Hop To
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

How many mils to get to the 1500 yd line?

GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
No turrets yet. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gentlemen!

Tanner that's a beautiful pic. Bellydeep, thank you, good info.

Hunted in my immediate AO in the morning, nothing. Foot really sore from my "hard charging" day yesterday where I "hiked" about 1.5 miles total on "challenging" mostly sage-flats terrain. Whatever. Decided to flog that bitch today. I've been watching the top of the mountain when it's visible and today the snow looked mucho thinned in the area I needed... headed up to that spot I mentioned where Jerry got his 5 years ago. It's these little benches, above cliffs in a huge gorge, that you are above, and that you'd never know we're there from the road; it just looks like the world drops off. There's springs, and food on them, and apparently the deer like it. Very rocky and high-altitude, about 9500, above the trees. Pics below.

It seems hunters don't really know about it. In addition to not seeming like there'd BE benches, it's in a section of road that has a view on the opposite side into a whole different incredible gorge that is just stunning and seems like it's going to suck your vehicle in a bit due to the camber of the road... funny psychology there.

Anyway, cut to the chase, a buck jumped up like a jackrabbit about 40 yards away and due to the geology I couldn't ID him as such in time to slap the trigger. He wasn't a big buck, compact 3x3 is my guess. Woukdve killed him in a hot second.

He dove down a rocky snowy chute and there was an apartment building size structure that he was on one side of... I guessed he'd go left when he got past it so I hauled ass around the side of it (ouch) to where I'd have a shot but I think he went straight and dove down into the gorge proper. About 15 minutes later (I'm glassing hard trying to find him) I heard two shots straight below me. I suspect my bad fortune was someone else's good fortune. That actually takes the sting out of it a bit.

I'm gonna hunt here at dawn then pack a lunch and go back up there till dusk tomorrow.

Also saw a deer about 1/2 mike from here (camp) that was either a doe or a really young buck. It melted into an aspen grove before I could find its tiny-ass little horns, if it had any. I did a last-light overwatch of that aspen grove this evening. Yeah, I'll whack a dink at this point <g>.

Gonna post this before something crashes and post some cool pics in a different post.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Gentlemen!

Gonna post this before something crashes

NOW HEAR THIS.....
JEFFO HAS SEEN A DEER.
I REPEAT......
JEFFO HAS SEEN A DEER.

Then she vibrated and climaxed.

This has been an JeffNewsNetwork Special Report.

Stay tuned.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, s the benches are on the left rim of this gorge.

[Linked Image]

This the part of the benches area. About 1/2 mile from the road, approx 9500', lots of springs and an icy little creek.

[Linked Image]

-----------------

Here's a few pic's from the rim overlook. This is looking east now. Before was the west, wetter, more gradual side. The east side I've heard called the Baby Alps. I've packed into a couple of the canyons, though not hunting. Y'all can scatter my ashes there, thanks for that, HEY DON'T STEP ON ME!

There's an alkali flats down there that's huge, called the Alvord Flats I believe. People try to set land-speed records on it, I drove our Land Cruiser out onto it and was always looking for the little ripple or ditch that was gonna make a fool out of me, but it's FLAT. The shadows of the clouds are a trip. I wish I had some photos OF the east side I could post, it might actually be my favorite side.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Wow, that foreground looks like Mordor or some shït!

[Linked Image]

Again, these are shot while standing at the literal edge- you could jump off to your death- looking east. Just offering these for fun. And on that note, this is crappy photography on a crappy camera.... admitted.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shadows from the clouds create a cool look.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wageslave
Gentlemen!

NOW HEAR THIS.....
JEFFO HAS SEEN A DEER.
I REPEAT......
JEFFO HAS SEEN A DEER.

Is that in your "attention all shoppers!" intercom voice?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sidepass
Shadows from the clouds create a cool look.

Someone like Stick, with great gear and some talent, could take incredible photos up there.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All right you buncha pervs, stop ogling boobies and make yourselves useful.

Is this what a big mule deer buck track looks like? Note the dew claw depression. It's much more splayed than I'm used to seeing with say blacktail; it looks more like an elk track. It's big enough to be a small elk track, but a small elk wouldn't have that dew claw like that.

This happened last night, right near where I'm sitting.

Big buck? Say it's so!

[Linked Image]

Looks like Camel toe to me.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kingston

Looks like Camel toe to me.

Now that you mention it, it kinda does!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wageslave
Gentlemen!

NOW HEAR THIS.....
JEFFO HAS SEEN A DEER.
I REPEAT......
JEFFO HAS SEEN A DEER.

Then she vibrated and climaxed.

This has been an JeffNewsNetwork Special Report.

Stay tuned.

Jesus Christ I just peed a little!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The oblivious HILARITY of The Do NOTHING Gang's BEST efforts,never disappoint's in their "grandeur". Jeff Zero is "living" on "the edge",the Boozy Bromance never wanes and groping Trannies is now in "vogue". Congratulations?!?

Anywhooo...in the REAL Outdoor's,dots remain connected and it is VERY "unfair" that proficiency cain't be purchased,despite the flurry of pom-pom's and "vocations" "flaunted" to "vindicate" same. Laughing!

Hardly "daunting" for the astute to control DOF(Google it),add fill flash(Google it),dump ISO(Google it) and focus/meter then recompose as per whim(Google,Google,Google it). That while eschewing the "rule" of thirds,abandoning the tripod,gunning the shutter via digit and knocking victims in the fhuqking head while laughing aloud at the gross ineptitude so eagerly shared in "triumph" by The Do NOTHING Gang. Though Fredrica's pedal bike is as bitchin',as Jeff Zero's deer track picture. LAUGHING!

If only to fuel more Imagination,so as to "unleash" even more Pretend.

[Linked Image]

Now to allow others,to nod their heads...like they've a fhuqking clue. Laughing!

'Coupla sets of 'Horn rings arrived today and the Tall Bitches went aboard a certain 5R 1-7" Krunchenticker SALAMI 243Win,to steer it's mag nestled 105 Hornie HPBT Smooches. That transition away from non-steel TPS,granted an erector shift of better than 10 Mils at the 100yd line,due the 40MOA Signature Sandwich Shift(Google it). Windage was unaffected,but the erector now realizes 31.3MILS and the reserve 10 MILS on the windshield go without saying...just sayin'. The erector "only" grants 1920yds from zero and the parcel can "only" reach 2170yds all out. GREAT time for The Counter Jockey or "The Genius" to muse Turdic subtension "values"(Google it). The Turdic DUMB Fhuqks go wayyyyyyyyyy outta their way to skirt Physics and Mathematics and in no particular order(Google it). Hint. Laughing!

Prolly should upload some cards from various cameras of the day,but that ain't "fair" either. Whistlin' better than a dozen flavors of ammo through the Marvel Unit One(Google it),only attested to the sanctity of 1913 Picatinny spec's(aboard a 1911 of all things) and the harmony of POA/POI(Google it). I'll divulge magazine Make/"Merit" "attributes" too,mainly because I can. Hint.

I'd share pics of a 10x MQ hoppin' outta it's Shipping box,but the Sensory OVERLOAD of same,would cause yet another Hurricane,due the fluttering pom-pom's. You "lucky" kchunts. LAUGHING!

You gals REALLY "get after it!!

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Wow, that foreground looks like Mordor or some shït!

[Linked Image]

Again, these are shot while standing at the literal edge- you could jump off to your death- looking east. Just offering these for fun. And on that note, this is crappy photography on a crappy camera.... admitted.
Interesting country you're hunting in Jeff.

Pretty country also.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JeffO,
Looks like you caught a rare "nice" day in that country.
Known as Godforsaken country to most, it doesn't look to bad in those pics.
Most of my time goin' thru there it's either hotter than hell with blowing dirt,
or colder than hell and blowing dirt.

Oh, and tumbleweed.
But you are quite a bit higher..............

Pun intended.

Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I thought there would be more trees where JeffO is hunting now.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stick, we could let you into the Boozy Bromance, but you've just gotta stop obsessing over Giant Erectors first. It makes the bro's a bit nervous.

Except 'Slave. He appreciates the Intel.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd post a picture of the remaining intoxicants I have on hand but heads might explode. smile

Let me say for the record that I never, ever, ever mix intoxicants of any kind and guns. Don't like 'Slave's insinuations in that regard.

Headed back to the top of the mountain here shortly... had two does go by my stand this morning. Looked tasty but I couldn't pin even the dinkiest of horns on either of them so they are still alive.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Breaking it in soooooooon. 😂.
[Linked Image]

Not bad for a three week from order to done some girls wait way longer.
(With three black powder bulls hanging in between). 👍🏼

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] He is training at three by five he might want to sell his bike for an upgrade Sugartits I will keep you posted. That bike is perfect for you I will ship it to you for free. ( plus I will lower the seat so your feet will touch the ground at no charge).

Last edited by fredIII; 10/08/16.
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 13 invisible), 1,568 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.