Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Pretty simple, really.

Ya got loser puzzies like mojohand, mooner and snyper that roll over and show their belly soon as the goin gets rough.

Other hand, ya got real Americans.

OBTW puzzies, it's against the rules to reply.

That'll stump em.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman
Refusing service to a person because it violates your religious doctrine, thereby your freedom of religion IS valid. The validity of gays being a protected class, on the same plane as race and gender, is based on the scientific evidence that homosexuality is a proven genetic trait. The only problem is that there isn't any. It's a political lever. That's it. That's not rocket science either. It's either a choice, or it isnt. There is no proof that it is anything BUT a choice. That is not popular with the cool people, but that is the truth.

No, forcing your religious beliefs on others is not a valid reason to discriminate, and genetics have nothing to do with anything at all.

It makes no difference why they are the way they are. You cannot use that as a reason to refuse to serve them if you operate a business open to the general public.

You still have your "freedom of religion" and they have freedom from your religion.

If you feel your religion won't allow you to treat everyone as equals, then working in retail is not for you.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Pretty simple, really.

Ya got loser puzzies like mojohand, mooner and snyper that roll over and show their belly soon as the goin gets rough.

Other hand, ya got real Americans.

OBTW puzzies, it's against the rules to reply.

That'll stump em.

LOL
If you can't argue with the facts, just act like a moronic middle school dropout.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Not arguin with the facts, moron.

The facts is what they is.

It's retards like you, I'm arguin with.

Clue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Not arguin with the facts, moron.

The facts is what they is.

It's retards like you, I'm arguin with.

Clue.

You're not arguing at all.

You're rambling like a drunken imbecile, and acting childish instead of having a rational conversation.

I suspect you're so drunk you can barely see the screen, since you can't even seem to put together decent sentences.

Why not go sleep it off, and maybe your hangover won't be so bad tomorrow

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some folk are easily confused.

You're simply a retard.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

It makes no difference why they are the way they are. You cannot use that as a reason to refuse to serve them if you operate a business open to the general public.

You still have your "freedom of religion" and they have freedom from your religion.

If you feel your religion won't allow you to treat everyone as equals, then working in retail is not for you. [/quote] They do indeed have freedom from being forced to agree with any religion. They simply go someplace else. They have that freedom. There is no freedom from religion affirmed in the Constitution, beyond the premise that government cannot require any specific religion. It does matter why they are the way they are. Homosexuality has been put on par with race and gender. Biologically, that has not been proven to be so. The intent of this, and the entire lgbtq....etc movement, is derision. While the individuals do benefit, it is secondary to the people who legitimized the lifestyle. The Alinskyites are just following the plan, as set out by the man.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman

"No, it's just a cake.
They can't insert their myths into their business dealings.
They are still free to practice their religion after business hours"
Then Muslim deli's/restaurants must serve bacon. You are saying that their freedom to practice their religion is limited to a private setting. That is not true. I'm kinda curious how you feel you can just proclaim something to be true, and it must be so. A wedding cake is more than just any cake. It has a specific purpose. That purpose is to celebrate a wedding. It is a symbol of that celebration. According to the religious doctrine of the bakers, the wedding of a gay couple is NOT a valid wedding. They chose to refuse to bake a symbol that celebrates that union. Religion is not a thing that you turn on and off. Though you consider it nothing more than a myth, greater minds than yours have disagreed with your opinion.

No, they don't have to serve bacon because they have never served bacon and they don't sell bacon to anyone else.

That lame argument has been shot down many times, and it should be obvious it's nothing like refusing to sell a product you do have and sell to others.

It makes no difference if they think it's "valid".
They weren't being asked to provide an opinion.

They were asked to bake a cake, just like all the other cakes they sold to other people for various occasions.

Though you consider it nothing more than a myth, greater minds than yours have disagreed with your opinion

And yet they can't prove it's anything other than a myth.
Anyone is free to disagree with my opinion.
By the same token, I can disagree with theirs.

I'm kinda curious how you feel you can just proclaim something to be true, and it must be so.

Like people do with their religion?

Last edited by Snyper; 10/01/16.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You still claim it is a cake like any other cake. That is incorrect. It is a wedding cake. I would not buy a wedding cake for a birthday. Now this is the difficult part for you, since you give no credibility to religion in general, and Christianity in particular. Their religion does not stop at their front door. It is a constant, in their lives. Selling a wedding cake, they expect their work to be used to celebrate a wedding as defined by their religion. It matters to them, and to be true to their religion, they cannot aid in a gay wedding celbration. THAT is the free exercise of their religion. You are suggesting, actually STATING, that they may not FREELY exercise their religion, but restrict it to the point where it is not evident to others. The lesbians are completely free to simply walk to a store that sells GAY wedding cakes. The bakery in question does not do that. To them, there is no such THING as a gay wedding. They do not sell gay wedding cakes, yet are forced to do so, or close. That is not freedom of religion. All wedding cakes are not created equal. They are to you, but that is irrelevant. They have a specific, legitimate reason to make a distinction. That reason is the free exercise of their religion. Where exactly is freedom FROM religion stated? In the mind of liberals, yes, but nowhere else. This is yet another extrapolation of the bill of rights, that is at odds with the document itself. You have the right to freely exercise your religion, but only in private. That caveat does not exist.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by MojoHand

So, to be clear, you (and others on here) believe any business should be free to discriminate against anyone they choose, anytime...correct?

Not speaking for efw, but for me, yes. I have no desire to make someone else do something for me against his desire. And I don't care for people who would use the force of government to do so.

Exactly.

It's called freedom.

Bold concept I know.

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Snyper

No, it's just a cake.
They can't insert their myths into their business dealings.
They are still free to practice their religion after business hours

Only applies if you favor unlimited government.

Exactly; and that really is the bottom line here.

If a business doesn't want me there because of the AR15 sticker on my car or the gold cross my daughter wears around her neck they should be free to say so. I won't be offended, but the business won't do so well either.

That's called FREE markets.

Me personally; I'd have baked the cake and had no problem with it. What two people do in their bedroom is of no concern to me if they want to give me their money. But anyone should have the right to practice their "principles" in any way they choose.

Again, the market will decide if they're right or not... NOT the govt.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hatari

Enjoy Dachau. That's the type of place your ass will end up.

You can talk all the patriotic armed revolution chitt you want. I can tell you right now that any such talk is braggadocio bullschitt.

Russell Means, the AIM leader figured this out after his stunt at Wounded Knee 40 years ago. He summed up it more or less "How do you fight the government with guns when they have airplanes and tanks?"

Yeah, the Native Americans were going to pull a big F.U. on the government. Didn't work out so well, Good thing the slots are paying off.

So go do your Waco or Ruby Ridge thing. You will take your principles to the After Life right quick, partners. There are principles, and then there is obstinate stupidity.

In American, we do it through laws and at the ballot box. Our "successful armed revolution was 250 years ago, and really was our first Civil War. Had logistics not been such a problem, England could have crushed the Revolution had they really wanted to. Oh, and England was short on airpower in those days.

Our American Civil War shows the futility of armed revolution. The South was well organized, united, and was crushed. Between the hundreds of thousands war dead, the millions of lives destroyed, the combination of war and Reconstruction so damaged the South that it has taken 150 years for it to fully recover. 150 years for the South to again be prosperous and vibrant. 150 years is a long, long, time chief. Families suffered, and the fabric of the country was forever altered.

Yes if Hillary gets in and Executive orders our guns away, you can try that "they fell out of my fishing boat in the middle of Lake Superior" defense. You'll also end up in Nuevo Dachau for perjury, obstruction of justice, and 4o other gun laws she'll introduce. Go ahead, talk big. BTW, who's providing for your family while you're locked up?

Bake the damned cake. Obey the law, otherwise you are no different that BLM. If you want change, make it the first Tuesday in November.

Sounds a little kghunty.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's interesting that those on here who reject an all-powerful God, seen to have no problem submitting to an all-powerful government.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm all for private business to sell to whomever they like, but that is not the current law.

How folks can't understand that these folks shot themselves in the foot, and it is in no way the same, or even similar to " muslim delis/ restaurants must serve bacon" is beyond me.

It must be willful?

I understand exactly what you're saying here and don't disagree but I think you're missing the point people are trying to make.

As we bring governmental power to bear upon our societal desire to make room for minorities and giv them equal standing, we're stepping upon the toes of others.

I said it earlier and I'll repeat it... there is NO Constitutional right NOT to be offended. Our cultural hypersensitivity will be the end of us. EVERYONE need to quit whining!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
E-eff-dubayou is correct.

Our courts listen to things they shouldn't be listening too.

i.e. We suck each other off and they won't bake me a cake. Or, I spilled my coffee on my kgunt and I want a new kghunt.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by hatari

Enjoy Dachau. That's the type of place your ass will end up.

You can talk all the patriotic armed revolution chitt you want. I can tell you right now that any such talk is braggadocio bullschitt.

Russell Means, the AIM leader figured this out after his stunt at Wounded Knee 40 years ago. He summed up it more or less "How do you fight the government with guns when they have airplanes and tanks?"

Yeah, the Native Americans were going to pull a big F.U. on the government. Didn't work out so well, Good thing the slots are paying off.

So go do your Waco or Ruby Ridge thing. You will take your principles to the After Life right quick, partners. There are principles, and then there is obstinate stupidity.

In American, we do it through laws and at the ballot box. Our "successful armed revolution was 250 years ago, and really was our first Civil War. Had logistics not been such a problem, England could have crushed the Revolution had they really wanted to. Oh, and England was short on airpower in those days.

Our American Civil War shows the futility of armed revolution. The South was well organized, united, and was crushed. Between the hundreds of thousands war dead, the millions of lives destroyed, the combination of war and Reconstruction so damaged the South that it has taken 150 years for it to fully recover. 150 years for the South to again be prosperous and vibrant. 150 years is a long, long, time chief. Families suffered, and the fabric of the country was forever altered.

Yes if Hillary gets in and Executive orders our guns away, you can try that "they fell out of my fishing boat in the middle of Lake Superior" defense. You'll also end up in Nuevo Dachau for perjury, obstruction of justice, and 4o other gun laws she'll introduce. Go ahead, talk big. BTW, who's providing for your family while you're locked up?

Bake the damned cake. Obey the law, otherwise you are no different that BLM. If you want change, make it the first Tuesday in November.

Sounds a little kghunty.

Travis

We live in a world that's gone a little kghunty.... unfortunately.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Very sickening times we live in Hatari, I go out of my way to avoid interacting with freaks, I have too.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's interesting that those on here who reject an all-powerful God, seen to have no problem submitting to an all-powerful government.

That's because they know that the government will uphold their anti-God views on things. Look, this should have been a closed and shut case from the very beginning. If the bakery didn't want to bake you a cake, then just go somewhere else....somewhere that you are wanted. Personally, I wouldn't want to do business at a place I wasn't wanted. A number of years ago, a Black friend of ours opened up a restaurant that became a very popular eatery. It happened to be right on the edge of the Black part of town. Most of their business was from Whites, and the Blacks objected to us coming into their "part of town". Eventually, the local Blacks put so much pressure on the lady, that she closed up. Now, we Whites were discriminated against, no doubt about it, but we went on about our way and found other places to eat.......just as the lezzies should have found someone else to bake their damn cake.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

one is as bad as the other.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm all for private business to sell to whomever they like, but that is not the current law.

How folks can't understand that these folks shot themselves in the foot, and it is in no way the same, or even similar to " muslim delis/ restaurants must serve bacon" is beyond me.

It must be willful?

I understand exactly what you're saying here and don't disagree but I think you're missing the point people are trying to make.

As we bring governmental power to bear upon our societal desire to make room for minorities and giv them equal standing, we're stepping upon the toes of others.

I said it earlier and I'll repeat it... there is NO Constitutional right NOT to be offended. Our cultural hypersensitivity will be the end of us. EVERYONE need to quit whining!

That was the point I was getting at in the first sentence of my post.

Private business should be able to serve or refuse service to anyone they choose. I don't agree with the courts granting special status to certain members of society.

However, it should be more than obvious that that is not currently the law. I am all for breaking the law, just don't cry when you get busted.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.