Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
Raised in North Dakota and been living there since I was 6 years old.

My wife and I, along with our three kids (Age 4, 12 and 16) area moving to the Coeur d'Alene, ID area next summer.

Avid outdoors family, love hiking, mtn biking, camping.

Probably the most excited about now being able chase Elk locally and affordably.I am going to miss chasing roosters right out my back door though......

I am sure I will have a ton of questions.....just stopping in to say Hi and introduce myself. Since we plan on moving mid to late summer, it looks like my hunting may have to wait until 2018.

[Linked Image]

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Beautiful GSP! Good luck and welcome.

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks....she is a looker. That is my only negative of these new family adventure. Not being able to get here on quality bird ground a couple times a week during the season!!

She is a heck of a pup so far.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
My boy is aging out. 13 years young. Hopefully we can make it through one more bird season.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't know about Idaho specifically. But, were I you, as soon as I could, I would get something resembling a residence to get your in-state status clock ticking.

Thinking Idaho requires 6 months to establish residency.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

C
OP Offline
C
Yes, Idaho has 6 months to establish residency. We are hopping to put in an offer on a house in mid March. If it all falls into place I might be able to hunt late season.....

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Welcome to Idaho!

There is some ok bird hunting ~1 hour south of CdA and gets better the further you go.

The area is a great place to live.

C
OP Offline
C
We have passed through the area numerous times over the years, and have always loved the area. We did a week vacation in CDA this past summer and all of us fell in love. Decided it was now or never......and we are making the move.

The is good to hear about the birds. Potlatch area??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Good luck on your plan.

Have Dog

Will Travel

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Ok bird hunting starts around Tensed. The farming practices are poor for bird habitat over most of the Palouse. Had some great bird hunting when I lived in Moscow and Chukar can be good around Lewiston and the river canyons.

If you have the time and are willing to travel vs a 10 min drive there is opportunity.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Coach529
Yes, Idaho has 6 months to establish residency. We are hopping to put in an offer on a house in mid March. If it all falls into place I might be able to hunt late season.....
While you might own property in Idaho, legally you have to physically live here for 6 month to get a resident license.

Proof of residency is required to buy any resident license. A resident is anyone who has been domiciled in this state with a bona fide intent to make this their place of permanent abode, for a period of not less than 6 months immediately preceding the date of application for any license, tag or permit. A senior resident is anyone age 65 and older who has lived in the state at least 6 months immediately preceding the date of application for a senior license or tag....Owning real property or paying property taxes within the state of Idaho is not a qualification for residency. No one can claim Idaho resident privileges while claiming resident privileges in another state, except military personnel.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the heads up!!

C
OP Offline
C
I appreciate the clarification.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'm in the Wallace area a bit east of Coeur d Alene.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
old, that is a cool area... I always wanted to check that area out a little more..

Molon Labe
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
I'm in the Wallace area a bit east of Coeur d Alene.

Love that area. We have thought about looking at some houses in Pinehurst, but the commute scares me.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wallace has a history. It was a mining town with the usual brothels. When I was in college in Moscow in the 60's, at least a couple were still in business. I've heard that they're gone now but I don't know if that's accurate.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We are ~15 miles NE of Sandpoint.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Coach529
While you might own property in Idaho, legally you have to physically live here for 6 month to get a resident license.

Proof of residency is required to buy any resident license. A resident is anyone who has been domiciled in this state with a bona fide intent to make this their place of permanent abode, for a period of not less than 6 months immediately preceding the date of application for any license, tag or permit. A senior resident is anyone age 65 and older who has lived in the state at least 6 months immediately preceding the date of application for a senior license or tag....Owning real property or paying property taxes within the state of Idaho is not a qualification for residency. No one can claim Idaho resident privileges while claiming resident privileges in another state, except military personnel.

You have to be domiciled in the state. That is not the same as physically living there non-stop for 6 months.

Another key is his intent to make this his permanent home.

I am not suggesting you break the law. I am saying if you could get a property tied up, under lease and get stuff there. Stay there as much if not more than your previous residence. Get utilities in your name. Rental contract signed. Get your drivers license changed. Voter reg etc. All shows intent and gives a definite start date on paper for your residency.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You are a lucky man!

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.