Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by BarryC
It's a good thing that Jesus *did* choose to serve people that He didn't see eye to eye with.

You mean like the money changers he whipped? Or the scribes he called "vipers"?

I mean the ones He died for...ALL of em'.

Yes, he died for them and they still reject Him. They still attack his disciples. Where's the forgiveness on the part of the queers? Why did they not witness Christ and forgive their neighbor? Instead, they went out of their way to CRUSH the bakers over a lousy $30 cake. Oh, yeah, that real just. Just the kind of justice you'd expect from a viper!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

So at no point has everyone ever been really free and it was unjust but now it's ok because the group being limited is one you don't like.

Got it.

Used to be that an idea touted by both sides was "I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it."

No more, now it's all about offended classes on both sides. Power no longer is found in the Constitution but in some contrived "right to not be offended".

Fact is, if I'm in business for myself I should be able to refuse service for whatever reason I like, and as a consumer I should be free to spend or not spend as I see fit.

The gov't has no business telling citizens who they have to do business with. That's for business owners and the market to decide.

Have no idea whose ass you pulled that from but it needs to go back...stat!

So, to be clear, you (and others on here) believe any business should be free to discriminate against anyone they choose, anytime...correct?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Way out of context and you know it . Shame on you.
Is it your opinion that it's not a New Testament teaching that homosexuality constitutes sexual immorality? That's some mighty thin ice, if so.

Would they refuse to bake a cake for a couple who had a child out of wedlock? Or a couple who had sex outside of marriage?

lol

Careful now...you are pointing out hypocrisy.

Just don't ask them what Jesus said about getting divorced and remarried.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Just like raising kids, pick your battles.

Register the damn gun, refuse to carry, be allowed to live to tomorrow.

Fuggin marytrs.

I'm beginning to see your "point".

Enjoy Dachau. That's the type of place your ass will end up.

You can talk all the patriotic armed revolution chitt you want. I can tell you right now that any such talk is braggadocio bullschitt.

Russell Means, the AIM leader figured this out after his stunt at Wounded Knee 40 years ago. He summed up it more or less "How do you fight the government with guns when they have airplanes and tanks?"

Yeah, the Native Americans were going to pull a big F.U. on the government. Didn't work out so well, Good thing the slots are paying off.

So go do your Waco or Ruby Ridge thing. You will take your principles to the After Life right quick, partners. There are principles, and then there is obstinate stupidity.

In American, we do it through laws and at the ballot box. Our "successful armed revolution was 250 years ago, and really was our first Civil War. Had logistics not been such a problem, England could have crushed the Revolution had they really wanted to. Oh, and England was short on airpower in those days.

Our American Civil War shows the futility of armed revolution. The South was well organized, united, and was crushed. Between the hundreds of thousands war dead, the millions of lives destroyed, the combination of war and Reconstruction so damaged the South that it has taken 150 years for it to fully recover. 150 years for the South to again be prosperous and vibrant. 150 years is a long, long, time chief. Families suffered, and the fabric of the country was forever altered.

Yes if Hillary gets in and Executive orders our guns away, you can try that "they fell out of my fishing boat in the middle of Lake Superior" defense. You'll also end up in Nuevo Dachau for perjury, obstruction of justice, and 4o other gun laws she'll introduce. Go ahead, talk big. BTW, who's providing for your family while you're locked up?

Bake the damned cake. Obey the law, otherwise you are no different that BLM. If you want change, make it the first Tuesday in November.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Is it your opinion that it's not a New Testament teaching that homosexuality constitutes sexual immorality? That's some mighty thin ice, if so.

Would they refuse to bake a cake for a couple who had a child out of wedlock? Or a couple who had sex outside of marriage?
Instances of sin aren't the issue with activist homosexuals. We are all guilty of instances of sin. It's a lifestyle that celebrates sin that's the problem with these folks.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by efw

So at no point has everyone ever been really free and it was unjust but now it's ok because the group being limited is one you don't like.

Got it.

Used to be that an idea touted by both sides was "I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it."

No more, now it's all about offended classes on both sides. Power no longer is found in the Constitution but in some contrived "right to not be offended".

Fact is, if I'm in business for myself I should be able to refuse service for whatever reason I like, and as a consumer I should be free to spend or not spend as I see fit.

The gov't has no business telling citizens who they have to do business with. That's for business owners and the market to decide.

So, to be clear, you (and others on here) believe any business should be free to discriminate against anyone they choose, anytime...correct?

Not speaking for efw, but for me, yes. I have no desire to make someone else do something for me against his desire. And I don't care for people who would use the force of government to do so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by milespatton
Certainly can be a thorny issue but, whether you agree with it or not, the courts settled the question about discriminating based on sex, religion, race, etc.

And yet that is exactly what the courts did themselves. miles
The courts DID discriminate against the Christians. The Christians did NOT sexually discriminate. The sexual ORIENTATION of gays is not the same as the sex of the participants. The sex of the participants is female. They did not refuse the cake because of the sex of the women. They refused because their religion does not allow them to condone or encourage the act of sin the women were implying with the cake.

The bakery based their decision on the gender of the customers, and nothing else. They weren't required to "condone or encourage" anything. All they had to do was bake a cake, just like all the other cakes they bake.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper
Didn't they own their own bodies? If so, they also own the labor their bodies produce. That being the case, they may dispose of the product of said labor in any way they wish. If they decide to only sell to members of the Mormon Church, for example, isn't that their right?

If they had never advertised and sold anything to the general public, they could have operated as a "private, member only" bakery.

But the didn't, so they couldn't.
Where's that in the Constitution?

The part that says all are treated equally under the laws.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a good thing that Jesus *did* choose to serve people that He didn't see eye to eye with.

You mean like the money changers he whipped? Or the scribes he called "vipers"?

I mean the ones He died for...ALL of em'.

Yes, he died for them and they still reject Him. They still attack his disciples. Where's the forgiveness on the part of the queers? Why did they not witness Christ and forgive their neighbor? Instead, they went out of their way to CRUSH the bakers over a lousy $30 cake. Oh, yeah, that real just. Just the kind of justice you'd expect from a viper!

You don't seem to show the behavior you demand of others.
That's why many have a low opinion of "christians"

Many talk the talk, but fail to walk the walk.
You seem to be mostly talk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Got it.

So you are saying that a man has no right to run his business as he sees fit and refuse service to anyone he pleases to? So the government should have the right and power to tell you how to run your own place of business?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Certainly can be a thorny issue but, whether you agree with it or not, the courts settled the question about discriminating based on sex, religion, race, etc.

The courts DID discriminate against the Christians. The Christians did NOT sexually discriminate. The sexual ORIENTATION of gays is not the same as the sex of the participants. The sex of the participants is female. They did not refuse the cake because of the sex of the women. They refused because their religion does not allow them to condone or encourage the act of sin the women were implying with the cake.

The bakery based their decision on the gender of the customers, and nothing else. They weren't required to "condone or encourage" anything. All they had to do was bake a cake, just like all the other cakes they bake.
No. They had to bake a cake for a lesbian couple. That cake symbolized what their religion regarded as sin.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Unless you're in favour of unlimited government, why would you care how they choose to live their religion?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by efw

Got it.

So you are saying that a man has no right to run his business as he sees fit and refuse service to anyone he pleases to? So the government should have the right and power to tell you how to run your own place of business?

If you operate certain types of businesses, there are certain regulations that must be followed.

They knew that going in.

You cannot pick and choose customers without a valid reason that applies to everyone.

This isn't rocket science.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by efw

Got it.

If you operate certain types of businesses, there are certain regulations that must be followed.

They knew that going in.

You cannot pick and choose customers without a valid reason that applies to everyone.

This isn't rocket science.
Refusing service to a person because it violates your religious doctrine, thereby your freedom of religion IS valid. The validity of gays being a protected class, on the same plane as race and gender, is based on the scientific evidence that homosexuality is a proven genetic trait. The only problem is that there isn't any. It's a political lever. That's it. That's not rocket science either. It's either a choice, or it isnt. There is no proof that it is anything BUT a choice. That is not popular with the cool people, but that is the truth.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No. They had to bake a cake for a lesbian couple. That cake symbolized what their religion regarded as sin.

No, it's just a cake.
They can't insert their myths into their business dealings.
They are still free to practice their religion after business hours

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

No, it's just a cake.
[/quote]Then Muslim deli's/restaurants must serve bacon. You are saying that their freedom to practice their religion is limited to a private setting. That is not true. I'm kinda curious how you feel you can just proclaim something to be true, and it must be so. A wedding cake is more than just any cake. It has a specific purpose. That purpose is to celebrate a wedding. It is a symbol of that celebration. According to the religious doctrine of the bakers, the wedding of a gay couple is NOT a valid wedding. They chose to refuse to bake a symbol that celebrates that union. Religion is not a thing that you turn on and off. Though you consider it nothing more than a myth, greater minds than yours have disagreed with your opinion.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

No, it's just a cake.

Only applies if you favor unlimited government.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm all for private business to sell to whomever they like, but that is not the current law.

How folks can't understand that these folks shot themselves in the foot, and it is in no way the same, or even similar to " muslim delis/ restaurants must serve bacon" is beyond me.

It must be willful?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those folks would of been waaay ahead baking the cake and refusing payment.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Those folks would of been waaay ahead baking the cake and refusing payment.

That doesn't change their forced participation.

Declaring private business "places of public accommodation" was a wrongful government taking and a direct affront to private property as intended in our founding documents.

It's a foretaste of the evil to come.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.