Home
Not all of you, of course, but plenty. What did they do to you?
[Linked Image]
Because just hating muzzies would be racist? One needs to spread their "hate" around. Those that do have had some bad karma in their past and have given up on the whole "god thing".
LT. i would say 90 percent of those that claim to be Christians use his name in vain.
being a Christian means living a life with Christ in you. Few do that.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
LT. i would say 90 percent of those that claim to be Christians use his name in vain.

I would not disagree with that. Is that a reason to hate them all?
I don't hate anyone.

I hate somethings...i.e., cancer. mad

BTW I am a Christian. smile
Me too, although I'm no bible thumper. I had hell finding a preacher for my daughters wedding last week. Police Chaplain had to do it.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Because just hating muzzies would be racist? One needs to spread their "hate" around. Those that do have had some bad karma in their past and have given up on the whole "god thing".

Christians can't be too perfect, ya know!
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Me too, although I'm no bible thumper. I had hell finding a preacher for my daughters wedding last week. Police Chaplain had to do it.

Nor am I and I went to a Baptist Bible College.

Why was that? Feel free not to answer if desired.
Originally Posted by Longbob

Great clip.

Why didn't you do the ceremony? I've done all my granddaughter's weddings and their baptisms also.
No problem. We are Christian...not Catholic, Baptist etc.
Are you faking persecution to get attention?
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Why didn't you do the ceremony? I've done all my granddaughter's weddings and their baptisms also.

I've divorced a few couples, but I don't think I can marry them.
Always think of this clip when some asks a 'why do hate...' question! laugh

I hear you. When I do go to Church I attend a straight up Bible Church. No denomination.

But honestly Church for me these days is the outdoors. Christianity is in my heart and personal beliefs that do fall within the Testaments.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Nope...I opened that Tebow thread and it inspired me to ask the question. It seems that Americans are not fit for freedom anymore.
Tebow thread? I guess I am behind on my reading.
Originally Posted by byc

But honestly Church for me these days is the outdoors.

Me too.
Originally Posted by byc
I hear you. When I do go to Church I attend a straight up Bible Church. No denomination.

But honestly Church for me these days is the outdoors. Christianity is in my heart and personal beliefs that do fall within the Testaments.
word

No big deal. Somebody just posted something about him playing baseball and it was immediately inundated with religious smack.
I don't hate Christians, but believe shyster preachers that take advantage of old folk and their money need to be drawn slowly and quartered even slower!
Okay, now I got ya.

I would say that 110% of Christians sin....

No big deal. Somebody just posted something about him playing baseball and it was immediately inundated with religious smack.

Tebo wears his religion on his sleeve, and on his pocketbook, so it's fair game.

Peyton Manning's a devout Presbyterian, but unlike Tebo, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Try posting something about Manning, and I'd be surprised if anyone commented on his religion.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Tebo wears his religion on his sleeve, and on his pocketbook, so it's fair game.

Peyton Manning's a devout Presbyterian, but unlike Tebo, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Try posting something about Manning, and I'd be surprised if anyone commented on his religion.

Don't ask, don't tell, huh?
Dont get me started on Presbyterians.

I dont understand why its fair game.

Tim has never come to my house to tell me the Word.

Only the JW's do that, and they only come by when they know I am not home.

Has Tim done something to warrant such comments?
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by byc

word

We tend to find life closer to God while out in the woods, especially up north. Clear thinking. No fakery going on, nothing to distract you.

Many years ago right after I'd shot my first bou, way up on top in AK, my buddy says, staring out in space, feels like you can touch God from here doesn't it. Or something to that effect. It caused me pause and a few tears, but he was correct. Much more so than in any church.

We keep thinking, we should get back to a church, but almost all of them are so fake...

There was some quote about space travel, IIRC, about reaching out and touching the hand of God. I can sure get that from being out in space. As close as we can get is nature. I'll take that every time.

I have a quote on the wall at work, I think its still there, to the effect I'd rather be out in nature thinking(talking to) of God, than in church, thinking of being out in nature.

I sure miss our old pastor Bill... he was a nature guy from the get go.... I enjoyed church very much so with him.

Freedom of religion meets freedom of speech.

If you don't want your religion to be criticized in public, don't bring it up in public.

If you don't want your religion to be criticized in public, don't bring it up in public.

That's a good answer, but what compels somebody to criticize something that doesn't effect them?

I disagree. The word of the Lord is like a two edged sword. It splits crap asunder. Swords cause fear. What one fears, one hates.

Me, i hate PC, libs, muzzies, commies, Clintons and rattlers and in that order.

That means you, north worthless asswhole (nwa).

That's a good answer, but what compels somebody to criticize something that doesn't effect them?

You made an assumption not in evidence. If a person makes less than optimum decisions based on untrue beliefs, it can affect more than just themselves. If in public someone is attempting to persuade them to base their future actions on untrue beliefs, anyone listening has a right to join the debate. If you want to keep you debate private, than keep it private.

Being Presbyterian does not make you born again. Born again Christians are Christians first even before they are anything else.
Originally Posted by byc
I don't hate anyone.

I hate somethings...i.e., cancer. mad

BTW I am a Christian. smile

Ditto. Life's too short.
I get it. If you don't know something it can't be so. That's really small thinking. None of us know as much as all of us.

And who wears their heatheness on theirs?

You made an assumption not in evidence. If a person makes less than optimum decisions based on untrue beliefs, it can affect more than just themselves. If in public someone is attempting to persuade them to base their future actions on untrue beliefs, anyone listening has a right to join the debate. If you want to keep you debate private, than keep it private.

Because you believe or don't believe something does not make it truth. You have real trouble with that concept.

9 out of 10 left lane hoggin' evangelicals agree.
Originally Posted by Ringman

Being Presbyterian does not make you born again. Born again Christians are Christians first even before they are anything else.

Here's what Manning said about his Christianity in his book:

"Manning is a Christian. At age 13, he said, "I committed my life to Christ, and that faith has been most important to me ever since." Manning said his priorities ranked in order are "...faith, family, friends, and football." Manning said he prays every night and before games and added, "I hope (and pray) I don't do too many things that displease Him before I get to Heaven myself. I believe, too, that life is much better and freer when you're committed to God in that way."

So, because he doesn't speak in tongues after each touchdown pass he's not Christian enough for you?

Not true. Remember the scripture. One mans meat is another mans poison. If you dont believe it, ask someone allergic to peanut butter or strawberries or seafood.

You're going to die. I already did.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Not true. Remember the scripture. One mans meat is another mans poison. If you dont believe it, ask someone allergic to peanut butter or strawberries or seafood.

Yet you keep posting...
Now that's funny! Laffin!
Ah, what about my favorite saying:

"Just because something isn't true doesn't mean you cant believe in it."

Thats from Second Hand Lions. Yep.

And who wears their heatheness on theirs?

You should add pagan, infidel, heretic to that while you are at it. But it you wish to give me a label I prefer Skeptic.

The difference is what I'm NOT, and that's a hypocrite. Unlike many of the Christians on this board, I've never suggested muzzling the other side, or demanded a free pass. If you have some evidence for what you believe, great, present it, lets discuss it.
Another man's meat is ALWAYS poison.

Thats just gross. Unless you are into man meat, then I guess its okay.

We are all dying. Some are just dying faster than others.

Because you believe or don't believe something does not make it truth. You have real trouble with that concept.

That's really funny coming from a Young Earth Creationist.
I've noticed the hate too. You can do something as simple as wish God's blessing to someone, and others will start throwing gratuitous comments about the flying spaghetti monster, or worse mocking christians and God. They just can't seem to ignore it if they are non-believers, and the trend is growing as you have noted. I believe it is part of what I call the quickening (or birth) of the end times.

Jesus spoke of this in Matthew 24:8 - 9. 

"All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake." 
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by byc

word

We tend to find life closer to God while out in the woods, especially up north. Clear thinking. No fakery going on, nothing to distract you.

Many years ago right after I'd shot my first bou, way up on top in AK, my buddy says, staring out in space, feels like you can touch God from here doesn't it. Or something to that effect. It caused me pause and a few tears, but he was correct. Much more so than in any church.

We keep thinking, we should get back to a church, but almost all of them are so fake...

There was some quote about space travel, IIRC, about reaching out and touching the hand of God. I can sure get that from being out in space. As close as we can get is nature. I'll take that every time.

I have a quote on the wall at work, I think its still there, to the effect I'd rather be out in nature thinking(talking to) of God, than in church, thinking of being out in nature.

I sure miss our old pastor Bill... he was a nature guy from the get go.... I enjoyed church very much so with him.

I dont know, Rost. When I do go to a church and we sing Rock of Ages or Amazing Grace its sure gets the allergies going.
Good god....pun intended....is there no end to these religious threads....

Religion...Politics...and idiots on bicycles...

Remind me to never share a "Campfire" with you guys....
Originally Posted by Allen917
I've noticed the hate too. You can do something as simple as wish God's blessing to someone, and others will start throwing gratuitous comments about the flying spaghetti monster, or worse mocking christians and God.

I don't see the sense in that. When somebody wishes you well in their own way, such as saying Merry Christmas, the proper rely is "thank you", or returning the sentiment in your own way. If someone wants to debate religion, there's a thousand places that debate time is spent.
I don't hate Christians but I do get mightily annoyed when someone shoves their beliefs down my throat. Especially the ones who start quoting the bible to death.

Still, I'd take hanging out with a Christian any day of the week over an atheist liberal. Those folks are on a different level of irritation. The kind that gets my foot twitching as my eyes line up their mid section.
Amen, Allen. As He said, our friends and children will turn on us. When all nations, including the US, turns on Israel, the end is near.

All nations now have turned against the physical nation of Israel, and our brother Americans have turned against the believers, the spiritual Israel.

God finished His work in 6 days, or 6000 years. It was 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2000 years to Jesus of Nazerath, and 2000 years from Jesus Christ to 2016-2027.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Haha! 10-4.

Now what about a thread about bible thumping, bicycling politicians?

I have tried valiantly to derail this thread, to no avail. No one took the Man Meat bait.

Next time I guess.
One thing I really like about living in N.C. is the strong Christian following that we have here. We pray before just about every event. Yep, even before a lot of school sponsored sporting events. We pray at each Friends of NRA meeting. We pray at professional association meetings, golf outing etc. Heck, we even pray before our opening day dove hunt. I wouldn't want it any other way!

I don't think that ol Antelope hates anyone. He just isn't a believer. I wish he was, along with many others on here.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Haha! 10-4.

Now what about a thread about bible thumping, bicycling politicians?

I have tried valiantly to derail this thread, to no avail. No one took the Man Meat bait.

Next time I guess.

Ask and yea shall be given:

[Linked Image]

Something to do when it's too dark to be out running over bicyclists.

GTC

[Linked Image]

[/quote]

Touchdown! Amazing what a person can find on the internet.

Life is too short to not be silly.

Look that up, its in the bible.
Tebow is hilarious, and a hell of a good guy by all accounts. As is most every Christian I've met.

That said, nobody does victim like a Christian.

Praise Jesus.
Originally Posted by rrroae
I don't hate Christians but I do get mightily annoyed when someone shoves their beliefs down my throat. Especially the ones who start quoting the bible to death.

Still, I'd take hanging out with a Christian any day of the week over an atheist liberal. Those folks are on a different level of irritation. The kind that gets my foot twitching as my eyes line up their mid section.

Cant handle that truth chitt, huh. Makes you uncomfortable-just like He said it would. Ha, why should BS bother a wheel like you? Oh yeah-dogs and wheels.

Cant handle that truth chitt, huh. Makes you uncomfortable-just like He said it would. Ha, why should BS bother a wheel like you? Oh yeah-dogs and wheels.

So J,

According to your beliefs, how old is the Earth?

[Linked Image]

Touchdown! Amazing what a person can find on the internet.

Life is too short to not be silly.

Look that up, its in the bible. [/quote]

Not necessarily. Some will live forever.

Nope...I opened that Tebow thread and it inspired me to ask the question.

If Tebow just wasn't a Christian by gawd, he would have been called up by the Mets by now or working it at QB in NE til Brady gets back...

I will see your atheist liberal and raise you a vegan hipster.

Just give my all the money in the pot. I win.

Unless you are holding a bicycling lawyer.

Lets call it a tie if thats the case.
It only surprises me when a Christian doesn't understand why someone hates him or her.

John 15:18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first.
How about a vegan hipster with a JD on a unicycle.......

Mind blown.
No coming back from that I suppose.

Fold.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
It only surprises me when a Christian doesn't understand why someone hates him or her.

Did Jesus invent the bicycle?

Only Ted Cruz. Duh.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

He argued like a Lawyer and was known to ride a donkey, kind of the bicycle of it's day.

I had to look that up.

Apparently some Kraut invented a two wheeled device you propelled Barney Rubble style.

Some drunken Scottsman put pedals on it.

Remember, He said, good will become evil and evil will become good. Look around. The good is now evil, even on the Fire.

Dad said when he was a kid, most folks were in curch on Sunday.

No stores were open. The nation was Christian. We owned the gates of our enemies, from the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, and the Panama Canal. The US was the greatest creditor nation on the earth.

Then, the educated and enlightened like AS took over and we became the greatest debtor nation in history- like He said we would.

"Somebody"? That was me you ignoranimus! smile
antelope_sniper,

You know as well as I do there is more evidence for a young earth than there is for an old earth. We all have the same evidence. It is a matter of our starting point that decides what we ultimately believe.

Remember, He said, good will become evil and evil will become good. Look around. The good is now evil, even on the Fire.

Dad said when he was a kid, most folks were in curch on Sunday.

No stores were open. The nation was Christian. We owned the gates of our enemies, from the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, and the Panama Canal. The US was the greatest creditor nation on the earth.

Then, the educated and enlightened like AS took over and we became the greatest debtor nation in history- like He said we would.

Wow,

You know nothing about my economic leanings.
antelope_sniper,

You know as well as I do there is more evidence for a young earth than there is for an old earth. We all have the same evidence. It is a matter of our starting point that decides what we ultimately believe.

No,

There's not.

Last time I asked you for your best single piece of evidence you included something so inane that even the Answers in Genesis said not to use that argument because it was flawed...
God finished His work in 6 days, or 6000 years. It was 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2000 years to Jesus of Nazerath, and 2000 years from Jesus Christ to 2016-2027.

Chit, I got 11 years, at best?? !!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Safe Space

^^Safe Space for anyone pansies offended by words they read on the internet.
Sheep hearders thousands of years ago predicting suckers like you would hate the origin of the Ten Commandments was a [bleep] lucky guess, huh, AS.

You're living proof He blinded their eyes.
Sheep hearders thousands of years ago predicting suckers like you would hate the origin of the Ten Commandments was a [bleep] lucky guess, huh, AS.

So do you believe the Earth is closer to 6,000 or 4,000,000,000 years old?
Time is of no importance, consequence or matter to its (or your) Creator.

Seems like the forces against Israel are currently aligning against her though. Im certain its just another luckey guess though, from a few thousand years ago.

Now, tell us how smart you are and how big your stick is. Empress us, please.
Time is of no importance...

Says the guy trying to predict the end of the world.
"Time not important. Only life important," said the Mondoshawan. Of course, the Mondoshawan were considered Gods by the humans. Gods... plural.

Obscure pop culture reference for the day.

Sheep herders? They were middle eastern goat humpers from Durka Durkastan bro! Today we just call them muzzies.
The fifth element!
Mila Jovovich is a smoke show!
Mila Jovovich is a smoke show!

Like a phat kid onna glazed!

Emmi rong?
To all the haters out there. Jesus loves you... He died for you, and one Corinthians 6:19-20 for the haters of scripture. Peace out. Keep seeking Jesus!! laugh
Now, tell us... how big your stick is. Empress us, please.

Hey Weirdo/Newbie,

Either keep it to yourself or pm deflave.

Capiche?
Jesus is Lord.

It does affect them when people are always preaching to them and pretending to be somehow morally superior.

If we wanted to hear it all the time, we'd certainly not be on what is supposed to be a "hunting and shooting" site.

Then when we do hear it, it's from some whose next words are "GFY".
The good is now evil, even on the Fire.

[Linked Image]
Copied below is a succinct yet glaring example of how Antelope Snyper insidiously attempts to create a deceptive version of what someone says, and then tries to criticize that someone on the basis of that deception.

Ringman makes a general statement about the basis for Christianity - what comes first.

Antelope Snyper posts a quote from a Christian person and then attempts to misuse that unrelated quote to make it appear that Ringman thinks the person is "not Christian enough". Ringman said no such thing.

This is one of AS' primary deceptive techniques.

"Manning is a Christian. At age 13, he said, "I committed my life to Christ, and that faith has been most important to me ever since." Manning said his priorities ranked in order are "...faith, family, friends, and football." Manning said he prays every night and before games and added, "I hope (and pray) I don't do too many things that displease Him before I get to Heaven myself. I believe, too, that life is much better and freer when you're committed to God in that way."
So, because he doesn't speak in tongues after each touchdown pass he's not Christian enough for you?

You're a fine example of a "christian"
Which answers the OP's question too.
Originally Posted by CCCC
Copied below is a succinct yet glaring example of how Antelope Snyper insidiously attempts to create a deceptive version of what someone says, and then tries to criticize that someone on the basis of that deception.

Ringman makes a general statement about the basis for Christianity - what comes first.

Antelope Snyper posts a quote from a Christian person and then attempts to misuse that unrelated quote to make it appear that Ringman thinks the person is "not Christian enough". Ringman said no such thing.

More "preaching" from the usual suspects who can't even get names correct when they are on the page in front of you.

You do the same things you complain about.

Next you'll go off on a long winded rant hurling insults at me, showing what a "good christian" you are too.

I like Christians. I'm one myself. Without the Christian religion, America could have never been formed.
Originally Posted by Snyper

More "preaching" from the usual suspects who can't even get names correct when they are on the page in front of you.

Next you'll go off on a long winded rant hurling insults at me, showing what a "good christian" you are too.

Ringman seems to be saying that, if anything, Presbyterianism adds to Christianity rather than the other way around.

I see. Christians should be able to get the names right.

Heavy, heavy insight.

Got to say, antagonizing a "flawed person" into hurling insults at you just so you can point out that they shouldn't be hurling insults at you if they profess to be a "flawed person" doesn't seem to be a good way to mind your own fucking business.

But that's just me.

You should have called me.

BTW, I deliver babies too.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I like Christians. I'm one myself. Without the Christian religion, America could have never been formed.

And without it, it will not stay in its historical form.
I have seen no christian on here claim to be more than a sinner. None have claimed to be perfect or superior. None have claimed to be better than the athiests or unbelievers.

Yet, all we hear is condemnation for those things.

Perhaps it is the fact unbelievers innately know there is right and wrong and that knowledge comes from a creator that makes themselves percieve christians as being better.

All we do say is that we and the universe are created by God and we will live longer because of Jesus Christ.

No other creature on this earth has that blessing, and unbelievers could have it too and simply by asking, not by being better.

If it were possible for other beings, they could imagine and contemplate it and discuss it.

They cant anymore imagine it than they can imagine going to the moon.
I think a lot of people are afraid of the unknown, and to them, being a Christian is something they don't know. I was raised up in a Christian family, one grandfather a Baptist preacher, the other a deacon in the Baptist church. I married a Christian girl, from a good Christian family, could not have found a better mate, as we have been married 46 years. I wish I could say I've always been a good Christian, but I haven't, as I have not always led a Christian life. I can very well see why some people don't want to be a Christian, as it's not easy to give up things that get in the way of having a relationship with the Lord. For a good many years, I found all sorts of reasons and excuses to live as I wanted to, not as I should. I guess you could say that I finally came to my senses and realized that I was not living the way I should, and I have hopefully realized my mistakes and begin to live as a Christian should. It has not been easy for me, and I realize that it surely is not easy for anyone else. I look at it like this.....our time here on earth is relatively short, and we are promised everlasting life after we die, and all we have to do is just accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and life as He would want us to. That's a no brainer in my opinion.

Now, I've said all that to say this.....this country was established by Christians, using the Bible and God as a foundation to build upon. Many of you will pooh-pooh that, but it's an undisputable fact. I think that being a Christian nation was what made this country so great and allowed it to prosper. Now, not everyone was a Christian, nor did everyone believe in God, but they were accepted just the same. But, even if you weren't a Christian, you didn't run those down who were, as it wasn't accepted as being the proper thing to do. The Democrats, the ACLU, the Communist Party, and the rise of socialism all gave credence to bashing of Christianity.....because they knew that anyone who is a Christian will not support their political views. Many of you who are not Christians will of course deny any connection to any of those groups, but those groups set in motion the ways that are used today to make fun of Christians and call them names. Do as you may, because it's your life, but my reward will not be here on earth, but in Heaven, and that I truly believe.
No stores were open.

When I was a kid, Arkansas had what were called "Blue Laws" that limited what could be sold on Sunday. You could buy food that was ready to eat, but not something that had to be cooked. Could not buy cleaning supplies. That is the few that I remember, but there was enough that most stores would not be open. miles
Yep. It was those groups that made it possible for gays and lezzies and procommies and promuzzies and propedophiles and transvestites, nambla, PC, etc to come out of the closet and put their wares out for sale.

Its really been a blessing for our country, just as He wrote down thousands of years ago so christians would be able to understand the unbelievable crap we see going on and as a warning to the people to turn from their sin for Him to be able to bless us again.

Unfortunately, He also predicted people would prefer to love their sin more than their country and reap the reward for it.

I have no use for organized religion.

Still, I'd take hanging out with a Christian any day of the week over an atheist liberal.

I will see your atheist liberal and raise you a vegan hipster.

Just give my all the money in the pot. I win.

Unless you are holding a bicycling lawyer.

Lets call it a tie if thats the case.

Not so fast, buddy. I'll see the atheist liberal and the vegan hipster and raise you a rabid Seahawks fan of the type we have posting on this forum.
To my Christian brethren:

The gospel itself is deeply offensive to everyone, us included obviously. No need to make it even more so by our behavior.

" The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Al Einstein
antelope_sniper,

really? more evidence for a young earth?
are you talking about only the earth being less than 10,000 years old or "all of creation" being less than 10,000 years?
or are you talking a "man being here less than 10,000 years"?

I think to understand the hate a man has to consider what the "Hater" offers in place of Christianity.

The Atheists offer a different religion... the worship of human intellect. The practice of that religion, and it IS a religion, requires a man to deny that there is a spiritual side to human nature. Since he is human, he denies that which is in himself.

If we could allow that WE have a spiritual side to our nature, but HE does not, he would probably just ignore us. But we can't honestly say that, so we are attacking HIS god and we know how folks act when their god is attacked.

You will notice that most of the "Haters" on this forum are content to just make a post or two poking fun at us and then move on. They are just garden variety Agnostics and are not threatened by us.

Their position can be summed up as;"Yeah, there probably is some sort of creative force behind all these things around me, but I don't believe we can ever ascertain its nature. It sure as hell can't be these fairy tales these Christians came up with....... poor deceived fools,"
Everything you need to know about religion.

During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's Chosen People.
2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian world.
4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store, Hooters or Twin Peaks.
I don't hate anybody based on their beliefs. It's not what you believe that defines who you are, it's what you do that does.

There are good and bad people in all types of faiths. The ones that I like are respectful, wouldn't even think about taking what is not rightfully theirs, they are helpful, caring, and generally an asset to society most of the time. The ones I don't like are the polar opposite.

For me it is not what you believe that matters, it's what you do that matters.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

During these serious and troubled times, people of all faiths should remember these four great religious truths:

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at the liquor store, Hooters or Twin Peaks.

I know it's an old joke but still funny.
Even better, since I am a Baptist preacher, instead of going myself, I send my wife to the liquor store to get our cooking wine and other alcohol we use for cooking. lol.

but, actually I don't mind going myself. we usually make 1 trip per year and buy enough for the year so we lesson the chance of being seen.
Originally Posted by rphguy
I send my wife to the liquor store to get our cooking wine and other alcohol we use for cooking.

Cooking wine....

Riiiigggghhhhhhtttttt..

wink wink

nudge nudge
There are some really weird Christians on here. Easy targets.
The Supreme Court Justice in 1892, that's 1892, said that America was a Christian nation founded on Christian principles and our laws were based on Christian principles. That is what made us the Greatest nation that has ever been on Earth.

Now, those principles are not studied in schools or colleges, nor the writings of the Founding Fathers and what they believed and said. They try to find fault with the Founding Fathers like being slave owners, etc. No Christian that I know of has ever claimed to be perfect. We are not. That is what we strive for in this life. We do acknowledge God's laws, rules, and principles, and try to apply them. America has tried to apply them over the years. Until 1963 when they took prayer and bible reading out of school. Since then we have had nothing but problems.

Proverbs 29:27King James Version (KJV)

27 An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.

John 15:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles
Originally Posted by achadwick

The gospel itself is deeply offensive to everyone, us included obviously. No need to make it even more so by our behavior.

I agree. The greatest offense the Christian Church gives to the world is the relentless 24-hour 7-day-a-week prostitution of grace on international TV by men like Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Rod Parsley and on and on and on.

And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Grace is supposed to mark our every thought word and deed.
I don't hate anybody of any particular religion. I just don't like any kind of religion is all.

Old saying: "The only difference between the Church, dope dealers, and insurance companies is that two of them are legal and one of them ain't."
This may anger some, bore others and some may agree with it, but Tolstoy wrote a story about religions a while ago. It's a bit longer than the average gun magazine article nowadays but not too long.

The Coffee-House of Surat

As an interesting aside, a student of Confucius is a central figure in the story. In The Book of Chuang Tzu, a Taoist reference, the central figure makes fun of Confucians. And the world keeps turning...

Originally Posted by cisco1

I have no use for organized religion.

Neither do I. What does have to do with being a Christian?
Originally Posted by NeBassman
I don't hate anybody based on their beliefs. It's not what you believe that defines who you are, it's what you do that does.

There are good and bad people in all types of faiths. The ones that I like are respectful, wouldn't even think about taking what is not rightfully theirs, they are helpful, caring, and generally an asset to society most of the time. The ones I don't like are the polar opposite.

For me it is not what you believe that matters, it's what you do that matters.

Best reply I have seen.
He was a cop. He doesn't have to fake persecution.
It seems that Americans are not fit for freedom anymore.
That says a complicated thing simply and well.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Never been in a Twin Peaks,assuming it's a bar/restaurant.

Sounds like the "azzhole mantra" and censureship. The same could be said of another person's spouse, kids, job, house, things, politics, etc. BUT few people except the biggest wretched azzholes would ever criticize any of those, and it takes an even more wretched special azzhole to do the same related to another person's faith.
The difference is what I'm NOT, and that's a hypocrite.
BS. You just refuse to see and acknowledge your hypocrisy. There is not a person alive or dead who has not been hypocritical about some thing and things, except Christ. I know that will get you.
I hate anyone who tries to take down our country or tries to take my guns. I don't give a dam about their religion or lack of it.
I don't hate Christians, just people that claim to be Christians that flat out aren't. It started with my own grandparents and the way they would thump their bibles and chit on my mom and my brothers and sisters. There was not a damn thing Christian about it. The dumbass walking around the station trying to get a bible study going in the station 10 minutes after watching the news and talking about jigaboo and beaner trouble makers that should all be shot. His words.
All the others that look down on you for not being saved or worse, Catholic.
Now 2-3 of my favorite people I worked with were devout and what I considered examples of what I am told Christianity is supposed to be. They were strong decisive leaders yet humble and kind and respectful to all. They could mix in with the heathens at the station yet stay who they were at all times. I never saw them sway from their beliefs. They always made it clear who the real Christians were versus the hypochristians I worked around.
The whole "Christians aren't perfect" is a cop out to me.
So, who do you all hate more?

Christians that aren't fitting your respective view of Christians or Republicans that aren't fitting your respective view of Republicans?
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
And the world keeps turning...

it's good to keep that thought in mind. it has helped me get through some rough days.

another way of looking at it is that this too shall pass.
Originally Posted by RWE
So, who do you all hate more?

Christians that aren't fitting your respective view of Christians or Republicans that aren't fitting your respective view of Republicans?

Make it harder: liberal dimocraps or christians?

Ok, now then : christians or jihadists?
Just to be a stinker, how about if we make that Crusaders or Jihadis?

Since I mentioned it, "Holy War" always struck me as one of the top oxymorons around. I'd rank it just behind "political honesty".
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by achadwick

I agree. The greatest offense the Christian Church gives to the world is the relentless 24-hour 7-day-a-week prostitution of grace on international TV by men like Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Rod Parsley and on and on and on.

And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Grace is supposed to mark our every thought word and deed.

Spot on, Robert. Those shysters and others are the worst.

Since I mentioned it, "Holy War" always struck me as one of the top oxymorons around. I'd rank it just behind "political honesty".

...or jumbo shrimp?
it's easy to be suspect of businesses that exploit the name of Christianity by placing it on their advertising on their trucks, business cards, printed ads, etc. they may be serious, or they might be taking advantage of an increased opportunity for sales.

in the marketplace, it's difficult for me to differentiate between and among the various beliefs.
antelope_sniper,

are you talking about only the earth being less than 10,000 years old or "all of creation" being less than 10,000 years?

Consider the amount of sedimentation in the ocean, the dust on the moon, the closeness of the moon to the earth based on the Roshe Limit, the amount of debris in the solar system based on the Robertson/Pointeen effect, the amount of helium in deep core rocks, the tree rings in all the petrified trees in the world, the carbon14 in all samples of coal, oil, fossil, the soft tissue in dinosaur bones, the Glacier Girl air plane, and a host of others.
Religion attracts fruit loops who need direction they cannot themselves provide. I don't hate Christians; can't live in the South without participating in the primary social institution! I do mentally back away from Jesus freaks, though, the same as I do a special needs kid who wants to give me a hug.
Originally Posted by smarquez
I don't hate Christians, just people that claim to be Christians that flat out aren't. It started with my own grandparents and the way they would thump their bibles and chit on my mom and my brothers and sisters. There was not a damn thing Christian about it. The dumbass walking around the station trying to get a bible study going in the station 10 minutes after watching the news and talking about jigaboo and beaner trouble makers that should all be shot. His words.
All the others that look down on you for not being saved or worse, Catholic.
Now 2-3 of my favorite people I worked with were devout and what I considered examples of what I am told Christianity is supposed to be. They were strong decisive leaders yet humble and kind and respectful to all. They could mix in with the heathens at the station yet stay who they were at all times. I never saw them sway from their beliefs. They always made it clear who the real Christians were versus the hypochristians I worked around.

I don't hate anybody but I have a deep dislike for those same people.

Me too.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

...or jumbo shrimp?

Careful! I really like jumbo shrimp. wink
Me too but only if they're wild caught. That farm raised Asian crap I won't even feed to my dogs. 😉
Knowing better than to step into this morass...

True Christians are great people, if they follow the real teachings of Jesus of Nazareth they necessarily have to be. Following the admonition to love your neighbor as yourself and truly forgiving others, not judging them, seeing that beam in your own eye instead of condemning others for the motes in theirs leads to the same kind of self-healing that Jungian psychology attempts to encourage.

But he warned of so many things that humans and our egos are prey to - the hypocrite who prays on the street corner, i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are. That seems to be one of the biggest image problems of so many Christians. Also he said to spread the word but if folks don't want to hear it, wipe the dust of that village off your feet as you leave.

Jesus preached a gospel of love and humility, angry attacks by someone directed at those who don't live up to that person's judgements of others are about the biggest hypocrisy of anyone who calls themselves a Christian and lend a lot of ammunition for others who would stereotype all Christians by the behavior of the sloppiest of them.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Me too but only if they're wild caught. That farm raised Asian crap I won't even feed to my dogs. 😉

Hood Canal is your friend. Can of cat food in a shrimp pot and 400 feet of line.
Ringman.... do you really think it is the business of science to establish the truth of the bible?

By doing that you are buying a ticket to Antelope Sniper's game, and it's a game you can't win.

The only way to settle the "war" between Science and Religion is to appeal to common sense which should be a component of each.

Creation, by definition, cannot be observed nor duplicated and thus is not a fit subject for science.

You'd do well to accept that and withdraw your "scientific" arguments.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Ringman.... do you really think it is the business of science to establish the truth of the bible?

By doing that you are buying a ticket to Antelope Sniper's game, and it's a game you can't win.

The only way to settle the "war" between Science and Religion is to appeal to common sense which should be a component of each.

Creation, by definition, cannot be observed nor duplicated and thus is not a fit subject for science.

Not Ringman but I have no fight in this game, no desire to settle the war. My choice to serve Jesus Christ was a personal choice I made. I need to prove nothing to those who have made other choices.

True Christians are great people, if they follow the real teachings of Jesus of Nazareth they necessarily have to be. Following the admonition to love your neighbor as yourself and truly forgiving others, not judging them, seeing that beam in your own eye instead of condemning others for the motes in theirs leads to the same kind of self-healing that Jungian psychology attempts to encourage.

But he warned of so many things that humans and our egos are prey to - the hypocrite who prays on the street corner, i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are. That seems to be one of the biggest image problems of so many Christians. Also he said to spread the word but if folks don't want to hear it, wipe the dust of that village off your feet as you leave.

Jesus preached a gospel of love and humility, angry attacks by someone directed at those who don't live up to that person's judgements of others are about the biggest hypocrisy of anyone who calls themselves a Christian and lend a lot of ammunition for others who would stereotype all Christians by the behavior of the sloppiest of them.

An excellent post.
F'in A! wink

Actually, change that part about "parading their Christianity" and such to "parading their faith" - that same kind of thing can be found in some people of most every religion, Christians certainly don't have a monopoly on that.

In 1 Peter 3:15 we find,
"sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;"

That is your opinion. He does not have the facts on his side. He has years of brain washing.

There is no "war" between science and God's Word. Evolution is a religion for which the only proof is the imagination of the evolutionists.

Neither can evolution. The difference is we have The Word of the One Who did the creating and told us about His work. The idea that it is not a fit subject for science is ludicrous. If you did some checking you'd discover the vast majority of the early scientists, in fact the ones who brought us out of the dark ages, were young earth creationists, trying to discover God's thoughts after Him.

You'd do well to get some facts instead of accepting the brainwashing of your education and withdraw from this argument. If you want to start getting a little unbrainwashing google each of the topics I mentioned in my earlier post.
The "war" I spoke of is present in each man's mind. You could say it is a competition between the credible and the incredible.

To come to a REAL belief in God requires us to be WILLING to believe the incredible.

To become a Christian requires us to believe - right from the git-go - the most incredible fact of all........ a man claimed to be God, was killed, and returned to life to live again forever.

The only way that that incredible fact can become credible is to attempt to communicate with that man.

Once communication is established, the incredible becomes credible and is the Great Fact of our lives.

A wise man once wrote that on our way to a faith that actually WORKS in our lives, we will encounter many doors. The key of willingness will open them all.

I would not disagree with that. Is that a reason to hate them all?

hate has no reason. it is from the father of lies, therefore has nothing good to temper it. hate only destroy's. it destroy's the hater more then the hated.
You'd do well to get some facts instead of accepting the brainwashing of your education and withdraw from this argument.

Since I left school during the ninth grade, those teachers sure crammed a lot of brainwashing into a really short span of time. grin grin

You and Antelope Sniper are two sides of the same coin....... the oldest coin known to man; the coin of ego and pride.

Christians are not perfect. only Christ is perfect. our salvation is through God viewing us through Christ.
the bible says our goodness is as filth rags (menstrual cloth).
only through Christs sacrifice are we cleansed.
those that hate us are only reflecting their leader's hate.

To become a Christian requires us to believe - right from the git-go - the most incredible fact of all........ a man claimed to be God, was killed, and returned to life to live again forever.

A wise man once wrote that on our way to a faith that actually WORKS in our lives, we will encounter many doors. The key of willingness will open them all.

some of the many believers of a Creator/Almighty/Great Spirit/the GoodMan, have as a question as to how a god could possibly be kilt? AS explains in his way by sayin' all the ones who have been kilt in the past were of the imagination of man. Mankind or small groups assumed a god, later that group got kilt off, and the conquerors no longer assumed the reality of that particular god.

so, it does come down to belief afterall. can a real God be kilt by humans or not? and if so, who brings him back to life?

just trifling details i know, for those whom truly believe.

(as just an aside, or side-step, does anyone else notice how many of these threads overlap each other, and bleed over into each other? not that it's a bad thing. i'm not being critical. just making an observation that i have noticed).
Originally Posted by Calvin
There are some really weird Christians on here. Easy targets.

Centre your cross hairs and blast away but you are not going to change my mind.

I live at: 14290 Marjorie Ln in Oregon City, OR and I will on my back deck enjoying the mild weather with a good book if you want to come and really use me for a target, you got the balls?

If I never post again we will all know you do have the balls. wink
F'in A! wink

Actually, change that part about "parading their Christianity" and such to "parading their faith" - that same kind of thing can be found in some people of most every religion, Christians certainly don't have a monopoly on that.

Including the religion of atheism.
I will be the one with the great cigar and a smile on my face. I will even offer you your choice from my humidor before you use me for target practice.
The reputation of 'Christians' would change if they would simply do what Jesus did...instead of policing the behavior of non-Jesus followers or arguing about what the Bible says.

"Including the religion of atheism."

Doesn't Religion require a God to worship? What Gods do atheists worship? I can't ask an atheist because I don't know any. They must keep their beliefs to themselves unlike the many religious people I do know who can't keep quiet about their beliefs.
Originally Posted by antlers
The reputation of 'Christians' would change if they would simply do what Jesus did...instead of policing the behavior of non-Jesus followers or arguing about what the Bible says.

I have absolutely no desire to police anyone but me and I really doubt you can show me one post in the 15+ years I have been a member where I argued the Bible with anyone.
'Christians'...not all, but many...are notorious for policing the behavior of those outside the body of believers while they do a very poor job of policing the behavior of those within the body of believers. They likely need to do a better job of policing themselves and lay off of everybody else. People outside the body of believers are not accountable to 'Christians' and they are not accountable to the 'Christian' standards. Jesus followers have no business judging people outside the body of believers. Love others, and stop judging outsiders. It's really pretty simple.

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church...?" - Apostle Paul

He didn't expect non-Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

He expected Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

I'd say that about nails it, very well said.
its the whole "turn the other cheek" thing. that and the big pope hats. the hats are the worst.
Originally Posted by Scott F

I have absolutely no desire to police anyone but me and I really doubt you can show me one post in the 15+ years I have been a member where I argued the Bible with anyone.

I'd be willing to bet you are in the majority there Scott. Most Christians here never argue the Bible. I do enjoy the thoughtful dialogue but this kind of stuff doesn't convince anyone and usually leads to bad feelings. Either way, I choose my friends based upon their character, not their faith or color or sexual orientation. I've got my bases covered because I'm friends with a gay, black, Christian. He is a very kind and caring man that you'd never know was gay. He's a long time family friend that was always very sweet to my mom when she had her bout with breast cancer.
There is a legend that one of the early Christian Martyrs was beheaded, and after his beheading, the body picked up the head and walked six steps with it. Some early church fathers were discussing it at a much later date,arguing as to whether it was true, or not.

One old sage remarked;"The first step is the hardest to believe. The rest are easy."

So, Friend Gus, if a man can believe that some Entity beyond our understanding could "think" the universe into existence, why would he doubt the ability of that Entity to manifest Himself in any way He sees fit?

To ask who is running the show while He is dead three days is as childish a question as "What did God stand on while creating the earth?" [somebody was gonna ask it]
'Christians'...not all, but many...are notorious for policing the behavior of those outside the body of believers while they do a very poor job of policing the behavior of those within the body of believers. They likely need to do a better job of policing themselves and lay off of everybody else. People outside the body of believers are not accountable to 'Christians' and they are not accountable to the 'Christian' standards. Jesus followers have no business judging people outside the body of believers. Love others, and stop judging outsiders. It's really pretty simple.

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church...?" - Apostle Paul

He didn't expect non-Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

He expected Jesus followers to behave like Jesus followers.

Excellent post once again!
More "preaching" from the usual suspects who can't even get names correct when they are on the page in front of you. You do the same things you complain about.

Hey, Snyper, your prediction was wrong. No insults to hurl - none at all. What you saw there was simply an example of what AS does, in his own words from his own post. Sorry about the mis-spelling of his name - or was it yours - or did I get confused about who was posting - was that the insulting part? No insult intended.
There is a legend that one of the early Christian Martyrs was beheaded, and after his beheading, the body picked up the head and walked six steps with it. Some early church fathers were discussing it at a much later date,arguing as to whether it was true, or not.

One old sage remarked;"The first step is the hardest to believe. The rest are easy."

So, Friend Gus, if a man can believe that some Entity beyond our understanding could "think" the universe into existence, why would he doubt the ability of that Entity to manifest Himself in any way He sees fit?

To ask who is running the show while He is dead three days is as childish a question as "What did God stand on while creating the earth?" [somebody was gonna ask it]

lol my dear friend. i did not hear the story quite that way, as it was told to me. but, there might have been some distractions along the way? i do not know.
anyways, the way i heard the story it didn't occur exactly that way at all, but close, very close in fact.
and i might well have missed an important detail in the passing down of the oral story. it happens, because i'm not a perfect StoryTeller.
but, back to the story, the way i heard it was a worthy individual was indeed be-headed. right there in front of an audience of high-level gov't/religious beaurocrats/ldrs.
when the be-heading occured, under the orders of the powers-that be, the head it's very self flew across the floor and either kilt or severely injured at least one, or maybe more of the chief antagonists. whether that's a TrueStory, i do not know for certain, but at least that's what i have heard.

of course i could have gotten the Story all crossed-up in my own mind, not sure for certain.
Originally Posted by RWE

Heavy, heavy insight.

Got to say, antagonizing a "flawed person" into hurling insults at you just so you can point out that they shouldn't be hurling insults at you if they profess to be a "flawed person" doesn't seem to be a good way to mind your own fucking business.

But that's just me.

Yes, one who's constantly telling others how he's so much more intelligent should be able to get details correct.
He used my name, which makes it "my business"

Neither of us mentioned you at all wink
antelope_sniper,

Consider the amount of sedimentation in the ocean, the dust on the moon, the closeness of the moon to the earth based on the Roshe Limit, the amount of debris in the solar system based on the Robertson/Pointeen effect, the amount of helium in deep core rocks, the tree rings in all the petrified trees in the world, the carbon14 in all samples of coal, oil, fossil, the soft tissue in dinosaur bones, the Glacier Girl air plane, and a host of others.

consider how long it takes light from the stars to reach earth.
billions of years, yet only created 10,000 years ago. Now, you might say that "God created everything with the light already here.
But, how does one explain nebulae that only became visible 500 years ago that are far enough that it took over 15,000 years for the light from the explosion to reach us.
* Did God destroy that star thousands of years BEFORE He created it????
Time is a creation of man and the terms, I.e. Year, month as a measurement system. That was only invented 3-4000 years ago. The term light year is meaningless in deep space or to God whom is outside of time.
An observation that will not receive the attention it merits.
Originally Posted by RWE

Heavy, heavy insight.

But that's just me.

Yes, one who's constantly telling others how he's so much more intelligent should be able to get details correct.

You just dont get it RWE. If you arent pefect, God does not exist, according to the illuminati.
'time is a creation of man' lol. I love how the thumpers have to twist time around because it is inconvenient to explain away...
i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are.

This is the worst kind of Christian, they are an embarrassment to the rest.
Originally Posted by toad
'time is a creation of man' lol

Seriously. How did time pass before man invented it?

A year, day, minute, etc is a way of measuring time (relevant to the earth's spin and elliptical cycle around the sun). A light-year is a way of measuring distance, like a parsec.

A 'day' wouldn't be the same on Mars, but an 'earth day' would be 24 hours on mars.

Man didn't invent time. We invented methods to measure it. Just like we didn't invent distances, but we sure invented ways to measure distance.

Some of you flat 6k-year old earth fellers that think the sun revolves around the earth are funny. Did your ancestors write about walking with dinosaurs?
Heck, I remember dinosaurs, my folks were old when the first dinosaurs crawled out of the sea.
Heck, I remember dinosaurs, my folks were old when the first dinosaurs crawled out of the sea.

laugh
rphguy,

I have. Eisenstein developed the concept of gravitational time dilation. Whether you believe in creation or the Big Bang you have to accept they both are "stretched" out. Seventeen times in God's Word He tells us He stretched out the heavens. With gravitational time dilation light does not take millions or billions of years to get to the earth.
Read this whole thread front to back, and you will certainly end up hating somebody....Holy fuuk.....
rphguy,

Did God destroy that star thousands of years BEFORE He created it????

I didn't answer this. I saw on TV an astronomer who developed a program to track novas back to their origin. His program was good for about 6,000,000 years; so obviously he was not a young earth creationist. He was surprised to discover the oldest he could come up with were about 7,000 years.

Also if you think about how old the evolutionists claim the universe is (4,600,000,000 years old) and we have novas observed about every 300 to 400 years, there should be millions. But there aren't! He asked astronomers around the world to report their findings and low and behold there were only hundreds of novas found. Like I posted earlier there is more evidence for a young earth than for an old earth.
Time is a creation of man and the terms, I.e. Year, month as a measurement system. That was only invented 3-4000 years ago. The term light year is meaningless in deep space or to God whom is outside of time.

I think you need to check the first chapter of Genesis.

Genesis 1:14-19
"Then God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth;' and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."
'time is a creation of man' lol. I love how the thumpers have to twist time around because it is inconvenient to explain away...

Even Eisenstein believed time had a beginning.
rphguy,

I saw on TV an astronomer...

Do you recall the network or source?
I will be the one with the great cigar and a smile on my face. I will even offer you your choice from my humidor before you use me for target practice.

A stoggies and some target practice, if I was a little closer, sure, I'd join you for that!

Even Eisenstein believed time had a beginning.

Now I've heard it all.
rphguy,

I have. Eisenstein developed the concept of gravitational time dilation. Whether you believe in creation or the Big Bang you have to accept they both are "stretched" out. Seventeen times in God's Word He tells us He stretched out the heavens. With gravitational time dilation light does not take millions or billions of years to get to the earth.

How did I miss this? 17x

Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Read this whole thread front to back, and you will certainly end up hating somebody....Holy fuuk.....

Speechless...
Deserves it's own thread.
rphguy,

The Andromeda Galaxy is 2.5 million light years away. According to you, how long does it take for light from Andromeda to reach earth?
rphguy,

I didn't answer this. I saw on TV an astronomer who developed a program to track novas back to their origin. His program was good for about 6,000,000 years; so obviously he was not a young earth creationist. He was surprised to discover the oldest he could come up with were about 7,000 years.

Also if you think about how old the evolutionists claim the universe is (4,600,000,000 years old) and we have novas observed about every 300 to 400 years, there should be millions. But there aren't! He asked astronomers around the world to report their findings and low and behold there were only hundreds of novas found. Like I posted earlier there is more evidence for a young earth than for an old earth.

most young earthers say the earth is barely over 6000 yrs old.
If a nova is 8000 light years away, that is already 2000+ years older than that. Then answer the question of when it exploded and it's even older.
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times?

Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked?

Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.)

But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue.

You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise.

You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place?

Again - you.

And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

There has only been one "perfect" person, and that was Jesus. I'm sure there are Christians who think they're perfect, just like there are non-Christians who do so as well. Now, I see you're from California, so you must know what the rest of the country thinks about California. Does that mean you're one of those extreme leftist leaning wacko Hollywood types, just because you're from the same state? I'm sure there are many good Californians, just as there are many Christians who don't think they're perfect.
Pat is laughing. Probably in a deer blind.

Jesus is God.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

There has only been one "perfect" person, and that was Jesus. I'm sure there are Christians who think they're perfect, just like there are non-Christians who do so as well. Now, I see you're from California, so you must know what the rest of the country thinks about California. Does that mean you're one of those extreme leftist leaning wacko Hollywood types, just because you're from the same state? I'm sure there are many good Californians, just as there are many Christians who don't think they're perfect.

Even an elementary understanding of Christianity reveals that being perfect and being a Christian are contradictions.

Good post. But none of us are Jesus and all of us are human. That's what Grace is so gracious.

Not Ringman but I have no fight in this game, no desire to settle the war. My choice to serve Jesus Christ was a personal choice I made. I need to prove nothing to those who have made other choices.
Well, said Scott.
If you are a believer then you already know that it is inevitable and you should also understand that as time goes it will get worse.
Jesus stated "You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one perseveres to the end will be saved."
Jesus also said " If the world hates you, remember they hated me first."

Think about it, no one hates without a reason. Usually it is because you have something they don't. A true Christian has Jesus and through him a eternal relationship with GOD. Non-believers face an eternity with the absence of GOD.
Most haters, especially the ones with a vengeance fully understand the consequences of their acts and know their attacks are not against you but are against GOD.

Be strong brothers and let the hate roll off your backs like a spring rain.

"Then God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth;' and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."

I have checked in the original Greek and Aramaic and Hebrew. The original word meant a "creative event or an epoch, saga or period of unspecified length." There is no such word in the English language. When the writing was inspired to Moses the word day "it was sunrise to sunset or moon rise to moon rise" as a measurement of time was not invented into their language.

I have checked in the original Greek and Aramaic. The original word meant a "creative event." There is no such word in the English language. When the writing was inspired to Moses the word day as a measurement of time was not invented into their language.

Wasting your time sport, that arse doesn't listen to anything outside ringy-world.
https://youtu.be/bYFk9A62Q0c
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

He used my name, which makes it "my business" Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times? Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked? Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.) But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue. You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise. You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place? Again - you. And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

OK Snyper - RWE just nailed you here - analyzed and described your proclivities. Nice job RWE.

Snyper, you know that my post using the term "Antelope Snyper" had zero to do with Christianity. It was an illumination of Antelope Sniper's devious techniques - that's all. That writing stirred a reminder of some of your own techniques and sensitivities.

So, I substituted with "Snyper" for the fun of it. Looks like a proprietary bent triggered your assumption phase, and your little rant. Snyper - it was merely in jest. No harm intended.

Do you not see the insanity in trying to quote the fairy tale in an effort to prove the fairy tale is real?
Do you not see the insanity in believing in nothing while trying to prove your belief in nothing to folks that know there isn't nothing, there's definitely something. 🙃
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

He used my name, which makes it "my business" Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times? Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked? Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.) But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue. You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise. You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place? Again - you. And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

OK Snyper - RWE just nailed you here - analyzed and described your proclivities. Nice job RWE.

Snyper, you know that my post using the term "Antelope Snyper" had zero to do with Christianity. It was an illumination of Antelope Sniper's devious techniques - that's all. That writing stirred a reminder of some of your own techniques and sensitivities.

So, I substituted with "Snyper" for the fun of it. Looks like a proprietary bent triggered your assumption phase, and your little rant. Snyper - it was merely in jest. No harm intended.

As I predicted, here you are exhibiting your superiority complex, sucking up to your butt buddies, and being an ass in general (In other words, your usual self)

Typical pretend "christian" trolling at it's finest.
(And you proved RWE's "misspelling" theory was wrong too)

So much for the superior intelligence. wink

Now, who's the dick here

It's still you two.
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times?

Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked?

Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.)

But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue.

You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise.

You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place?

Again - you.

And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

My "assumption" was correct, as he has admitted.
If you will take the time to read the title of this thread, you will see I didn't "interject myself into conflict" any more than anyone else who posted. I answered the question which was asked.
You're doing the exact thing you're accusing me of, and pretending (yet again) you're somehow superior.

All you've succeeded in doing is proving everything I said was true.

That's a gross misrepresentation of what I've said, and makes me question your reading comprehension

If you don't like my posts, there's an easy to use "Ignore" feature for your convenience. I have several on ignore myself and it works great. You should give it a try.
F'in A! wink

Including the religion of atheism.

Atheism is not a religion. It's the non-acceptance of theistic claims. You can be an atheist and subscribe to many different philosophies.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Even an elementary understanding of Christianity reveals that being perfect and being a Christian are contradictions.

Heck,

Being human and being perfect is contradictory.
© 24hourcampfire