-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i personally think they should be thrown out of the senate and the house if they can't get behind the peoples choice.

Last edited by srwshooter; 09/21/16.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Good to know that all the Trump fans are very happy with the thought of the RNC being able to choose the candidates in the future and keep undesirables out.

Very confused by it, but good to know where they stand.

Maybe you don't favor accountability, but I like to see it applied and should be applied a lot more often.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbob
Good to know that all the Trump fans are very happy with the thought of the RNC being able to choose the candidates in the future and keep undesirables out.

Maybe you don't favor accountability, but I like to see it applied and should be applied a lot more often.

Accountability as determined by the elites that Trump is going to clean out?

I need this explained more.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Preibus has the unenviable position of herding the cats that are the GOP names right now. Whereas the Dems will hold their noses, close ranks, and present a united front, the GOP are playing the Butt Hurt game.

The proper description of this butt hurt is petulence.

petulant:
having or showing the attitude of people who become angry and annoyed when they do not get what they want

That sums up Cruz, Kaisich, Jeb and GHWB to a tee.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Real simple, the elites and other candidates made a pledge to support the eventual candidate and some are backing out on their pledge. Priebus is holding them accountable.

Understand now?

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

A HRC loss is going to require that BOTH the bulk of R voters as well as a big slice of I voters getting behind Trump.

It really isn't that difficult to understand IMO

Bush and Kasich can politely GFThemselves. Cruz will be fine either way.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Real simple, the elites and other candidates made a pledge to support the eventual candidate and some are backing out on their pledge. Priebus is holding them accountable.

Understand now?

Priebus IS THE ELITES that Trump was fighting against.

And Priebus is holding nobody accountable now. He's just saying there will be "rules" set up to prevent some undefined group of people from becoming candidates in the future.

Good thing none of you think this might apply to... say... somebody like Trump. Obviously there is NO chance it could ever be used by the the elites to close ranks on nominees to only allow their candidates in.

Yep. Can trust Priebus 100%. After all, he's a Trump kind of elite now.

GMAFB

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, it's the same as any other sycophantism from the beginning of time.

Priebus goes with Trump because its looking more like he may win, which is what anyone concerned about their gravy train should do.

Art of the deal.

Fealty to the king, etc etc.

And its perfectly sound. The RNC isn't there for the public's benefit.

It's not like they have a conscientious motive in their existence.

Last edited by RWE; 09/21/16.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Understand now?

Priebus IS THE ELITES that Trump was fighting against.

And Priebus is holding nobody accountable now. He's just saying there will be "rules" set up to prevent some undefined group of people from becoming candidates in the future.

Good thing none of you think this might apply to... say... somebody like Trump. Obviously there is NO chance it could ever be used by the the elites to close ranks on nominees to only allow their candidates in.

Yep. Can trust Priebus 100%. After all, he's a Trump kind of elite now.

GMAFB

GMAFB? How about not putting words in my mouth. I never said I trusted anyone 100%. I said it is nice to see some accountability and there needs to be more no matter who it comes from.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
its a calculated move on their part. Priebus doesn't mean schit in the bigger picture.

If Trump narrowly loses in November, Cruz, Kasich and Bush will be blamed for it

If Trump wins in November, Cruz, Kasich and Bush are now afterthoughts

If Trump wins and then goes on to have a very successful presidency, then its not just Cruz, Kasich and Bush, its the entire RNC that folds up and goes away.

The only real win scenario for them is if Trump gets blown out and Hillary wins in a landslide.

That's it in a nut shell.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

Or, in a nut shell, the RNC gets it's foot in the door for creating rules on who can and who can't be a candidate.

Betting Priebus really, really wishes somebody had created those rules a couple decades ago. Maybe one that requires Republican candidates to have been a registered Republican for 10 years or more? Maybe one that requires candidates to not have donated to Democrat candidates in the last 20 years?

So many possibilities that would have made Priebus's life much simpler this year.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I get that a lot of these guys are butt hurt about Trump beating them for the nomination, he certainly wasn't nice to some of them.

However, if someone can't see that the only thing that matters at this point in time is keeping Hillary out of the White House then they need to go away. The Obama presidency has nearly destroyed this country, a Clinton one will finish it. If they're willing to stand by & let that happen then they shouldn't ever hold office again.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The November election is a watershed moment on the Countries history.
If Clinton wins - its all over for a long time. The least of our problem is the short term is the RNC.
If Trump wins, by default he is the head of the GOP/RNC. Then its time for a wholesale clean-out of pointy headed elitists who are more concerned about being invited to the next garden party.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its a calculated move on their part. Priebus doesn't mean schit in the bigger picture.

If Trump narrowly loses in November, Cruz, Kasich and Bush will be blamed for it

If Trump wins and then goes on to have a very successful presidency, then its not just Cruz, Kasich and Bush, its the entire RNC that folds up and goes away.

The only real win scenario for them is if Trump gets blown out and Hillary wins in a landslide.

Ed

The 'nutshell' is that either candidate will be dogged by their voluminous issues which have them both struggling with negatives. I realize some people have a lot more confidence in Trump to be a good president than I do, but I believe, if he wins, that he will be plagued by one faux pax after another. Then it will be anyone's guess what happens in 2020....other than there will likely be a big meltdown in the GOP and we'll be looking at a surety in a Warren or Schumer presidency. I will go out on a sturdy limb to say that neither Trump nor Clinton will be players in the 2020 election.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I get that a lot of these guys are butt about Trump beating them for the nomination, he certainly wasn't nice to some of them.

However, if someone can't see that the only thing that matters at this point in time is keeping Hillary out of the White House then they need to go away. The Obama presidency has nearly destroyed this country, a Clinton one will finish it. If they're willing to stand by & let that happen then they shouldn't ever hold office again.

That sounds nice and simple, but nominating a candidate who's greatest talent is screwing people has consequences. Luckily for us, they have one too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Biggest problem with either party is allowing just anybody to run with just a few signatures as a vetting process. Party's have no obligation to anyone but their members, and in a national election to allow someone with just local recognition to run is a big mistake... Trump is a big mistake, not saying Hillary is much if any better, but allowing someone with nothing but TV show recognition, no political experience or knowledge and a really questionable past to take over the party... well can't really blame it all on Trump, the GOP has been heading this way ever since McCain/Palin and before. Right now I think its going to be a toss-up as to who will win the election, but with one caveat!

Hillary will stay about where she's at, but with Trump if he reverts back to his old antics and weird if not down right questionable behavior... he'll drop in the polls like a rock.

Phil

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Ed
Good choice of words.

Because it would be nuts to blame anyone other than Trump for the outcome of this election. There's never been a candidate so flawed and vulnerable than the clinton creature and it gets worse for her by the day, and sometimes hour.

This is Trumps to lose and he's done a great job of that since day 1. Trump has had to recover from so many fiascoes of his making, that if only half of them would have occurred by now he's be up by 20%. Maybe more.

And if Cruz, Kasich and Bush are irrelevant, and I believe they are, what different, at this point, does it make what they think, do or say? Answer: Nothing. They are not even after thoughts now. They are totally out of the process, this time around and probably for all time.

Again, this is Trump's to lose and on his shoulders if he does. Period.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hillary will stay about where she's at
-----------

And where is that?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Ed

Or, in a nut shell, the RNC gets it's foot in the door for creating rules on who can and who can't be a candidate.

Betting Priebus really, really wishes somebody had created those rules a couple decades ago. Maybe one that requires Republican candidates to have been a registered Republican for 10 years or more? Maybe one that requires candidates to not have donated to Democrat candidates in the last 20 years?

So many possibilities that would have made Priebus's life much simpler this year.

I thought your vagina stopped hurting. Guess I was wrong.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Priebus has been on good behavior since May or so.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (160user, 12savage, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,171
Posts18,523,652
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.