Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Tebow thread? I guess I am behind on my reading.

No big deal. Somebody just posted something about him playing baseball and it was immediately inundated with religious smack.

Tebo wears his religion on his sleeve, and on his pocketbook, so it's fair game.

Peyton Manning's a devout Presbyterian, but unlike Tebo, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Try posting something about Manning, and I'd be surprised if anyone commented on his religion.

Being Presbyterian does not make you born again. Born again Christians are Christians first even before they are anything else.

Here's what Manning said about his Christianity in his book:

"Manning is a Christian. At age 13, he said, "I committed my life to Christ, and that faith has been most important to me ever since." Manning said his priorities ranked in order are "...faith, family, friends, and football." Manning said he prays every night and before games and added, "I hope (and pray) I don't do too many things that displease Him before I get to Heaven myself. I believe, too, that life is much better and freer when you're committed to God in that way."

So, because he doesn't speak in tongues after each touchdown pass he's not Christian enough for you?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Freedom of religion meets freedom of speech.

If you don't want your religion to be criticized in public, don't bring it up in public.

That's a good answer, but what compels somebody to criticize something that doesn't effect them?

You made an assumption not in evidence. If a person makes less than optimum decisions based on untrue beliefs, it can affect more than just themselves. If in public someone is attempting to persuade them to base their future actions on untrue beliefs, anyone listening has a right to join the debate. If you want to keep you debate private, than keep it private.

Not true. Remember the scripture. One mans meat is another mans poison. If you dont believe it, ask someone allergic to peanut butter or strawberries or seafood.

You're going to die. I already did.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

If you don't want your religion to be criticized in public, don't bring it up in public.

That's a good answer, but what compels somebody to criticize something that doesn't effect them?

You made an assumption not in evidence. If a person makes less than optimum decisions based on untrue beliefs, it can affect more than just themselves. If in public someone is attempting to persuade them to base their future actions on untrue beliefs, anyone listening has a right to join the debate. If you want to keep you debate private, than keep it private.

Not true. Remember the scripture. One mans meat is another mans poison. If you dont believe it, ask someone allergic to peanut butter or strawberries or seafood.

Yet you keep posting...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now that's funny! Laffin!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ah, what about my favorite saying:

"Just because something isn't true doesn't mean you cant believe in it."

Thats from Second Hand Lions. Yep.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Tebow thread? I guess I am behind on my reading.

No big deal. Somebody just posted something about him playing baseball and it was immediately inundated with religious smack.

Tebo wears his religion on his sleeve, and on his pocketbook, so it's fair game.

Peyton Manning's a devout Presbyterian, but unlike Tebo, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Try posting something about Manning, and I'd be surprised if anyone commented on his religion.

And who wears their heatheness on theirs?

You should add pagan, infidel, heretic to that while you are at it. But it you wish to give me a label I prefer Skeptic.

The difference is what I'm NOT, and that's a hypocrite. Unlike many of the Christians on this board, I've never suggested muzzling the other side, or demanded a free pass. If you have some evidence for what you believe, great, present it, lets discuss it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Another man's meat is ALWAYS poison.

Thats just gross. Unless you are into man meat, then I guess its okay.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

We are all dying. Some are just dying faster than others.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

Because you believe or don't believe something does not make it truth. You have real trouble with that concept.

That's really funny coming from a Young Earth Creationist.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've noticed the hate too. You can do something as simple as wish God's blessing to someone, and others will start throwing gratuitous comments about the flying spaghetti monster, or worse mocking christians and God. They just can't seem to ignore it if they are non-believers, and the trend is growing as you have noted. I believe it is part of what I call the quickening (or birth) of the end times.

Jesus spoke of this in Matthew 24:8 - 9. 

"All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake." 

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by byc
I hear you. When I do go to Church I attend a straight up Bible Church. No denomination.

But honestly Church for me these days is the outdoors. Christianity is in my heart and personal beliefs that do fall within the Testaments.
word

We tend to find life closer to God while out in the woods, especially up north. Clear thinking. No fakery going on, nothing to distract you.

Many years ago right after I'd shot my first bou, way up on top in AK, my buddy says, staring out in space, feels like you can touch God from here doesn't it. Or something to that effect. It caused me pause and a few tears, but he was correct. Much more so than in any church.

We keep thinking, we should get back to a church, but almost all of them are so fake...

There was some quote about space travel, IIRC, about reaching out and touching the hand of God. I can sure get that from being out in space. As close as we can get is nature. I'll take that every time.

I have a quote on the wall at work, I think its still there, to the effect I'd rather be out in nature thinking(talking to) of God, than in church, thinking of being out in nature.

I sure miss our old pastor Bill... he was a nature guy from the get go.... I enjoyed church very much so with him.

I dont know, Rost. When I do go to a church and we sing Rock of Ages or Amazing Grace its sure gets the allergies going.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good god....pun intended....is there no end to these religious threads....

Religion...Politics...and idiots on bicycles...

Remind me to never share a "Campfire" with you guys....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Allen917
I've noticed the hate too. You can do something as simple as wish God's blessing to someone, and others will start throwing gratuitous comments about the flying spaghetti monster, or worse mocking christians and God.

I don't see the sense in that. When somebody wishes you well in their own way, such as saying Merry Christmas, the proper rely is "thank you", or returning the sentiment in your own way. If someone wants to debate religion, there's a thousand places that debate time is spent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't hate Christians but I do get mightily annoyed when someone shoves their beliefs down my throat. Especially the ones who start quoting the bible to death.

Still, I'd take hanging out with a Christian any day of the week over an atheist liberal. Those folks are on a different level of irritation. The kind that gets my foot twitching as my eyes line up their mid section.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Amen, Allen. As He said, our friends and children will turn on us. When all nations, including the US, turns on Israel, the end is near.

All nations now have turned against the physical nation of Israel, and our brother Americans have turned against the believers, the spiritual Israel.

God finished His work in 6 days, or 6000 years. It was 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2000 years to Jesus of Nazerath, and 2000 years from Jesus Christ to 2016-2027.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Haha! 10-4.

Now what about a thread about bible thumping, bicycling politicians?

I have tried valiantly to derail this thread, to no avail. No one took the Man Meat bait.

Next time I guess.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
One thing I really like about living in N.C. is the strong Christian following that we have here. We pray before just about every event. Yep, even before a lot of school sponsored sporting events. We pray at each Friends of NRA meeting. We pray at professional association meetings, golf outing etc. Heck, we even pray before our opening day dove hunt. I wouldn't want it any other way!

I don't think that ol Antelope hates anyone. He just isn't a believer. I wish he was, along with many others on here.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Haha! 10-4.

Now what about a thread about bible thumping, bicycling politicians?

I have tried valiantly to derail this thread, to no avail. No one took the Man Meat bait.

Next time I guess.

Ask and yea shall be given:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not all of you, of course, but plenty. What did they do to you?

Something to do when it's too dark to be out running over bicyclists.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Ask and yea shall be given:

[Linked Image]

[/quote]

Touchdown! Amazing what a person can find on the internet.

Life is too short to not be silly.

Look that up, its in the bible.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 09/28/16.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,852 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,312
Posts18,487,270
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.