Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Did you have milk and cookies and take a nap afterward?

Lol I was waiting for him to go into his muledeer is a liar routine when he runs out stuff to say.. Its his fall back line...

Mule Deer did lie. He has never bothered to deny it because to do so would be just another easily provable lie.

But I'm not the one that brought it up.

No you are the only one that thought that... hey try not shoot a 280 round in your 338 this yr...

No, not the only one and the proof was plain to anyone with open eyes and mind.

I do intend to check my ammo a little more closely this year. In spite of the mistake I did get the bull a few moments later, but at 411 yards rather than 100-ish. Which has nothing to do with the fact that Mule Deer lied.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Epic.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mule Deer did lie. He has never bothered to deny it becauseto do so would be just another easily provable lie.

I looked up "lie" on Merriam Webster. One definition is "to recline in a supine position."

So he was probably just taking a nap. May have even had milk and cookies beforehand.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What was this thread about again??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Merriam Webster.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mule Deer did lie. He has never bothered to deny it becauseto do so would be just another easily provable lie.

I looked up "lie" on Merriam Webster. One definition is "to recline in a supine position."

So he was probably just taking a nap. May have even had milk and cookies beforehand.

Perhaps he was doing that also, but this definition is pretty much matches the one that I was using to describe Mule Deer's lying behavior:

"to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive"

Do you really want to go there again?

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
What was this thread about again??

It was a response to another forum member's specific question in another thread about 165g SST's performance in water jugs.

Some immature people just couldn't resist taking shots at me for posting the pictures of the results. No pun intended.

Guess that makes them feel like big boys in their minds.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I never "went there" the first time, and if you say I did, you lied.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Old West toy...

Kirkpatrick 'Santa Fe' holster and Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum.

Dad had the holster made before he passed away unexpectedly a couple of years ago. He had a Ruger Vaquero which is now with my older brother. The Blackhawk fits perfectly.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, you admit you lied.

And nice guns, by the way.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Lol I was waiting for him to go into his muledeer is a liar routine when he runs out stuff to say.. Its his fall back line...

Mule Deer did lie. He has never bothered to deny it because to do so would be just another easily provable lie.

You're a fugging goon......

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want to hear about all those coyotes you've killed

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You're just jealous.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by 79S

You apparently don't believe Mule Deer lied, in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I want to hear about all those coyotes you've killed

At last count, 77 on the two ranches just north of my house. Pretty much quit hunting them in 2007 when one of the ranches was sold and turned into a development, also because my wife needed a lot of care at that time as she recovered from leukemia and multiple joint replacements (hip, knee, both shoulders) necessitated by the drugs that saved her life.

Not that you're really interested.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

Perhaps he was doing that also, but this definition is pretty much matches the one that I was using to describe Mule Deer's lying behavior:
"to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive"

I never "went there" the first time, and if you say I did, you lied.

79S brought it up this time. I responded to him, you responded to my response. So in our responses to each other, you brought it up first.

There have been two long thread about this some time ago (one of them years ago) in which the proof of Mule Deer's lie was presented. A lot of people didn't want to hear it and attacked me instead of honestly reviewing the evidence. In both cases they were started when Mule Deer jumped on my case about something. If someone wants to take me to task for something, fine, let's have a civil and honest discussion. Lie about me and if possible I'll expose the lies and the liar for what they are. In the case of Mule Deer, the timestamps on the posts were the proof he lied.

When I ask if you 'really want to go there again' I was asking if you really wanted to open up that whole discussion again, not suggesting you started those threads. Frankly, I don't remember or care if you participated in them or not.

Personally, I'd just as soon not have that whole discussion again. People know how I feel and they believe the proof or not. Another discussion on it isn't going to change any minds.

Hard to believe we got here when my original post was in direct response to another member's questions about the 165g SST and my water jug tests.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/05/16.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Like it or not, I'm not the one that lied.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
79S brought it up this time. I responded to him, you responded to my response. So in our responses to each other, you brought it up first.

Then what'd he say? Then what'd you say?

LOL, you can't make this stuff up!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Then what'd he say? Then what'd you say?

LOL, you can't make this stuff up!

You can read it for yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This last weekend I was up in Wyoming and shot a doe antelope with my .243 and a 95g SST, something I will not be doing again. The SST made a small hole going in with no exit. When the hide was removed the far side of the rib cage was a mass of blood-shot meat on the outside, about 7 inches wide. The inside of the rib cage showed dozens of tiny wounds where it had been sprayed by lead and/or jacket material.

In short, except for the overall size of the spray, which was smaller due to my test setup where the paper witness target was further away, the results were indistinguishable from the test results.

Actual results for the .308W/130g TTSX combo Daughter #1 used were also indistinguishable from the water jug results obtained with my .257 Roberts/100g TTSX, except there was no evidence of a petal breaking off. No surprise there as her doe was over 360 lasered yards away.

The wound from the .30-06/150g BT a future son-in-law used exhibited the same spray as the water jug test as well, with an exit wound.

The only bullet recovered during the hunt was a 110g AB from my .257 Roberts, from a doe I think I lasered at 179 yards. (Over 175 and under 190, in any case.) The AB was protruding from the flesh on the far side after breaking both front legs. Still had a substantial shank and decent mushroom (i.e. good weight retention). There were no water jug tests for the .257R/110gAB combo but I suspect it would have fared pretty well.

My son-in-law used a .30-06 with a Winchester 'Deer Season XP' 150g bullet. The exit wound on the far side rib cage was larger than a softball. Also lots of evidence of massive lead and jacket spray. Since this is a thin-skinned bullet like the SST, I am not at all surprised by the results.

In short, for those that declared the water jug tests invalid because they were not flesh and blood, there was a tremendous amount of similarity in the results. No big surprise there, as I've seen the similarities many times before.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

352 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,753
Posts18,495,386
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.