Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
We won the Super Bowl in January of 1995, beat the Chargers. We had the parade the next day, had the meeting where we all went to the facility to say goodbye to everyone. So then there's the next day, the first day of the offseason and everybody is gone. I go down to the training facility, just to check it out -- I was single and didn't have anything else to do and went out of habit, really. There was nobody, just the night watchman, not even a guard. He let me in and I go out and look at the field in the back, and I see a guy on the far side running routes. I'm like, I think that's Jerry Rice. Oh my gosh -- it is! And he was doing this on his own, the day when everybody else in the whole world was gone or celebrating. And there was Jerry Rice running routes alone. To me, anyone who wants to know why Jerry Rice was so good, there you go.
Steve Young

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Cool.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
dedication,
beautiful when you see it

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jerry is a champion and always will be. Stoopernick could take a hint. Hope he blows today.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LostHighway
We won the Super Bowl in January of 1995, beat the Chargers. We had the parade the next day, had the meeting where we all went to the facility to say goodbye to everyone. So then there's the next day, the first day of the offseason and everybody is gone. I go down to the training facility, just to check it out -- I was single and didn't have anything else to do and went out of habit, really. There was nobody, just the night watchman, not even a guard. He let me in and I go out and look at the field in the back, and I see a guy on the far side running routes. I'm like, I think that's Jerry Rice. Oh my gosh -- it is! And he was doing this on his own, the day when everybody else in the whole world was gone or celebrating. And there was Jerry Rice running routes alone. To me, anyone who wants to know why Jerry Rice was so good, there you go.
Steve Young

So let's drill down and ask why was Jerry there the next day in an empty facility?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by LostHighway
Steve Young

So let's drill down and ask why was Jerry there the next day in an empty facility?

On another thread I posted: Some questions should not be dignified with an answer. This is one.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (300_savage, 2ndwind, 673, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 375TN, 17 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,874
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.