Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

What do you think would happen if someone went into a Muslim meat company and asked them to get some pork for them? The Muslim would win because they, like gays are the protected groups now. Christian are the targeted group.
Bingo.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I think the bakery should be allowed to do whatever it is that they think is right as long as they don't break any laws.

That being said, if Jesus owned a bakery, I'm pretty sure he would've baked them a cake. I bet he would've even given it to them....just a thought.
"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?" 1 Corinthians 5

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Didn't they own their own bodies? If so, they also own the labor their bodies produce. That being the case, they may dispose of the product of said labor in any way they wish. If they decide to only sell to members of the Mormon Church, for example, isn't that their right?

If they had never advertised and sold anything to the general public, they could have operated as a "private, member only" bakery.

But the didn't, so they couldn't.
Where's that in the Constitution?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Queers have a degree of guilt. They think to start these kind of actions against businesses ( and win) adds a bit of legitimacy to their queerness.

They have a need to be accepted by society.

Society is changing ....millenials have much less interest in cars and sex than we( meaning most of us normal guys) did at that age ( 18-34).

Some of my best queers are friends.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
It was never about the cake.

You're correct. It was their protest of the law vs. GLBT PC-ism being forced upon the society.

I'm not pleased that the GLBTs rule the social justice World right now, but the law says they can be married. What does that really change for the bakers? The dykes were living together dyking around before they asked for a cake, and are still dyking together. Bake them a cake and take their money.

Religious reasons? Christ refused to stone the harlot, where did I miss the New Testament passage stating it was taboo to make wedding cakes for dykes?

Colin Kaepernick can sit out the National Anthem, it's his right. If it cuts his career short, then so be it. If some baker does't want to make a lick-a-lotta-puss cake, so be it, but live with the consequences.

This is of course incredible government over reach and forced PC, but these people were stupid about it.

I live in a CCW State, and I SHOULD be able to walk around ANY part of my city day or night. If I try that, I better know that if I'm out around Metropolitan Blvd @ 2am, there is going to trouble. If I play Charles Bronson in Death Wish and waste some Gangstas trying to do me wrong, there will be consequences, legal ones. Better I keep out of there after dark.

What's really important here, two dykes lawfully tying the knot or ones livelihood?

They should have made the cake and banked the money. They have accomplished nothing but their own financial ruin.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Certainly can be a thorny issue but, whether you agree with it or not, the courts settled the question about discriminating based on sex, religion, race, etc.

The outcome is far less discriminating than the way things used to be. Nobody is forcing someone to 'recant' their beliefs or sending them away to indoctrination camps. For those who would prefer to refuse service or goods to certain classes of people based on their personal beliefs, there are less 'open' countries that celebrate such standards.

The real problem here is the hypocrisy of the 'offended' people--in this case, 'christians'. Notice how it is always gays that trigger their 'righteous right of refusal'? Why not any of the other sins denounced in scripture?

Gun owners flip out if an establishment puts up a 'no guns' sign. Imagine if all the businesses in your locale and online could refuse service to anyone whose beliefs/lifestyle 'offended' them?

I live in an area with a high population of Mormons. I don't agree with their beliefs and that's fine--I can still do business with them. That doesn't make me LDS by proxy... cool

Besides, I really don't want to have to fill out the long form survey detailing all my beliefs and shortcomings so some business can decide whether or not they can serve me.... laugh

So at no point has everyone ever been really free and it was unjust but now it's ok because the group being limited is one you don't like.

Got it.

Used to be that an idea touted by both sides was "I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it."

No more, now it's all about offended classes on both sides. Power no longer is found in the Constitution but in some contrived "right to not be offended".

Fact is, if I'm in business for myself I should be able to refuse service for whatever reason I like, and as a consumer I should be free to spend or not spend as I see fit.

The gov't has no business telling citizens who they have to do business with. That's for business owners and the market to decide.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by hatari

...They should have made the cake and banked the money. They have accomplished nothing but their own financial ruin.

Did you forget about the 72 virgins banked into their semi-martyr accounts?

Last edited by carbon12; 10/01/16.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I think the bakery should be allowed to do whatever it is that they think is right as long as they don't break any laws.

That being said, if Jesus owned a bakery, I'm pretty sure he would've baked them a cake. I bet he would've even given it to them....just a thought.
"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?" 1 Corinthians 5

Way out of context and you know it . Shame on you.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calvin

Is it your opinion that it's not a New Testament teaching that homosexuality constitutes sexual immorality? That's some mighty thin ice, if so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just like raising kids, pick your battles.

Bake the damn cake, take or refuse the money, be open for business tomorrow.

Fuggin marytrs.

Sean
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by calikooknic

Bake the damn cake, take or refuse the money, be open for business tomorrow.

Fuggin marytrs.
Yeah, people with principles are the worst, aren't they? smirk

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by calikooknic

Register the damn gun, refuse to carry, be allowed to live to tomorrow.

Fuggin marytrs.

I'm beginning to see your "point".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The outcome is far less discriminating than the way things used to be. Nobody is forcing someone to 'recant' their beliefs or sending them away to indoctrination camps.

Obviously you don't work for a corporation of any size nor for a govt entity. Not only do us worker bees get subjected to "meetings", "classes" and diversity "conferences", I get left wing propaganda displayed on my work pc's screensaver. It's locked so I can't change it.

BTW, those classes etc aren't voluntary unless you can do with food & shelter.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Is it your opinion that it's not a New Testament teaching that homosexuality constitutes sexual immorality? That's some mighty thin ice, if so.

Would they refuse to bake a cake for a couple who had a child out of wedlock? Or a couple who had sex outside of marriage?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
It's a good thing that Jesus *did* choose to serve people that He didn't see eye to eye with.

You mean like the money changers he whipped? Or the scribes he called "vipers"?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Would they refuse to bake a cake for a couple who had a child out of wedlock? Or a couple who had sex outside of marriage?

lol

Careful now...you are pointing out hypocrisy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC

The outcome is far less discriminating than the way things used to be. Nobody is forcing someone to 'recant' their beliefs or sending them away to indoctrination camps.

Obviously you don't work for a corporation of any size nor for a govt entity. Not only do us worker bees get subjected to "meetings", "classes" and diversity "conferences", I get left wing propaganda displayed on my work pc's screensaver. It's locked so I can't change it.

BTW, those classes etc aren't voluntary unless you can do with food & shelter.

Clearly, you and others of your ilk don't understand the difference between 'beliefs' and 'conduct'...

Btw, what happened to the $400,000+ raised for these people?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Like I said, where's the survey form for unacceptable behaviors....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by antlers
It's a good thing that Jesus *did* choose to serve people that He didn't see eye to eye with.

You mean like the money changers he whipped? Or the scribes he called "vipers"?

I mean the ones He died for...ALL of em'.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Antlers,

The thing I've always respected/liked most about you (and BC30cal and ScottF) is that you sound a lot more like Jesus than you do a Christian. smile

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.