Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you have so much confidence that your tests are accurate, and your tests showed that the 95 grain SST would blow up, why on earth would you use one on an animal?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Verification. Could have been wrong, in which case I could use cheaper bullets.

In any case, the amount of meat lost was restricted to rib cage meat due to intentional placement behind the front leg. In other words, negligible loss.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, no problem, but you'll never use the bullet again.

Makes sense to me.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
So, no problem, but you'll never use the bullet again.

Makes sense to me.

I'll use them by the box full for varmints and targets. For game I have better options.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been a known fact for a long while that sst bullets don't hold together very well. I got some .338 225gr sst man they shot good out of my 338wsm I talked to my buddy who used them before confirmed what people said they blow up use a different bullet so I use 200gr accubonds in it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 79S
It's been a known fact for a long while that sst bullets don't hold together very well.

You can't know that unless you've shot 'em through water jugs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
It's been a known fact for a long while that sst bullets don't hold together very well.

Or read about someone doing it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

One of the human traits most of us share is the ability to learn indirectly through the shared experiences of others. Some folks found the water jug test results useful and it was for them that it was published - including the poster that specifically asked for the results with the 165g SST.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

One of the human traits most of us share is the ability to learn indirectly through the shared experiences of others. Some folks found the water jug test results useful and it was for them that it was published - including the poster that specifically asked for the results with the 165g SST.

Yet, you, the guy who actually ran the test, ignored your results and used a bullet known to blow up on a game animal. So yes, some humans learn indirectly and some can't even learn by direct observation.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

Yet, you, the guy who actually ran the test, ignored your results and used a bullet known to blow up on a game animal. So yes, some humans learn indirectly and some can't even learn by direct observation.

You must be one old sourpuss of a man - and a poor excuse for one at that it you have nothing better to do than act like a grade school bully.

Your behavior says much about you and I'm just laughing at your childishness. If you have nothing better to do, as seems to be the case, I pity you.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I should have clicked on this thread earlier.

Uber.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 79S

You must be one old sourpuss of a man - and a poor excuse for one at that it you have nothing better to do than act like a grade school bully.

Your behavior says much about you and I'm just laughing at your childishness. If you have nothing better to do, as seems to be the case, I pity you.

Not at all. I'm just trying to get you to admit that the only way to judge how a bullet will perform on flesh and bone is to shoot flesh and bone.

But I see you're incapable of that. You ran your test, got your results, then ignored those results. Telling.

And if you want to meet and discuss your definition of "poor excuse for a man" just say the word.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Not at all. I'm just trying to get you to admit that the only way to judge how a bullet will perform on flesh and bone is to shoot flesh and bone.

But I see you're incapable of that. You ran your test, got your results, then ignored those results. Telling.

And if you want to meet and discuss your definition of "poor excuse for a man" just say the word.

You make my point. Again. Men worthy of respect don't behave as you do.

But to your claim I "ignored" the water jug test results, no, I did not. I merely confirmed their similarity to flesh and blood results. Based on the water jug tests I intentionally waited a full broadside opportunity and was careful to place the bullet behind the front leg where minimal meat damage would occur. The results were as expected.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whatever you say, CH.

And if you think you can judge a person by what goes on here on this internet forum, more power to you. I don't want your respect, just so we're clear on that. And looking at the people who you have a beef with on here like JB and Pat, I think I'm in good company.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one wants to run hornady bullets use the good ol interlocks... If one wants high bc run the hornady gmx.. but no way I use a sst and I don't need to do a water jug test to tell me that. You can search the Internet all day long and see similar experiences you had with that bullet.. why hornady still sells it is beyond me or why they haven't tried to improve it is beyond me as well..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You make my point. Again. Men worthy of respect don't behave as you do.

But to your claim I "ignored" the water jug test results, no, I did not. I merely confirmed their similarity to flesh and blood results. Based on the water jug tests I intentionally waited a full broadside opportunity and was careful to place the bullet behind the front leg where minimal meat damage would occur. The results were as expected.

So if you expected the bullet to act like that, then you were unethical when you used it on an animal.

The critters deserve our best, not to be science experiments.

What do you think would have happened if the bullet would have landed on a shoulder?

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Whatever you say, CH.

And if you think you can judge a person by what goes on here on this internet forum, more power to you. I don't want your respect, just so we're clear on that. And looking at the people who you have a beef with on here like JB and Pat, I think I'm in good company.

I don't know who Pat is and JB aka Mule Deer lied.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whatever you say CH.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep

So if you expected the bullet to act like that, then you were unethical when you used it on an animal.

What do you think would have happened if the bullet would have landed on a shoulder?

Not unethical, just cautious. I think the doe would have died even if the SST hit a shoulder, I just would have lost more meat. If I seriously thought the doe would run off or suffer needlessly I wouldn't have used the bullet at all. Some would suggest using the SST was MORE ethical because of the quickness of the death, something that is hard to prove either way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Not unethical, just cautious. I think the doe would have died even if the SST hit a shoulder, I just would have lost more meat. If I seriously thought the doe would run off or suffer needlessly I wouldn't have used the bullet at all. Some would suggest using the SST was MORE ethical because of the quickness of the death, something that is hard to prove either way.

Ok, so help me out with the CH logic:

1) Test bullets on water jugs.

2) Determine SST's are not tough enough

3) Shoot animal to confirm results

What was the point of your experiment?

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (1lesfox, 1badf350, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 31 invisible), 1,833 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.