Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 42 43
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's a reason bicyclists are scorned across the country. Some people just refuse to see why and instead get on the internet and cry about it.

Spell it out for the "slower" folks that like to dress up and play with bikes on the highway.

They're a PITA on roads designed for automobiles, too slow, and often hog the lane creating passing hazards.

They're arrogant, feel entitled, inconsiderate, self-absorbed, passive aggressive (as opposed to outright aggressive like the motorists they piss off), elitists, and let's admit it, they look ridiculous in spandex outfits with a little foam helmet.

They're what's wrong with American values. Them and Walmart people.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
There's a reason bicyclists are scorned across the country. Some people just refuse to see why and instead get on the internet and cry about it.

Spell it out for the "slower" folks that like to dress up and play with bikes on the highway.

They're a PITA on roads designed for automobiles, too slow, and often hog the lane creating passing hazards.

They're arrogant, feel entitled, inconsiderate, self-absorbed, passive aggressive (as opposed to outright aggressive like the motorists they piss off), elitists, and let's admit it, they look ridiculous in spandex outfits with a little foam helmet.

Hmmm....But can they keep their wives happy?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hitting close to home yet?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
And if I ever witness a bicyclist get hit by a vehicle on 13 or 200 I will only slow down to make sure the motorist's car isn't too badly damaged.

Dave

Jeeze, even if all 400 Montana residents were on that road at one time, seeing a bicyclist on that road shouldn't be an issue. Interestingly enough, the very part of that highway I zoomed in to street view, there were cattle on the road. Yet another reason to never outdrive your line of sight. Are the drivers up there that bad?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
So give me your best shot. In the end we may all learn something.

ok

when you are riding in a group, and a woman is in front of you, are you watching her butt?

Rode with a friend for years,allways let her lead. And you would too.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hitting close to home yet?

Me? I'm homeless.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Highways are built, and funded, by modern transportation. They are not a [bleep] entertainment device or exercise equipment. If you are taking up space on the road, do the speedlimit. If you can't, go somewhere else.

Exceptions granted for farm equipment, heavy equipment, and trucks driven by courteous operators.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 09/28/16.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Safest place to be in threads like this! grin

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PWN
I want them to obey the rules (laws) of the road just like automobiles must do. In Oklahoma we have a traffic statute that mandates bikes must ride single file as close to the edge of the road as possible and one that require motorists to pass bike by at least 3 feet if safe to do so. The bike riders in my area insist on riding 3 or 4 across and can't be bothered to move to single file even when I honk to let them know I am coming up behind them. They also do not stop for stop signs or signal turns. That behavior pisses me off to know end.

Perry

I have driven in OK before. Based on my observations, few of your motorists obey the law.

The state of OK does NOT have a law that requires bicycles to stay as far to the right as possible. Bicyclists MAY ride two abreast according to OK law.

Do you really want bicyclists to obey every law all the time?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

That person is a grade A cockhole.
Probably - but it's still funny as hell.. laugh laugh

Besides, compared to riding a bicycle in China one would think THAT Cummins smoke is as fresh as a newly blooming tulip..

Best wishes... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

They must be a much bigger PITA where you are than where I live. I drive about 50K miles per year and can't think of a single instance where I was held up for even a full minute by a bicyclist. What's the longest you have ever been held up by a bicycle or a group of bicyclists? Tell me about that if you don't mind.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And if I ever witness a bicyclist get hit by a vehicle on 13 or 200 I will only slow down to make sure the motorist's car isn't too badly damaged.

Dave

Jeeze, even if all 400 Montana residents were on that road at one time, seeing a bicyclist on that road shouldn't be an issue. Interestingly enough, the very part of that highway I zoomed in to street view, there were cattle on the road. Yet another reason to never outdrive your line of sight. Are the drivers up there that bad?

The drivers are great.

The cyclists are stupid.

What interstate were you referring to?

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Highways are built, and funded, by modern transportation. They are not a [bleep] entertainment device or exercise equipment. If you are taking up space on the road, do the speedlimit. If you can't, go somewhere else.

Exceptions granted for farm equipment, heavy equipment, and trucks driven by courteous operators.

By law, bicyclists are allowed on most non-interstate highways. Their tax dollars are used to pay for the roads. Is it really that hard to move your steering wheel 2 degrees to the left or to press gently on your brake then on your gas?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Dave

The drivers are great.

The cyclists are stupid.

What interstate were you referring to?

Clark

Highway 13

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
It occurs to me from my participation in a number of different forums that Americans love to express their rage for bicyclists on the road.
Only at rush hours. Have you learned that yet? grin

I have been the only vehicle (motorized or non) on the road for miles and have been yelled at and brush passed.
So were folks walking along the road yelling at you or did they come out of their houses? Any idea what compels them to do so? You are clothed, right? wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It occurs to me from my participation in a number of different forums that Americans love to express their rage for bicyclists on the road.
Only at rush hours. Have you learned that yet? grin

I have been the only vehicle (motorized or non) on the road for miles and have been yelled at and brush passed.
So were folks walking along the road yelling at you or did they come out of their houses? Any idea what compels them to do so? You are clothed, right? wink

I see what you did there!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Highway 13 is the interstate paralleling Route 2?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
You'll have to follow this with a thread about bike lanes, so the same bike bitchers can bitch about them!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Highway 13 is the interstate paralleling Route 2?

Dave

I was looking at the highway 13 that runs south to north connecting Circle, Macon and Scobey. It's a narrow road, but straight with good sight lines. At first glance, it looks like the kind of road I enjoy. Wide open prairie with mountains in the distance. I can't imagine there would be much traffic.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
You'll have to follow this with a thread about bike lanes, so the same bike bitchers can bitch about them!

Are you saying there are motorists who hate bike lanes?

Page 5 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.