Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

But honestly Church for me these days is the outdoors.

Me too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
I hear you. When I do go to Church I attend a straight up Bible Church. No denomination.

But honestly Church for me these days is the outdoors. Christianity is in my heart and personal beliefs that do fall within the Testaments.
word

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Tebow thread? I guess I am behind on my reading.

No big deal. Somebody just posted something about him playing baseball and it was immediately inundated with religious smack.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I don't hate Christians, but believe shyster preachers that take advantage of old folk and their money need to be drawn slowly and quartered even slower!

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Okay, now I got ya.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deerstalker
LT. i would say 90 percent of those that claim to be Christians use his name in vain.
being a Christian means living a life with Christ in you. Few do that.

I would say that 110% of Christians sin....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell

No big deal. Somebody just posted something about him playing baseball and it was immediately inundated with religious smack.

Tebo wears his religion on his sleeve, and on his pocketbook, so it's fair game.

Peyton Manning's a devout Presbyterian, but unlike Tebo, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Try posting something about Manning, and I'd be surprised if anyone commented on his religion.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Tebo wears his religion on his sleeve, and on his pocketbook, so it's fair game.

Peyton Manning's a devout Presbyterian, but unlike Tebo, he doesn't make a big deal about it. Try posting something about Manning, and I'd be surprised if anyone commented on his religion.

Don't ask, don't tell, huh?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dont get me started on Presbyterians.

I dont understand why its fair game.

Tim has never come to my house to tell me the Word.

Only the JW's do that, and they only come by when they know I am not home.

Has Tim done something to warrant such comments?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by byc
I hear you. When I do go to Church I attend a straight up Bible Church. No denomination.

But honestly Church for me these days is the outdoors. Christianity is in my heart and personal beliefs that do fall within the Testaments.
word

We tend to find life closer to God while out in the woods, especially up north. Clear thinking. No fakery going on, nothing to distract you.

Many years ago right after I'd shot my first bou, way up on top in AK, my buddy says, staring out in space, feels like you can touch God from here doesn't it. Or something to that effect. It caused me pause and a few tears, but he was correct. Much more so than in any church.

We keep thinking, we should get back to a church, but almost all of them are so fake...

There was some quote about space travel, IIRC, about reaching out and touching the hand of God. I can sure get that from being out in space. As close as we can get is nature. I'll take that every time.

I have a quote on the wall at work, I think its still there, to the effect I'd rather be out in nature thinking(talking to) of God, than in church, thinking of being out in nature.

I sure miss our old pastor Bill... he was a nature guy from the get go.... I enjoyed church very much so with him.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Don't ask, don't tell, huh?

Freedom of religion meets freedom of speech.

If you don't want your religion to be criticized in public, don't bring it up in public.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

If you don't want your religion to be criticized in public, don't bring it up in public.

That's a good answer, but what compels somebody to criticize something that doesn't effect them?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
LT. i would say 90 percent of those that claim to be Christians use his name in vain.

I disagree. The word of the Lord is like a two edged sword. It splits crap asunder. Swords cause fear. What one fears, one hates.

Me, i hate PC, libs, muzzies, commies, Clintons and rattlers and in that order.

That means you, north worthless asswhole (nwa).

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/28/16.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

That's a good answer, but what compels somebody to criticize something that doesn't effect them?

You made an assumption not in evidence. If a person makes less than optimum decisions based on untrue beliefs, it can affect more than just themselves. If in public someone is attempting to persuade them to base their future actions on untrue beliefs, anyone listening has a right to join the debate. If you want to keep you debate private, than keep it private.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Being Presbyterian does not make you born again. Born again Christians are Christians first even before they are anything else.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by byc
I don't hate anyone.

I hate somethings...i.e., cancer. mad

BTW I am a Christian. smile

Ditto. Life's too short.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I get it. If you don't know something it can't be so. That's really small thinking. None of us know as much as all of us.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

And who wears their heatheness on theirs?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You made an assumption not in evidence. If a person makes less than optimum decisions based on untrue beliefs, it can affect more than just themselves. If in public someone is attempting to persuade them to base their future actions on untrue beliefs, anyone listening has a right to join the debate. If you want to keep you debate private, than keep it private.

Because you believe or don't believe something does not make it truth. You have real trouble with that concept.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Christians can't be too perfect, ya know!

9 out of 10 left lane hoggin' evangelicals agree.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (17CalFan, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,971
Posts18,519,772
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.