Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Any Military guys care to give their opinion ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Depends on where we need to fight them.

Their equipment is poorly maintained, and a prolonged war would bankrupt them. Still, they technology they possess is not total crap and their soldiers will fight a sophisticated battle. They ain't the Taliban or Saddam's Republican guard.

A full blown war with Nato? Anybody up for 300,000 dead to crush them?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I didn't know that 'the Russians' were our 'Enemy'. I have no beef with Russia.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Ya, even our own government is communist, or very close to it.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Read ABSOLUTE WAR......and come back and tell us what you think about Russian resolve!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We spent the Cold War fearing the Red Machine that we later learned was outdated and under developed. Not much has changed, Obama is not a sign of significant strength, but if you spent a couple days with our armed forces, you would realize the real strength is in the military and not the executive branch.

Last edited by HitnRun; 10/07/16.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see Home Depot and Lowe's each open about 600 stores in Russia and help those people get out of their communist-era apartment buildings and into single-family homes in subdivisions modeled after American suburban neighborhoods. IOW, I'd like to export one of our models of living to their country and help them become more like America in some aspects.

Peace, and peaceful trade, is infinitely preferable to war.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd like to see Home Depot and Lowe's each open about 600 stores in Russia and help those people get out of their communist-era apartment buildings and into single-family homes in subdivisions modeled after American suburban neighborhoods. IOW, I'd like to export one of our models of living to their country and help them become more like America in some aspects.

Exactly my thoughts. Both countries would greatly benefit by friendship rather than war or the constant threat of war.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W

The Russians are Oru Governments enemy , not Ours.....
Apparently Putin showing Balls and leadership makes Our Government Nervous and there for the Enemy..........

When was the last time Terrorist blew up something in Russia with out severe retaliation?

Plus watch the We Love Russia Videos on Youtube. How could not be friendly to those people.......
They live a harder life by accident then we every dream of>>>>

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't know.

In my opinion we should be allying with Russia against our common enemy.

Oh, a lot of folks like to paint Russia as the red enemy. But if so, why are we in bed with China?? Not for common ideals, that's for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look to history.

If we had the troops and armament in place in sufficient quantity and could attack across a cooperative Poland or Ukraine we'd kick their butts for a little while - just like Napoleon and Hitler - but how do you subdue a country as big as Russia? They have distance and winter on their side, same as always, as well as a tough, hardy populace who is used to hardship.

Consider logistics - our supply lines would depend on friendly support through Europe or the Middle East to attack them from the West and the Europeans might not be so friendly to help us in a war we started. Our southern flank would be wide open to North Korea and China trying to attack them across Siberia - and what idiot would try to launch a ground war from Siberia to get to Moscow?

We have some nice toys right now but how fast can we replace them? Russian stuff might not be as good as ours but it's good enough and cheap enough to replace quickly. Every time this is brought up I have to mention the fact that the guys with Mosin-Nagants beat the guys with jet fighters.

Not to mention the fact that we can't afford a war effort that big without total mobilization and how many of the folks here would support that?

And finally, nowadays they have nukes.

We might win the war - very doubtful, but say we did - we'd have shot our final load and be as spent as the English Empire. Plus our biggest cities and a lot of smaller ones would be destroyed and a large part of our populace dead. Our economy would look about like Germany's and Japan's in late 1945.

I believe the term for that is pyrrhic victory.

OR, they might win and our grandchildren will grow up learning Russian. Wars rarely go as well as those who start them plan.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd bet pretty good money Putin has strengthened their military, rather than allow it to stagnate and weaken as Zero did here. Pretty sure he didn't purge his officer corps of capable, trained officers, replacing them with PC yes men.
I love our men in uniform, and believe in American fighting spirit, but with our current CIC, Mexico worries me.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by wyoming260

Plus watch the We Love Russia Videos on Youtube. How could not be friendly to those people.......
They live a harder life by accident then we every dream of>>>>

I'm sorry! After watching "We Love Russia" videos, I'd feel like I was shooting at family members! I swear there were several of my cousins on them vids!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not unless we want to get stomped right back... just like with us Russia has allies also, and a pretty tight pack between them too.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ironworker
Any Military guys care to give their opinion ?

We are closer to having to stomp the enemy within than we are the Russians.

I have no beef with Russia either.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Can we stump the Russians?"

Its not the playground...you'd need to be more specific as to what you mean..

"Could America invade and takeover Russia?" No...

"Could America turn Russian cities into dust with Nukes?" Probably..

"Could American "win" a regional war in Central or Eastern Europe? Again doubtful but you would need to define what constitutes "winning" before you could debate that properly.

What the real question is what would it *cost* America in any such confrontation and whether that cost would be worth it..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Me neither. Putin is a "no nonsense" leader. Too many mamby pambies in today's world.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F

Exactly my thoughts. Both countries would greatly benefit by friendship rather than war or the constant threat of war.

That is not Putin's dream, his dream for Russia is to rebuild it to what it once was.

Leadership would have to change and that won't happen until Putin is dead.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's impossible to even imagine a full-fledged war between two or more major countries nowadays. the MIC might want us to continue to tax & spend for their cause. and it is a good cause. but, there's 7 billion people now. can anyone even conceive of the carnage if current economic relationships deteriorated for whatever reason.

most readings i've seen indicates the age of major wars is over. whether it really is, i have no clue. but the argument is that we've become so interconnected globally, that a war would disrupt the entire world to the point of "collapse."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 3333vl, 65 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,461
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.