Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rphguy,

consider how long it takes light from the stars to reach earth.

I have. Eisenstein developed the concept of gravitational time dilation. Whether you believe in creation or the Big Bang you have to accept they both are "stretched" out. Seventeen times in God's Word He tells us He stretched out the heavens. With gravitational time dilation light does not take millions or billions of years to get to the earth.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read this whole thread front to back, and you will certainly end up hating somebody....Holy fuuk.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rphguy,

Did God destroy that star thousands of years BEFORE He created it????

I didn't answer this. I saw on TV an astronomer who developed a program to track novas back to their origin. His program was good for about 6,000,000 years; so obviously he was not a young earth creationist. He was surprised to discover the oldest he could come up with were about 7,000 years.

Also if you think about how old the evolutionists claim the universe is (4,600,000,000 years old) and we have novas observed about every 300 to 400 years, there should be millions. But there aren't! He asked astronomers around the world to report their findings and low and behold there were only hundreds of novas found. Like I posted earlier there is more evidence for a young earth than for an old earth.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Time is a creation of man and the terms, I.e. Year, month as a measurement system. That was only invented 3-4000 years ago. The term light year is meaningless in deep space or to God whom is outside of time.

I think you need to check the first chapter of Genesis.

Genesis 1:14-19
"Then God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth;' and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toad
'time is a creation of man' lol. I love how the thumpers have to twist time around because it is inconvenient to explain away...

Even Eisenstein believed time had a beginning.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
rphguy,

I saw on TV an astronomer...

Do you recall the network or source?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
I will be the one with the great cigar and a smile on my face. I will even offer you your choice from my humidor before you use me for target practice.

A stoggies and some target practice, if I was a little closer, sure, I'd join you for that!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by toad
'time is a creation of man' lol. I love how the thumpers have to twist time around because it is inconvenient to explain away...

Even Eisenstein believed time had a beginning.

Now I've heard it all.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
rphguy,

I have. Eisenstein developed the concept of gravitational time dilation. Whether you believe in creation or the Big Bang you have to accept they both are "stretched" out. Seventeen times in God's Word He tells us He stretched out the heavens. With gravitational time dilation light does not take millions or billions of years to get to the earth.

How did I miss this? 17x

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Read this whole thread front to back, and you will certainly end up hating somebody....Holy fuuk.....

Speechless...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Deserves it's own thread.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
rphguy,

The Andromeda Galaxy is 2.5 million light years away. According to you, how long does it take for light from Andromeda to reach earth?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
rphguy,

I didn't answer this. I saw on TV an astronomer who developed a program to track novas back to their origin. His program was good for about 6,000,000 years; so obviously he was not a young earth creationist. He was surprised to discover the oldest he could come up with were about 7,000 years.

Also if you think about how old the evolutionists claim the universe is (4,600,000,000 years old) and we have novas observed about every 300 to 400 years, there should be millions. But there aren't! He asked astronomers around the world to report their findings and low and behold there were only hundreds of novas found. Like I posted earlier there is more evidence for a young earth than for an old earth.

most young earthers say the earth is barely over 6000 yrs old.
If a nova is 8000 light years away, that is already 2000+ years older than that. Then answer the question of when it exploded and it's even older.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

Yes, one who's constantly telling others how he's so much more intelligent should be able to get details correct.
He used my name, which makes it "my business"

Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times?

Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked?

Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.)

But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue.

You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise.

You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place?

Again - you.

And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
The whole "Christians aren't perfect" is a cop out to me.

There has only been one "perfect" person, and that was Jesus. I'm sure there are Christians who think they're perfect, just like there are non-Christians who do so as well. Now, I see you're from California, so you must know what the rest of the country thinks about California. Does that mean you're one of those extreme leftist leaning wacko Hollywood types, just because you're from the same state? I'm sure there are many good Californians, just as there are many Christians who don't think they're perfect.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pat is laughing. Probably in a deer blind.

Jesus is God.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by smarquez
The whole "Christians aren't perfect" is a cop out to me.

There has only been one "perfect" person, and that was Jesus. I'm sure there are Christians who think they're perfect, just like there are non-Christians who do so as well. Now, I see you're from California, so you must know what the rest of the country thinks about California. Does that mean you're one of those extreme leftist leaning wacko Hollywood types, just because you're from the same state? I'm sure there are many good Californians, just as there are many Christians who don't think they're perfect.

Even an elementary understanding of Christianity reveals that being perfect and being a Christian are contradictions.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Knowing better than to step into this morass...

True Christians are great people, if they follow the real teachings of Jesus of Nazareth they necessarily have to be. Following the admonition to love your neighbor as yourself and truly forgiving others, not judging them, seeing that beam in your own eye instead of condemning others for the motes in theirs leads to the same kind of self-healing that Jungian psychology attempts to encourage.

But he warned of so many things that humans and our egos are prey to - the hypocrite who prays on the street corner, i.e. folks who parade their Christianity around for all men to see how holy and righteous they are. That seems to be one of the biggest image problems of so many Christians. Also he said to spread the word but if folks don't want to hear it, wipe the dust of that village off your feet as you leave.

Jesus preached a gospel of love and humility, angry attacks by someone directed at those who don't live up to that person's judgements of others are about the biggest hypocrisy of anyone who calls themselves a Christian and lend a lot of ammunition for others who would stereotype all Christians by the behavior of the sloppiest of them.
Good post. But none of us are Jesus and all of us are human. That's what Grace is so gracious.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Ringman.... do you really think it is the business of science to establish the truth of the bible?

By doing that you are buying a ticket to Antelope Sniper's game, and it's a game you can't win.

The only way to settle the "war" between Science and Religion is to appeal to common sense which should be a component of each.

Creation, by definition, cannot be observed nor duplicated and thus is not a fit subject for science.

You'd do well to accept that and withdraw your "scientific" arguments.

Not Ringman but I have no fight in this game, no desire to settle the war. My choice to serve Jesus Christ was a personal choice I made. I need to prove nothing to those who have made other choices.
Well, said Scott.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you are a believer then you already know that it is inevitable and you should also understand that as time goes it will get worse.
Jesus stated "You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one perseveres to the end will be saved."
Jesus also said " If the world hates you, remember they hated me first."

Think about it, no one hates without a reason. Usually it is because you have something they don't. A true Christian has Jesus and through him a eternal relationship with GOD. Non-believers face an eternity with the absence of GOD.
Most haters, especially the ones with a vengeance fully understand the consequences of their acts and know their attacks are not against you but are against GOD.

Be strong brothers and let the hate roll off your backs like a spring rain.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,944
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.