Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
I believe religion is a personal thing and nothing i hate worst is for someone telling me i'm going to hell because i don't believe or think like they do.

How often does this happen?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by Gitsum
Notice the absence of imperical data being forwarded?

What scientific data could we give you that you would believe?

There is irrefutable evidence that the earth is billions of years old and that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, and yet folks still believe the earth is 6 thousand years old and that dinosaurs lived alongside man.

It is impossible to prove god dose not exist, but even if it was possible, you would not believe the evidence you're given.

Your faith blinds you to all reason and logic. You believe only what you want to believe.

Do some research and discover the earth's age, believed by evolutionists, is based on a meteorite called something like allende (pronounced au-yen-day. If you check on radiometric dating you will discover it is piles on top of piles of assumptions.

f it is irrefutable why are there Ph.D scientists who disagree with you and will debate any scientists who disagree them?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
It seems like...a lot of the time...we consistently look for evidence to support what we already believe, and we consistently filter out anything to the contrary.

Sort of a "rescuing devise."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
It seems like...a lot of the time...we consistently look for evidence to support what we already believe, and we consistently filter out anything to the contrary.

I could explain bibically how the earth could be billions of years old and how man could be older than 6000 years and the Genesis account still be true,but an atheist won't even consider it because it doesn't fit his belief.

No you can't. You can distort and compromise the Scripture to say anything. But you can't Biblically explain an old earth with It.

Everyday Hunter
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by efw
Don't forget if there's nothing worth dying for then ya got no reason to live either.

That's got to be the most overrated song ever.

it says "Imagine".

Thanks but I've not needed to imagine having nothing for which to live. I've been there for real, and it isn't pretty.

RH Clark said it better than I could the ultimate irony of John Lennon's imagined utopia; he had a chance to make it somewhat real & chose the life of a rich drug addelled rock star instead.

IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by Gitsum
Notice the absence of imperical data being forwarded?

What scientific data could we give you that you would believe?

There is irrefutable evidence that the earth is billions of years old and that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, and yet folks still believe the earth is 6 thousand years old and that dinosaurs lived alongside man.

It is impossible to prove god dose not exist, but even if it was possible, you would not believe the evidence you're given.

Your faith blinds you to all reason and logic. You believe only what you want to believe.

Before you use the bible history to further your swill you should read Genesis, for it clearly states that HUMANS EXISTED BEFORE THE CREATION OF ADAM AND EVE.
Read genesis, you won't turn into a horrible Christian but it will help you not look like a fool next time you decide to try belittle someone's faith.............this is a gift from me to you.

By the way, like I said we will hear plenty of comments but no proof God does not exist..........science proves God exists because thousands of godless scientist can't debunk it, and beleive this they have tried.

Atheist you should stop now because you can not win this argument no matter how hard you try.

GOD BLESS YOU LOL

Last edited by Gitsum; 10/06/16.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

This is the wisest thing anyone in this thread has said. It's true - about everyone, including myself. Nobody really listens to what people with different view points have to say, they just look for things they agree with and nod their heads and take note of it if it sounds like it might be a useful thing to repeat in the future. It is rare for any of us to truly take time to think about anyone else's perspective or the reality that they see. This is why it is almost pointless to post in these forums, or most anywhere. If you say something others disagree with, they will find ways to ignore or deflect or belittle what you have to say with little regard to any truth that might be there if it offends their preconceptions. It's also the reason the world is so full of hate - we hate it when someone disagrees with our preconceptions of the world. It's like they are challenging our reality. And in a way, they are.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Those of you who vainly attempt to offer "proof" there is no God by saying that there are human foot prints alongside dinosaur prints from thousands of years ago need to read GENESIS. Genesis clearly states that humans were in existence when he created Adam and Eve. If you had read Genesis before you made your argument you would have known how wrong your argument is.

Note to atheist.........do not try to offer proof there is no God by using the bible to prove it. Especially if you have not read it............it makes you look and sound small.

GOD BLESS YOU.....................HATE THAT DON't YOU? What you don't get is that that statement is the most charished gift a Christian can request for you. The Christian that says that to you is asking the best for you. Even if you don't beleive in God you should recognize that the person who says it to you is giving their best gift to you. Yet you bristle with anger.........see how nasty you appear to us?

READ GENESIS

Last edited by Gitsum; 10/05/16.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Do you mean dinosaurs?

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It's fairly amusing that most christians are the first to run down any other religion as false or a cult, but refer to their beliefs as a fairytale, and the butt hurt rolls forth.

And what gives you pleasure in attacking my belief? Does it make you feel good to attack someone because he believes in something you don't? That doesn't seem pathologicaly sadistic to you................and you wonder why people don't like atheists.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MikeReilly

This is the wisest thing anyone in this thread has said. It's true - about everyone, including myself. Nobody really listens to what people with different view points have to say, they just look for things they agree with and nod their heads and take note of it if it sounds like it might be a useful thing to repeat in the future. It is rare for any of us to truly take time to think about anyone else's perspective or the reality that they see. This is why it is almost pointless to post in these forums, or most anywhere. If you say something others disagree with, they will find ways to ignore or deflect or belittle what you have to say with little regard to any truth that might be there if it offends their preconceptions. It's also the reason the world is so full of hate - we hate it when someone disagrees with our preconceptions of the world. It's like they are challenging our reality. And in a way, they are.

Since you used the word "rare" you did get that right. The Bible tells us everyone's ways are right in their own eyes. But there are those rare individuals. When I was twenty-five years old someone showed me something that contradicted what I was taught in school. The problem was the article had the scientific facts that refuted my evolutionary position. I was mentally crushed.

After consulting a psychiatrists I decided there must be Infinite Intelligent Energy. I didn't call it "God", I just realized I'm here and the evolution I was taught was refuted by an evolutionist. It took a few years to convert to being a creationist and a couple more years to become a Bible creationist.

Once I became a Bible creationists I read the Bible and accepted it for the Word of God. There was no room for compromise. Quite quickly I got tired of so many "Christians" compromising with the Word of God and still rejecting so much of it.

Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Do you mean dinosaurs?

No I meant dinosaur

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
So humans were in existence when god created Adam and Eve?

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I am out, I have not seen any evidence I should rethink my belief in God as usual.
I would like to say that I don't fault anyone for their beliefs or non beliefs and really don't care what you do or do not beleive. Just know this, when you attack my beliefs you attack me and when you attack me I will defend myself without limits.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.................some of you need help more than others as this discussion has proven.
I hope that one day the atheist can come to peace with there confusion! LMAO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the things I love about these religious threads is watching the Christians contradict each other and themselves. Just one of the reasons I find modern religion fascinating....

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of anything he was never reasoned into." ~ attrib. Jonathan Swift

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gitsum...

Welcome back, TAK!!!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G

READ GENESIS WORD FOR WORD AND GET BACK TO ME.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G

In Genesis one of the many verses that discusses others who resided on earth before and after Adam and Eve mentions that Caine, a son of Adam and Eve "went to the land of NOD to search for a wife". That is just one of many mentions of others being on earth before, during and after Adam and Eve.

READ GENESIS, MANY OF YOUR MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE BIBLE WILL BE CORRECTED FOR YOU. It isn't your fault, most misconceptions taught to people are teachings of opinion NOT teachings of the true writings from the bible.

Last edited by Gitsum; 10/06/16.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
ATHEISTS STAY TUNED!! later today I am going to change your minds about Christians and their faith and change your lives! While you wait for me to get back to the forum I will need for you to decide if you really are as OPEN MINDED AS YOU THINK YOUR SCIENTIFIC SELVES ARE. If you truly are, what I write will change your minds and maybe your lives forever. I am NOT going to preach to you I am going to give you something to understand why Christians beleive in God. Then maybe you will be a little more tolerant of our so called "fairy tail" believing selves.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've found believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny is a bunch more fun.

Still on the ledge about the Great Pumpkin.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,547
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.