Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Wow!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...e/ar-BBwInKy?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SK2BDHP

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/editorial/2016/09/27/hillary-clinton-endorsement/91198668/

The Arizona Republic, the largest newspaper in the state, endorsed Hillary Clinton on Tuesday, the first time the 126-year-old publication has supported a Democrat for president.

"Since The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles," the paper's editorial board wrote.

"This year is different. The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified. That's why, for the first time in our history, The Arizona Republic will support a Democrat for president," it continued.

Donald Trump, the editorial board wrote, does not understand the challenges the country faces, nor does he have the temperament to deal with them.

The paper acknowledged that Clinton has weaknesses but argued that her experience, pragmatism and disposition makes her well suited to occupy the Oval Office.

"Clinton retains her composure under pressure," reads the editorial. "She's tough. She doesn't back down."

"She is intimately familiar with the challenges we face in our relations with Russia, China, the Middle East, North Korea and elsewhere. She'll stand by our friends and she's not afraid to confront our enemies."

The paper also took a shot at GOP leaders who have backed Trump in the hopes that he will use the White House to advance conservative causes.

"[T]hey shudder at the thought of Hillary Clinton naming Supreme Court justices," the board wrote. "So they stick with Trump. We get that. But we ask them to see Trump for what he is - and what he is not."

"Trump's conversion to conservatism is recent and unconvincing. There is no guarantee he will name solid conservatives to the Supreme Court."

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The Arizona Republic is owned by gannett, the same corporation that owns usa today, l.a. times, etc. It has NOT been conservative in nature since it was sold to gannett.
That is very far from the truth.
It's name here often is "the arizona repulsive."
it is an open borders, anti sheriff Joe, piece of newswipe good for bird cages.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/27/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Wow!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...e/ar-BBwInKy?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SK2BDHP

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/editorial/2016/09/27/hillary-clinton-endorsement/91198668/

The Arizona Republic, the largest newspaper in the state, endorsed Hillary Clinton on Tuesday, the first time the 126-year-old publication has supported a Democrat for president.

"Since The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles," the paper's editorial board wrote.

"This year is different. The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified. That's why, for the first time in our history, The Arizona Republic will support a Democrat for president," it continued.

Donald Trump, the editorial board wrote, does not understand the challenges the country faces, nor does he have the temperament to deal with them.

The paper acknowledged that Clinton has weaknesses but argued that her experience, pragmatism and disposition makes her well suited to occupy the Oval Office.

"Clinton retains her composure under pressure," reads the editorial. "She's tough. She doesn't back down."

"She is intimately familiar with the challenges we face in our relations with Russia, China, the Middle East, North Korea and elsewhere. She'll stand by our friends and she's not afraid to confront our enemies."

The paper also took a shot at GOP leaders who have backed Trump in the hopes that he will use the White House to advance conservative causes.

"[T]hey shudder at the thought of Hillary Clinton naming Supreme Court justices," the board wrote. "So they stick with Trump. We get that. But we ask them to see Trump for what he is - and what he is not."

"Trump's conversion to conservatism is recent and unconvincing. There is no guarantee he will name solid conservatives to the Supreme Court."

Big Takeaway: Carly can win!!!

ETA: No, I didn't read a fuggin' word you wrote. And I won't vote for Clinton, so go over to DU and peddle your wares.

Last edited by bigfish9684; 09/27/16.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hillary helped cause all the problems in the middle east. Obama supplies money and weapons to the terrorist.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The "temperment" crap is BS, created out of nothing. It is specifically designed to denigrate Trump. Hillary has well documented problems with temperment and dealing with people. Just like Trump said, she has experience, but it's BAD experience. She did a lousy job. What a bunch of crap.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Holding up the Az. Republic as a "conservative" rag ?

..... good grief, talk about out of touch.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Conservative my ass!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's the wow? The 'press' has been taken over by rich, agenda driven individuals who have financial interests contrarary to the good of America. They use pocket change to buy and sell the 'press.' The Arizona Republic is no different.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Commercial Media has been for sale for a long time.

They sold out the American Public for special interest, profit, and big business long ago.

Every smidge of news anyone hears on MSM is designed and tailored to point or push you in the direction they want you to go.

Period.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Seek some kind of help Rob.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They have many FSA folks....just like Louisiana!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would not say the Republic is conservative. At least not in the sense that the WSJ and Fox is.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
This is proof positive that you're a complete and utter moron.

No matter former track record, no matter the make up of the editorial staff, no matter ANYTHING... anyone who endorses Clinton CANNOT EVER be considered even for a SPLIT second a Conservative!

No amount of words can make the case. It's impossible.

And you're dumb enough to post something to the contrary.

ES&D

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Carly! Carly! Carly!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
The Arizona Republic is owned by gannett, the same corporation that owns usa today, l.a. times, etc. It has NOT been conservative in nature since it was sold to gannett.
That is very far from the truth.
It's name here often is "the arizona repulsive."
it is an open borders, anti sheriff Joe, piece of newswipe good for bird cages.

Way to go Ron!

Bust his bubble but good, now what is Funk to do.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
"...The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified....see Trump for what he is...no guarantee he will name solid conservatives to the Supreme Court."

Yup, they're all over it. Wish everyone else was. Can't see endorsing Clinton, though.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The Republican Candidate is not a corrupt, opportunistic rentierist like Hitlery."

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Conservative my aching arse. Just another member rag in good standing in the Propaganda Corps.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most sorry-azz liberal progressive rag I have ever had the misfortune to try to read.

How anyone can refer to it as "conservative" is beyond me.

[Linked Image]
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It used to be conservative. After Gannett bought it it wasn't anymore.
It had been sliding for a while but that purchase clinched it.

Retired cat herder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1_deuce, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,135
Posts18,483,942
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.