Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lets get it started...

Anybody else feel like the election is hanging in the balance tomorrow night.

They're already trying to rig it for Hillary. Giving her a bigger podium so she doesn't look so helpless next to Trump, no kidding, somebody agreed to this...

[Linked Image]

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I read on Drudge that the debate commission agreed to the step stool. I don't think the Trump team would care - furthermore, its a further distance to the ground if she passes out.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I see where Trump is discussing Border security with Bibi. He'll probably have some coherent surprises should Hillary bring up his border wall..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I read on Drudge that the debate commission agreed to the step stool. I don't think the Trump team would care - furthermore, its a further distance to the ground if she passes out.

Hopefully enough difference to make it fatal.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah that Yorkshire doesn't need a state funeral.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Lets get it started...

They're already trying to rig it for Hillary. Giving her a bigger podium so she doesn't look so helpless next to Trump, no kidding, somebody agreed to this...

[Linked Image]

My understanding is that the smaller podium is for Hildog so she won't look so short because her request for a step stool was rejected...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Lets get it started...

[Linked Image]

Has something changed?

I read in the last few days that she wanted the step but got the shorter podium. She's something like 5'4" and Trump is 6'2".

He should mention that hiLIARy is at the children's table!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump people will say Trump wins the debate.

Hillary people AND THE MEDIA will say she wins.

Polls won't change.

The swing states will screw us........ again.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Still hoping for a Seizure!

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Da Trumpster absolutely needs to make mention of any format accommodations given to his opponent in his opening remarks.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My fantasy

Trump gracious, charming, intelligent--just like when he is courting a business deal.

Hillary boring, cold, stiff.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Still hoping for a Seizure!

Too soon, could still get Bernie in and screw up swing states.

Need her to look bad for a while, call people deplorable, and generally screw it up.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hillary will start the debate high as a kite - she'll be pumped full of a little bit of everything in the hope of saving her from passing out. Watch for her to be real giddy at the start, as if she just drank a pot of coffee.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BMT
My fantasy

Trump gracious, charming, intelligent--just like when he is courting a business deal.

BMT

and harsh and shrill....if only obviously.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I had my say about it back in February.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
In other news, Hillary hasn't been able to get her fat ass off the pot since the South Carolina results came in.

Political pundits suggest that she'll have to bring a slop jar with her to the debates against Trump.

She'll turn loose with a prolonged fart when he mentions Benghazi, they say...and when he asks about the e-mails,..she'll drop a dense turd 3 feet long right there behind the podium.

From that point on, she'll respond to every comment with a bug eyed grunt as she squats upon the portable, glazed throne.

The headlines next day will read, "HILLARY HAS CHIT!,...details at 11.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is pure powder for Trump.

"Everything about Hillary is built on deception, even her new custom podium."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by BMT
My fantasy

BMT

and harsh and shrill....if only obviously.

You remember those clips of the Seahawk fans the minute the Patriots intercepted the ball on the goal-line a few years back? That will be liberal democrats if Hillary hits the floor. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess we don't need to worry about Killary lying.

Before debate, Clinton works refs, asks for special treatment

By BYRON YORK (@BYRONYORK) • 9/25/16 11:48 PM

For several days, Democrats and their supporters in the press have demanded that presidential debate moderator Lester Holt factcheck Donald Trump in Monday night's showdown at Hofstra University. Those demands turned to pleading Sunday when Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, Robby Mook, appearing on ABC's "This Week," asked for special treatment for Clinton in the event that Trump tells lies from the debate stage.

"All that we're asking is that, if Donald Trump lies, that it's pointed out," Mook said. "It's unfair to ask for Hillary both to play traffic cop while with Trump, make sure that his lies are corrected, and also to present her vision for what she wants to do for the American people."

"But isn't that what a debater is supposed to do?" asked host George Stephanopoulos.

"Well, I think Donald Trump's special," Mook said. "We haven't seen anything like this…So we're saying this is a special circumstance, a special debate, and Hillary should be given some time to actually talk about what she wants to do to make a difference in people's lives. She shouldn't have to spend the whole debate correcting the record."

Other Clinton officials made a similar case in the days leading up to the debate. On Friday, Team Clinton held a conference call for reporters, urging Holt to factcheck Trump on the fly. "This is the role of the moderator…to call out those lies, and do it in real time," top campaign official Jennifer Palmieri said. "To not do that is to give Donald Trump a very unfair advantage."

And what kind of lies should Holt factcheck? In its email announcing the conference call, the Clinton campaign provided a handy list of "Trump's Seven Deadly Lies." Number one on the list was the Trump claim that seems to anger Democrats most — that he opposed the war in Iraq.

It would not be a surprise to hear Trump repeat that claim at Hofstra. But a factcheck might not lead to the cathartic, true-false, black-white "You lie!" moment Democrats would like. Sometimes facts yield a murky picture, and that's the story with Trump and Iraq.

In its email, the Clinton campaign included a passage from a Washington Post factcheck of Trump and Iraq, under the heading "Trump: 'I was totally against the war in Iraq.' // Four Pinocchios":

As our timeline shows, Trump was not "totally" against the Iraq War. Trump expressed lukewarm support the first time he was asked about it on Sept. 11, 2002, and was not clearly against it until he was quoted in the August 2004 Esquire cover story. (We even made a video documenting how this is a bogus claim.) Yet he repeatedly claims he opposed the war from the beginning — and thus, earns Four Pinocchios.

That, apparently, is the case the Clinton campaign would like Lester Holt to make against Trump should Trump say at the debate that he opposed the war.

But look at the Post's conclusion. The sum total of evidence that Trump supported the war before the March 20, 2003 invasion is a few seconds of an episode of the Howard Stern show more than six months earlier, on September 11, 2002. "Are you for invading Iraq?" Stern asked. "Yeah, I guess so," Trump answered haltingly. "I wish the first time it was done correctly."

That's it.

The only other public statement Trump made before the war was an appearance with Fox News' Neil Cavuto on January 28, 2003. "If you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired," Trump said. "I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned."

What did that mean? It certainly didn't explicitly support or oppose the war. Put it down as an inconclusive statement. (That and other quotations in this piece are taken from a FactCheck.org article from February of this year.)
From the day of the invasion on, Trump made a series of statements about Iraq, none definitive, and most expressing some sort of misgiving about the conflict.

On the first day of the war, Trump said of Wall Street: 'Even before the fact, they're obviously taking it a little bit for granted that it looks like a tremendous success from a military standpoint." Trump did not characterize that in one way or the other.

The next day, Trump called the war "depressing." Two days after that, he called it "a mess."

A few months later, on July 1, 2003, Trump said, "I would love to see New York City and some of the cities and some of the states get some of the money that's going toward Iraq and other places, because you know, they really need and they need it badly."

On September 11, 2003, one year after his "Yeah, I guess so," remark on Howard Stern, Trump said, "It wasn't a mistake to fight terrorism and fight it hard, and I guess maybe if I had to do it, I would have fought terrorism but not necessarily Iraq."

And on and on. By 2004, with the war an increasingly troubled enterprise, Trump became more openly negative.

Whatever all that adds up to, it is not a record of supporting the Iraq war before, during, and after the invasion.

So back to the Washington Post factcheck. The statement that prompted the factcheck was Trump saying he was "totally" against the war, and the Post proved that Trump was not "totally" against the war. He was somewhat against the war, or partially against the war, or mostly against the war, or mildly against the war, or kinda against the war.

So is that the point the Clinton campaign would like Lester Holt to make? If Trump repeats his claim that he was totally against the war, should Holt remind him that he was only somewhat against the war? It's hard to imagine voters would take such a distinction very seriously.

The most far reaching indictment of Trump's stance on the war came from none other than Hillary Clinton, at NBC's "Commander in Chief Forum" on September 7. "My opponent was for the war in Iraq," Clinton said. "He says he wasn't. You can go back and look at the record. He supported it. He told Howard Stern he supported it. So he supported it before it happened, he supported it as it was happening, and he is on record as supporting it after it happened."

That's not really an accurate reflection of events. It's the kind of thing political candidates can say about their opponents. But it's just not the job of a debate moderator.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2602810

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BMT
My fantasy

BMT

Yeah me too.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump tells one truth and Hillary lies. Trump automatically wins.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.