Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
COCKED Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Has anyone tried a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock with their tikka T3?

Did you get more accuracy accuracy?

I have several Tikka's that I put in Boyd's stocks and the accuracy has improved dramatically ... Including that they shot more consistent point of aim... But they are heavy?

So I am thinking about trying The bell and Carlson on my deer hunting rifle since it is
lighter than the Boyd's.

Has anybody tried both?

Regards,
Dan

Last edited by COCKED; 09/30/16.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I swapped out a couple of factory Tikka T3 tupperware stocks for B&C medalists a couple of years ago.

Accuracy did not improve on either rifle after installing the Medalist stocks. IMO the grip section of the medalist stock is thick and the B&C stock made the T3s feel clubby. I sold both Medalists and bought McMillan Sako Hunter stocks which fit and feel much better to me.

Again I did not see a dramatic improvement in accuracy over the factory stock.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

If bedding is the same, accuracy should be the same. Most people that buy aftermarket stocks do so for weight savings.

Or to keep up with what others are doing.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Wasnt looking for weight savings on a T3 300 Win. Mag. Did a Mcmillan mag fill on that and glad I did. 8.5 pounds with a 30mm 4.5-14. Very nice shooting

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I registered just so I could weigh in on this and a couple of other of the active threads.

I put a Medalist on a T3 Superlite last year in a semi custom build I was doing.

Pros:
More comfortable than OE stock with better recoil pad
Corrects magnum recoil lug issue on later pre T3x models
Great traction surface and more quiet than OE tupperware
Generous thumb placement area for prone shooting
Competitively priced

Cons:
Heavy (maybe a pro depending on your application)
"Clubby" feel, especially when shooting off hand
Less attractive and fewer decent color choices than other makes

I did see an accuracy increase but I think it was due to mine suffering from the lug issue so badly. Like many have said, they are cheap and can often be found used, so they are worth trying if you are curious. Even with the drawbacks, I am glad I got mine.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by livefastjohnny; 10/01/16.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Updated for 2017.

Added Mountain Tactical bottom metal and switched to a Vortex PST 4x16x50 FFP w/illuminated MOAR. DNZ 1 Game Reaper with 20 MOA base. Also switching loads from 140gr AB/NP to 168 Berger VLD's.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Also throwing in a closeup of my bolt because I love the job Paul from PPR did on it.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've replaced factory stocks multiple times using McMillan, HS-Precision, B&C, Brown Precision and a couple of cheaper versions. Never once did accuracy improve. I don't spend money on an aftermarket stock until the rifle proves it will shoot.

If the aftermarket stock shoots better than the factory stock it is only because there was a bedding problem with the factory stock that could have been corrected.

I buy aftermarket stocks primarily for weight savings and stability in changing atmospheric conditions. Plus I just think they look better. The B&C is heavier and no more accurate. But some like a heavier rifle and shoot a heavier rifle better. But the rifles potential accuracy will be unchanged. If that is your goal then they are a decent mid grade stock.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I prefer the added weight on a T3 a B&C provides. I've got big hands so the large palm swell is nice

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,034 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,879
Posts18,479,074
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.