Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
How are they? I don't expect them to be in the same class as McMillan but do they stack up when compared to other stocks for under $300???

Like the lines of them and considering using a couple for building a pair of M98s...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
HR IC

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I've got one on a M700 and one on a Model Seven. I like them both.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Own one. On a Rem 700 Mtn rifle. No regrets. Satisfied with feel and weight.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hav one on a Savage 116.

They are a little chunky for my tastes, but get the job done.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
For under $200 on the used market, they aren't too bad, but I've never liked their grips. I've owned a few and they have all eventually been replaced with McMillans.

IC B2

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've got one in a Model 7. Quality seems ok but definitely thick through the grip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find the H-S stocks thick and chunky with objectionable grips, but not the B&Cs.....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the B&C faux Ti stock as well as the A2 and both feel well built and a value for the money. The faux Ti stock was a perfect drop-in while the A2 required some relieving in the bolt notch area. I would consider buying again.

To contrast, I have HS Precision stocks as well in sporter configs and the forend feels like a 2x4 and are much heavier stocks. I do not like them for sporter setups.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have a the TI model and I like it

Tater
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a couple and like them alot. They are no McMillan, but are hard to beat for the $.

[Linked Image]

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think they are great. It's interesting that the biggest complaint I usually see about them is "grip thickness". I have small hands and I like the grip thickness. Try one out. Heck, if you have a Winchester model 70 short action or a Tikka bull barrel on which you would like to try one Cowboy Tim, I'll send you one to try for the season so you can see for yourself. I've got these two sitting here with no barreled action on which to place them. All I ask is you pay shipping. It would be a cheap way for you to try one out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Now that is a heck of a deal right there that is awesome

Tater
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I actually prefer them over the HS stocks of similar style as well. For the money, they are pretty darn good.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My stock of choice for many rifles. Nice folks to deal with and unbeatable cost vs. performance ratio. There might be better stocks but not for the money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bell& Carlson Medalist may not be liked by the "cool" kids, but I have one and think it's a great stock.

People like to say for the money it's great. I think it's a very good stock regardless of price.

The fact it's a bargain is just that much better.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just got my first BC stock ever in the mail today. Since this is for a Savage 110, it was basically the only option. Other than the weight(39 ounces), I really like it. Ergos feel good, seems well-made enough. I have short fingers in relation to my palms, and the grip doesn't bother me one bit. And I like the paint. It isn't executed as well as the McMillan Hunter's Edge on my Remmy, but I actually like the way it looks better. I'm gonna hog out the barrel channel to fit and hopefully lose an ounce of two, and call it good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I just realized I own 4, no complaints they have all served me well.

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Sure sounds like I'm going to go ahead and plan on using them, Working on the barreled actions now(as funds allow). Kind of a drawn out project, but I've been making nice progress lately.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got a B&C stock awhile back, used, on here, for $130. I am not sure which one it is,but It is a great stock and I had to do almost nothing to it, to get it to fit my SPS. It is a heavier stock than the original rem piece of crap, but man, that rifle shoots. It is heavier and more stable now. It is a bit thick in the grip, though.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was a major improvement in comfort and consistency over my A-bolt factory stock. Did absolute wonders for that rig. The B & C felt thick-ish mostly in the grip but very soon got used to it and it feels normal to me now. I since then bought an HS precision which cost more and the two are different. The HS has a little better shape and feel and seems overall sturdier plus a great tactile texture but an awful recoil pad. The B and C noticeably tamed recoil while the HS rather increased it. I am going to have a smith swap the pad for a decellerator and will no doubt love it all the more then BUT - If I did it over I would probably get a second B & C. In short heck yes they are good stocks.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.