Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#11469436 09/29/16
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
OK, let me start by saying Im a big Amazon fan, also let me say Ive got a hell of a cold and am crankier than usual .
I even got an Amazon Visa card...which I rarely, if ever use ( cause I get better 'points' on another card...)
So I got a bill from them today for $99.99...seems they automatically billed me for 'Prime' without my permission.
Well, after two trips to their website and four phone calls I finally got a human on the phone and told her to cancel my account.

Call me whimsical, but getting billed a C-note for something I didn't order and didn't want......

Rant off!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did u offer her a "Bribe"? That works in the Dinkathon. smile

Last edited by colorado bob; 09/29/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like a popular thing with companies these days.

If our government was worth a crap, they'd be facing criminal charges for such moves.

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Did u offer her a "Bribe"? That works in the Dinkathon. smile

I beg your pardon sir!

The Judge of the Dinkathon is an upright guy full of integrity. I even heard of some rube winning the first ever pig Dinkathon with no bribes whatsoever...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ROFLMAO !!

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They are going downhill. Seeking alternatives.....

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had same happen 6 to 8 months ago. did the same thing, cancelled...

Prime was actually good for me for finding shoes to fit my Sasquatch feet. If they had "asked" I would have re-upped without hesitating. If they had at least notified me in advance, probably would not have minded so much. But, to automatically whack my card $100 without even telling me about it... Unacceptable...

One more reason to have automatic notification turned on for ALL credit card charges...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Amazon makes buying stuff too easy and I love Prime. I bet we save the $99 fee in shipping costs within the first month. It sure beats driving into town when something we need is just a few clicks and a few days shipping away.

As to alternatives, I have a buddy that uses Jet.com and said it is pretty good, and often cheaper, alternative to Amazon. I may give it a shot if Amazon ever fails me.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ingwe,

Was the $99.99 billed to your Amazon card, or to some other card that you used for the purchase ?

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm not buying anything else from them, if you're not a prime member they get in no hurry to ship. I ordered a new stand early this month that was in stock , a week later it still hadn't shipped and I cancelled it.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ingwe
OK, let me start by saying Im a big Amazon fan, also let me say Ive got a hell of a cold and am crankier than usual .
I even got an Amazon Visa card...which I rarely, if ever use ( cause I get better 'points' on another card...)
So I got a bill from them today for $99.99...seems they automatically billed me for 'Prime' without my permission.
Well, after two trips to their website and four phone calls I finally got a human on the phone and told her to cancel my account.

Call me whimsical, but getting billed a C-note for something I didn't order and didn't want......

Rant off!

Admit it.....you only donated once to the Hilary campaign and now they keep charging you card. Less than $100 doesn't raise any red flags with the bank. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not whimsical just an old cheap bastid! grin

I don't have prime i do have a good bud that does my ordering for me.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BravoFoxtrot
...As to alternatives, I have a buddy that uses Jet.com and said it is pretty good, and often cheaper, alternative to Amazon. I may give it a shot if Amazon ever fails me.

Walmart Completes Acquisition of Jet.com, Inc.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MagMarc
I'm not buying anything else from them, if you're not a prime member they get in no hurry to ship. I ordered a new stand early this month that was in stock , a week later it still hadn't shipped and I cancelled it.

I don't have Prime and I have had zero issues with them, as recently as two weeks ago.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ed,
It's been larger stuff I've had issues with. It took a nearly a month to get a trolling motor a couple of years ago. The TV arrived slowly and now the stand. I've had enough. I ordered the stand from Midway after I cancelled it with Amazon, it shipped the next day and cost the same.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll do you one better.

I cancelled my Prime membership on 9/13. It was set to renew/end on 9/16/16. After I cancelled, Prime page said my subscription would end 9/16/16. Perfect.

9/17 said my subscription would be renewed on 9/16/17. WTF? Checked all my cards/accounts, no charge. Come 9/22 they charge me a c-note plus taxes?? WTF. Then they offered $99 refund. Apparently 6 days of having prime and not using it after asking specifically to cancel is worth $9.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
well, normally i am on your side, except when i am not. I have amazon prime, and am aware of the yearly fee. I believe it is in there when you sign up for it.
it gives me access to free shipping in some cases, has a movie segment like netflix for movies, t.v. programs, and a bunch of other things.
well worth that 9dollar a month fee.
Having said that i was fully aware of the charge, and the renewal method when i did it.
I get the same kind of renewal fee, hits my credit card, for the visa card issued/membership fee for sam's club. And there are others that do that.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have had stuff delivered next day. helps maybe having a distribution center nearby.
there is a reason there stock is over 800bucks a share.
I believe you can buy food too there.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They used to have the best prices in town. When they got everyone sucked in, they jacked them up. Now I shop there and when I find what I want, I can usually beat the price elsewhere. I don't have prime but most orders are over their $49 free shipping minimum. It used to be $25.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

I don't have Prime and I have had zero issues with them, as recently as two weeks ago.

The majority of the time those without Prime, will be sucking hind-tit.

Prime was created to generate extra income.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,176
Posts18,484,670
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.