Hop To
Page 1,621 of 1,842 1 2 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I ain't never not got out there in a Chevy

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Saturday is our first day of muzzle loader season. I got out the .54 last night and ran a patch down it to make sure it was clean.
Gun season will be in the 11th.The combo gun is ready.
Now all I gotta do is see a deer.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good Luck Stan!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would be interesting to see some pictures of these bad spots in the road.
We have something similar(maybe) to traverse to our present hunting location.even some people with ATVs and UTVs turn around at the sight of them. grin
The spot look bad,deep ruts,etc,but are hard bottom,and you can idle through easy,especially if its cold enough to freeze ,makes the squishy loonpoop on top firm up enough that you wont even spin.
What about blackberries?
You guys have any there?
We hunt several year old clearcuts,and they are everywhere,and really nasty.last year there was a huge crop,but this year they were tiny,smaller the peas,but the thorns were still there.
Those things are worse than roses,by far.my truck still has scratches from end to end from them bastages,but it helps keep traffic down also.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm headed antelope hunting tomorrow, I'll try to get some pics up when I get back. always a great time Dave *hint* *hint*

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good luck, Ryan.

Stan in SC

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't wait for the reports, Ryan.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am just going to rant a little because, well, this is off the beaten path and won't be seen by anyone at work.

I am an RN at Abbott Northwetern in Mpls. Allina nurses have been on strike for almost 4 weeks. I resigned from the union a while ago (before the strike crap) due to how they treated some co-workers that I respect and am friends with.

1. If you make between 40-50 bucks an hour, you are not an underpaid slave, and shouldn't be asking for handouts if you walk off your job and willingly stop having income.

2. If you want to dance around in streets and block traffic during rush hour, you are not going to be looked upon as professionals, and the people back at your hospital working are going to thin you are immature idiots and BLM wannabes.

3. If you really cared about the patients, you would be inside the hospital taking care of them, not outside hoping like ghouls that the replacement nurses screw up and someone gets hurt so your bargaining position is strengthened.

4. EVERYONE is replacable.

5. I would trade a few of the replacements for a few of my regular co-workers in a heartbeat. Half a heartbeat.

6. Your employer that pays you double-time on your birthday if you work, and triple time for Christmas and New Year's doesn't actually hate you.

7. The "crappy" core insurance plans have saved me over 10k dollars in premiums since I left the special snowflake nurse plans that are only good if you are a high-use health care consumer.

That is all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time for the union boys to start rattling their bats here. But then again the silence is deafening.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Time for the union boys to start rattling their bats here. But then again the silence is deafening.

Well, considering that they are going to vote Monday on an offer that is essentially the same as the offer they didn't even vote on before going on strike, I am pretty glad I didn't piss away a month of pay to go from point A to point A.....

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good luck Ryan with the antelope and Stan with the deer. Look forward to seeing the results of your hunts soon!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie
I am pretty glad I didn't piss away a month of pay to go from point A to point A.....

You have just summed up most strikes.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I can't wait for pics as well. I never really had a desire to hunt antelope until I went out west in 2015 to Yellowstone.

Now I want to. grin

I want to draw a freakin SD deer tag first though. lol. I have as much luck with that as I have in the powerball.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In my opinion, antelope meat is some of the best wild game as long as the animals have not been run and meat gets cooled down quickly after the kill. Stalk them, shoot them when they stand up from their beds and then clean and get to coolers quickly.

On the union issue, a few years ago the Crystal Sugar union workers in the Red River Valley went on strike and I think it took the individual workers five years to recover from the losses of being out of work that long after the new contract was signed. Health care costs were the primary issue there too. Time for the unions to realize the world has changed on employers costs of providing health care coverage for employees.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie

Well, considering that they are going to vote Monday on an offer that is essentially the same as the offer they didn't even vote on before going on strike, I am pretty glad I didn't piss away a month of pay to go from point A to point A.....
You better be careful Goalie. All the union buttkissers are gonna get on here and tell how you have inferior skills because you're not part of a union.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm totally backing you on your decision to part with the union.

Bravo.

Much respect.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I also back your parting ways with the union. When I worked for a construction company , eighty per cent of our problems were with the unions.
The auto worker's union is what makes the cost of a new vehicle almost prohibitive today.

Stan in SC

P>S>
I saw nothing this morning but we are going again tomorrow afternoon.I did get serenaded by a nearby pack of coyotes which sounded as if they were chasing something.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went for a spotting run this morning and got attacked by a flock of turkeys. The damned things were in the middle of the road and had absolutely not intention of moving. If I hadn't stopped, we'd have had Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter turkey plus a few more.

They were all young of the year and a few hens. The damned things came up to the van and pecked at the tires!

I was going to start bow hunting tomorrow, but it's just too warm for me. If I got one, I'd have to immediately cut it up to keep the flies away from it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It sounds like a real mess. Is it even possible to do this right, or is it just low ground, and that's all there is to it, and it can't be made better? Jeez, I'd be dumping everything in there I could possibly get my hands of if it would help.

It's repairable. I just need to take a day off and haul some tools out there. I feel bad for not doing it yet but my candle is burning on both ends.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice of you to pitch in White Bear.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,621 of 1,842 1 2 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.