Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by cdb
Originally Posted by bryguy
Originally Posted by cdb
Originally Posted by bryguy
Originally Posted by cdb
I see better out of some other brands in the same price class.

I just picked up 2 of the Prostaff 7s and they were better the then the Vortex Viper HST and HS LR I had originally decided to throw on a couple of savage 308s I bought. I have a regular prostaff on my 220 slug gun and it works fine and has held up to the recoil and is dead nuts on every time I check it. The tracking on the ones I have is pretty damn good.

Not trying to be a jerk but would like to know what your point is?

the point was that I am the same as you.....I have heard people rave about the Vortex vipers in the HS line so I bought a couple and found they were not a scope for me.......but the Nikon Prostaffs TO MY eyes are good glass and work well. Optics are a personal thing and that is why I always try to put my hands on a scope or Binoc before I buy it......so I can see for myself how it works for me.

I understand now. It looked in print like I was being a jerk but I really wasn't trying to be, just needed some clarification.

No worries

GB1

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by cdb
Thanks.

I have ben around the 'fire enough to know you gotta have a pretty thick skin and not try to read to much into anything said. That is not directed at you, just in general at what I see around here.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Whats the opinion on Nikon scopes

"Opinions are like [rectal cavities]..." But, since you asked:

I've always thought the ProStaff scopes were great bargains - I felt I got an awful lot for what I spent. I'm actually sorely tempted by an offering in the classifieds right now.

With the Buckmasters line, it was less so. I could abide them if I got a really good deal on a used one, but I'd not buy a new one.

I've never kept a Monarch, feeling that there was virtually no return for the money spent above a Buckmasters. New or used, I've not been impressed.

FWIW, I've never needed to interact with their CS people.

... and that's all I have to say about that...

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,454
Posts18,471,089
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.