-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Best thing that could happen, win or lose is for Trump and people to push by petition on the ballot, state reps etc for an Article 5 convention and make major changes to the constitution to rein in the stupidity we see going on. If we do not, we are done for as an independent nation as Hillary and the New World Order elites to include Paul Ryan want us to become a non nation but part of the UN world.

1. Congressional Reform. Term limits, no special pensions, one bill one subject written in simple english, no special riders to special interests.

2. Balanced budget amendment with exceptions for declared wars etc.

3. Reform 10th Amendment to rein in federal government and allow states options to control their own states.

4. Judicial reform. Language to end activist judicial and ease of impeachment for violation. The Constitution has an amendment process that was intended to be used, not judicial activism.

5. Clarify 2nd Amendment language to strengthen

6. Executive Powers amendment. Clarify and put limits.

7. Amendment that US (Federal govn) can own no more than 25% of any state. Feds 57% of land west of Mississippi

8. Mandate voter ID as part of immigration reform. All citizens and immigrants will get issued IDs that say citizen or non-citizen and have clear expiration date for non-citizen tied to legal immigration status. EVerify will be mandatory for all employers. NO federal benefits for non-citizens. If an immigrant is here, they can drive, get jobs just cannot vote and get federal benefits. When Visa expires, ID card is dead and they go home or automatic deportation no court required or that can stop deportation.

9. Simple 3 level tax code for individuals and businesses. Minor deductions for house below 1 million (tied to inflation), major medical, childcare etc. No estate tax.

10. Corruption Amendment. Allow Congress to mandate and appoint a Special Prosecutor with powers to investigate Executive Branch, FBI and DOJ and file charges in courts for crimes and contempt if they do not supply documents etc. Congress right now can use insider information legally in the stock market to get rich is an example.

If Hillary wins and attempts what she plans, I expect to see a lot of Democrats and media with red dots on their foreheads. Might be a good thing to bring reality to them. DC will become a Congressional and elitist enclave as it will not be safe for them back home. Sounds harsh but does not take a rocket scientist to see that happening.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 10/12/16.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The trouble with a CC is that liberals participate too and the scope cannot be limited.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Rubicon....it's back there aways.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
7. Amendment that US (Federal govn) can own no more than 25% of any state. Feds 57% of land west of Mississippi
63% of Idaho is federal land. Idaho doesn't have a good record of retaining it's land. 44% of the state's land has been sold off over the years. If the state took control of more federal land, I would expect to see more sold off to private concerns.
IDAHO PUBLIC LANDS

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarryC
The trouble with a CC is that liberals participate too and the scope cannot be limited.

That is not an issue for the simple fact that no matter which side makes recommended it will take 38 states to approve any amendment. The conservatives stand a much better chance of controlling what comes out of the CC and what passes at the state levels. There are actually only a few states are clearly liberal as a whole. It is approved by state votes, not cumulative votes across the US. California's vote is exactly the same as Wyoming's.

What is wrong for example with offering two opposing changes to the 2nd for example. If Hillary wins it is gone anyway.

One basically says do away with it and one says clarify and strengthen it. Want to guess which one the majority of the states will approve.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
63% of Idaho is federal land. Idaho doesn't have a good record of retaining it's land. 44% of the state's land has been sold off over the years. If the state took control of more federal land, I would expect to see more sold off to private concerns.
IDAHO PUBLIC LANDS

As compared to what?

Pretty clear what the enviros are doing directly thru federal agencies such as BLM selling land mining rights to the Chinese, Fish and Wildlife going eco crazy and they will put the lands off limits to hunting, controlled logging, or anything other than just walking on it maybe. Be real, you are losing it already piece by piece. You stand a much better chance at the state level than at the federal of influencing things.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BarryC

Not totally true. Nothing coming out of a CC is valid until 75% of states ratify it. Look at a map of the US and which state legislatures are controlled by Republicans and you'll see that no wildly liberal amendments would go anywhere.

As for an Article V convention, this year you had Huckabee, Jindal, Kasich, Rand Paul, Cruz and Carson as presidential candidates that were all supporting it.

So we nominated Trump.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Every day is a new day, different than the last day. It never has been the same, and it never will be the same as it was.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The rulers of the country don't give up that easily and voter choice be damned.

If Trump wins I see a good possibility of these two things happening:

1. He is assassinated. I give that 50/50 odds right now. They might not wait until Jan. 20th and just kill him before he can even take office.

2. If he does live to take office, with the media under their control and enough money to bribe King Midas they'll pound away at him relentlessly during his administration through the privately owned Ministry of Propaganda and bribe the folks in the Executive branch to set him up for impeachment. The R's and D's in Congress will get together to thwart any legislation he wants to make him seem ineffective.

With no chance for passing meaningful legislation the MofP will pound away at him for being the most do-nothing, ineffective President in history and lay the blame at his feet.

When he wins this election I'm afraid that's only the start of the real fight. We get the government we deserve. Sitting back and letting him do the job alone only leaves him hanging out to dry. Our only hope of helping him do what he says he's going to do is to keep pounding away at our representatives in Congress to let them know their jobs are at stake if they don't support him. That's the only thing they listen to more than money.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
IDAHO PUBLIC LANDS

Very true for all western states. Plus number 7 really isn't germane to limiting the federal government. Plus it's a absolute nonstarter. There are LOTS of other more important issues where government provides a significant amount of money (school districts for example) and then dictate to the state/local entities how we administer our state/local government entities. Whenever we take money or preferential treatment from government, there is ALWAYS strings attached somewhere down the road.

Otherwise I agree with what Bountyhunter proposes, but the devil is very much in the details.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The rulers of the country don't give up that easily and voter choice be damned.

If Trump wins I see a good possibility of these two things happening:

1. He is assassinated. I give that 50/50 odds right now. They might not wait until Jan. 20th and just kill him before he can even take office.

2. If he does live to take office, with the media under their control and enough money to bribe King Midas they'll pound away at him relentlessly during his administration through the privately owned Ministry of Propaganda and bribe the folks in the Executive branch to set him up for impeachment. The R's and D's in Congress will get together to thwart any legislation he wants to make him seem ineffective.

With no chance for passing meaningful legislation the MofP will pound away at him for being the most do-nothing, ineffective President in history and lay the blame at his feet.

When he wins this election I'm afraid that's only the start of the real fight. We get the government we deserve. Sitting back and letting him do the job alone only leaves him hanging out to dry. Our only hope of helping him do what he says he's going to do is to keep pounding away at our representatives in Congress to let them know their jobs are at stake if they don't support him. That's the only thing they listen to more than money.

That is possible, but unlikely that he will be alone. If he wins and survives to take charge, he is the type that will go directly to the people like no president has done in recent history. He will demand that they call their congressional reps to support certain changes. When people call and demand action, even the begruding crumudgens fall in line. Look at what happened at the RNC this week. People called and raised holy hell at the RNC and now Ryan supports Trump. Amazing turn of events in that.

Hell he could say using his Executive Powers I am not going to sign any bill more than one subject for example. I am going to mandate that the federal government own no more than 25% of the lands and give the excess back to the states. I am going to invalidate all Sue and Settle agreements as they were fraudulently done with insider help. He could invalidate everything obama has done to include regulations. He could go after climate supporters and say all data is open and all regs must be backed up by open data, any grants to scientests they must make ALL information and data available or pay back grants. Think of the upheaval in the global warming nuts if that happens.

Lot of things he can do to force changes IF he wants. Would love to see him say "Press that have lied about me, no White House pass, no interviews, I will never call on you or your organization in a Q&A, reporters that are Clintonites- no one in my administration will ever talk to you again, if they do they are fired immediately and I will investigate all leaks."

Last edited by BountyHunter; 10/13/16.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think all income tax from people/corp should go directly to the State. Then the State can give the Feds what they think they owe. That way the Feds can no longer coerce the States into obeying their Unconstitutional demands.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Guess what, today isn't the same as yesterday.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by coat4gun
I think all income tax from people/corp should go directly to the State. Then the State can give the Feds what they think they owe. That way the Feds can no longer coerce the States into obeying their Unconstitutional demands.

I have long advocated something along those lines.

At the very least, the majority of our income tax should be going to our state, not the feds.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Guess what, today isn't the same as yesterday.

You're right. But one thing hasn't changed--since the ink was barely dry on the Declaration Of Independence, Americans (and others) have been saying America is going to hell in a handbasket.

Sometimes the more things change the more they stay the same.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard the same doom & gloom before EVERY election I've ever voted in. And next someone will say "Oh, but this time it's for real, we won't survive it if XYZ wins".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Article V is not a Constitutional Covention per Mark Levin.

The dumbing down of the Article V Convention of the States constitutional process

Posted on June 11, 2015

This has been addressed time and again, but let me do it again. Three-fourth's of the states must ratify any proposed amendment from a convention of the states; the exact threshold required to adopt amendments proposed by Congress. The idea that thirteen red-state legislatures(with just one house controlled by Republicans) would embrace the left's radical agenda, should crazy amendments be proposed at a convention of the states, is absurd. Moreover, far more state legislatures are presently controlled by Republicans than Democrats. Therefore, the convention of the states could not be hijacked by the most liberal Democrat activists. Furthermore, even a cursory understanding of current events related to this subject reveals that state legislators are already putting together processes that would govern the meeting, should such a meeting take place in the future, to prevent anyone from hijacking the process. That said, the situation today is that the federal government re-writes, modifies,usurps, defies, etc. the Constitution virtually at will. As such, the Constitution as written and intended is meaningless in many respects. The purpose of Article V is to restore constitutional government, should that still be possible. And that was and is its purpose.

This is quintessential federalism. It's authorized by Article V. George Mason originally proposed it. George Washington and the other delegates at the Constitutional Convention, including James Madison, voted for it, as did the state ratification conventions. Such modern notables as Milton Friedman, Ronald Reagan, Dwight Eisenhower, among others, supported it. An aging Madison would later refer to Article V as a way to avoid the growing hostilities between the states. Abraham Lincoln did the same thing, but it was too late to avoid the Civil War. And the reform amendmentsI propose in my book, among other things, empower the legislatures to override or bypass the federal government in matters where the framers intended the states to hold sway. Thus, the issue is not whether the federal government nullifies the amendments. The amendments empower the states to act.

Finally, the (American Sectator) writer reveals himself in the first sentence of his article. This is not a constitutional convention. It is a convention of the states. The framers understood the difference. The writer does not; nor does he have any suggested recourse to what is happening to the republic. I guess he believes the federal government will magically abandon its own designs. I don't accept his defeatism, hysteria, or the inevitability of tyranny. Historically, the states would gather to discuss common issues of concern and attempt to resolve them. Article V was proposed in this context. For some reason, those opposed to it claim to oppose abusive federal power and support state authority, yet reject the only constitutional and civil recourse available to blunt federal power and empower the states.

Mark Levin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

55 members (blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 1,528 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,556
Posts18,510,431
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.