Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Do as Ed toomanyletters said. Report his azz, pronto.
Lazy, incompetent, dishonest, none of those matter if you're not looking to get him in trouble. It's his screw ups.
The guy is not suitable for the job. Fugg him, let the next mail carrier do a better job by replacing him.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA

I'm gonna be mad as hell if someone is sitting in my canoe seat right now.

The mental image of that is slightly FF! Check your fridge and make sure the SOB hasn't stolen your 12 pack and bucket of worms!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We got a new postmaster a few years ago and all new carriers they are really sloppy. One day I had 4 of my neighbors mail. I thought it was a local problem. When I was younger people with a postal job made a lifetime career
out of it. Now at seems like they have a lot of turnover.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
As I said my mail-lady is a sweetheart. She delivered my package bees even though She is highly allergic to a bee sting. I told Her not to, but She insisted that it was Her job. I would have gladly went to the post office to ensure Her health. miles

Miles, sounds like you've been leaving cookies in the mailbox. grin

We're lucky, where I live. Got a good lady at the post office. I have a PO Box, and some places wont ship to a PO Box. I have to put my physical address on the pkg, but she will 1. put the pkg in my box, 2. If the pkg will fit in one of the bigger PO boxes, put a tagged key in my box, so I can get to the pkg, or 3. If the pkg is too big for any box, leave a green card in my box, so I can pick up the pkg.

She also helped me get a refund on a next day letter, that had to be signed for, sent to Houston, Tx., that took 2 days. This happened twice. The third time, the letter got there overnight. They dont like having to refund $20/letter, because they screwed up.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had several packages sent back to sender by mailman, he claimed he could not find my work address...it is a 30 year old 18 story building with huge street numbers on the sign in front.

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never, Ever, no matter what, involve a local Postmaster in settling a dispute. Go as high up the chain as you can to even initiate an inquiry.

I paid 200 bucks for this lesson and I'm giving it away free.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last month's report of SoCal's USPS arrests.
http://ktla.com/2016/08/27/33-socal-postal-workers-charged-with-mail-theft-embezzlement/

This is a reflection on completely inept management.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Video is a wonderful thing.......Can't argue about what is in front of your eyes. grin

Sure you can, we do it here every day.

LOL
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
There are thieves in every type of work force. Our new scanners have gps that pings every 30 seconds and it goes on a map of where we are. When we scan something it instantly gives the exact location. They can zoom in on the exact spot where it was left. Hell they can zoom in on us where ever we are when ever they want. So if your getting a run around by the locals go to the Distract office in charge oy your office. Believe me you will get a quick answer going to the Distract

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pahunter69
There are thieves in every type of work force. Our new scanners have gps that pings every 30 seconds and it goes on a map of where we are. When we scan something it instantly gives the exact location. They can zoom in on the exact spot where it was left. Hell they can zoom in on us where ever we are when ever they want. So if your getting a run around by the locals go to the Distract office in charge oy your office. Believe me you will get a quick answer going to the Distract

Thanks for the advice. Dont need it right now, but it's always good to know.

Do all the postal districts? have the new scanners? Even rural areas?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
As far as I know everyone has them. I work in a big city but live in a rural area and my carrier has them. My wife actually works inside a rural PO and part of her job is problem solving. We recently had a carrier deliver a package to a wrong house and gps showed it delivered to the wrong house. Home owner denied it was delivered to there and kept it. Carrier had to pay for the package.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Send me the tracking number. I will try and find out what happened for you

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had issues with both UPS and USPS.

In one case I had a pair of Zeiss binos shipped, with tracking, but the mailman didn't leave a note. I marched in to the station, with a printout of the tracking, and the Supervisor immediately found the package and gave it to me.

The UPS guys will drive up, not ring the bell, leave a note then drive off. I now have an account so I can make them redirect it for pickup at a convenient UPS Store. The UPS depot is 20 miles away.

On one occasion I got a postal inspector involved on a $89 money order. They gave it prompt attention, and were very responsive.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pahunter69
Send me the tracking number. I will try and find out what happened for you

I appreciate the offer - but I want to handle it with my local postman and see if he can word of mouth get it resolved.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
can't fight technology

got a message popped up on my phone from amazon saying my canoe seat was delivered at 4:11PM dropped off on my front porch

ok, cool - I was in the workshop around back and go get it later on.

About 2 hours later I go out front and don't see anything so I double check my phone.

oh well - I figured they just got a little anxious about it and it will come tomorrow

Postman drops a package off at the door today and I meet to see if its my canoe seat, nope - some stupid crap my wife ordered so I asked him if he dropped off a package yesterday, told him the story and he said yesterday was my day off, another guy had his route - and he kind of rolled his eyes when he was talking about the guy. Asked me to get my tracking number and check online

So he leaves, I do, says the same thing - 4:11 dropoff on my front porch so now I'm thinking some neighborhood punk stole my stuff but because a punk broke into my sons car about a year ago I bought a surveillance system. But just to check, I call the post office and ask the guy who answers to check on my tracking number.

called them up, asked me to wait, comes back on the line and says the postman told him he dropped it off, remembered that it was a big package and he left it at the front door. Gives my address and then tells me there's been a rash of theft in my neighborhood.

OK, fine , now I'm gonna have to figure out who stole it.

Go to check the video and I see that at 3:06pm, the postman pull up in his toy jeep, drops off my mail and doesn't get out of the car, turns around in my driveway and leaves. No package, nothing. He feet don't touch the ground.

So that's where I am now.

I'm going to make a cordial phone call in the morning and let the post office know they are mistaken. I don't want get into a pissing contest with them - sumbitch will drive by and just throw my mail into the yard or something, but I want my damn canoe seat.

he or she has dropped it off at the wrong address, this has happened to me more than once

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We've had a lot of these incidents in the last few years due to my wife ordering so much for her business.

She had a box delivered to a wrong address about a year ago. I called and they argued about it. Say they left it a XX:XX that day and it's on the porch. If it's not then some stole it. I told them that the video system must have missed them, or they're really thin and pale because it didn't show anyone. They also flipped when they found out that it was $4,000 worth of jeans. When I got off the phone I made a loop around the block and found it. The house number was correct, but the street address was wrong. Funny thing is, our houses are about 4 apart.

I also had them leave a large box of business cards on the ground right next to a gutter downspout when a storm was about 10 minutes away. We reported it, filed the paperwork, and never heard another thing about it.

These are just 2 of the examples of the level of dumbassitutde that resides at my small town post office.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Live in an area with a small PO, maybe 15 employees total.
Got a new postmaster (old white female fat too) who never kept anyone at the windows (two of them). We as customers had to stand and wait until someone came out from the back room. I got tired of the wait after 2 years and got a old white female out front and had an little talk session with that person. Asked why they didn't have a bell out front for us to ring. She said they had cameras, I said well they don't work takes 2 to 5 mins. to get someone out here to sell stamps etc.
She said she had to keep the people busy.

So I left, looked up the USPS web site. Had a comment section. I filed a short letter. Two weeks later I get an e mail from the local PM explaining why they are never in the front.
Two years later (now) we have 17 to 18 employees at this sight and never have to wait.
I think she hates me because she shakes when I go to the window. If she is busy, she rings a bell to get someone else up there quick.
So if worse gets to bad, send a comment to DC, seems to work.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd call the boss but leave them an out.

i.e. there's no video of your postman leaving this on my porch so I think he left it at the wrong address. Please locate and return.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.
If you start out nice you can always go to nasty. If you start at nasty, going back to nice doesn't really mean much. Talk to your regular driver. If he's motivated he might be able to help. If he can't then talk to the local Postmaster. If they won't do anything go to the regional postal inspectors. You've got video so they're going to take it pretty serious.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

Yes, but sometimes it is fun to burn their wings off with a blowtorch.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,398 guests, and 800 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,496
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.