites, but only so the rest of us can make fun of someone who's trying too hard to polish a turd.

Don't try to sell things anywhere but on the Classified forum.
That's why we have a Classified forum.

Don't push things you're trying to sell.
Not even on the Classified forum. You can answer questions or provide background on that forum. You can mention that you have something for sale in a non-Classified forum thread IF someone on that thread says they're looking for that exact thing, but outright salesmanship anywhere is considered rude.

So yeah, it's a nice rifle, and your buy-now price might even be reasonable. The problem is that people on this forum know custom rifles better than most people who build custom rifles, and you’re overselling this one pretty badly. I say that because you claim that this rifle has certain features, but you’re unwilling to prove it: you won’t disassemble it to show the maker’s name in the barrel channel, or to show that the barrel is marked as you say it is. If you're worried about damaging the rifle, get someone who can take it apart without damaging it to pull the action so you can get the pics you need to back up your claims.

On any forum like this, new users should read more than they post. Get a feel for the board and see how things work. Don't just show up and start pushing your wares in your very first post. It may be hard to find a Hartley rifle, but the Classified forum here has better examples of old school riflemaking by Jerry Fisher, Griffin & Howe, Jim Cloward, Dennis Olson, Al Biesen, and many others every week.

Okie John

Last edited by okie john; 09/21/16.

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Without a link or pic hardly anyone will look any way....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, anothergun, BB3, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 670 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,516
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.