https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm always glad to see new bullets being developed and released, but how about confirming the BCs *before* releasing this? Putting my credit card back in my wallet.

RLTW
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I thought this was the section about Big Game Rifles? confused

Not that it isn't interesting but what does it have to do with "big game rifles"?

Doesn't this thread belong in the Competitive Shooting section? smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Not that it isn't interesting but what does it have to do with "big game rifles"?

There will be plenty who launch these at big game.

Then come on here and whine about it when they blow up at 150 yards.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Forum title doesn't dictate topics posted. Take "Ask the Gunwriters" for example...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep

There will be plenty who launch these at big game.

Then come on here and whine about it when they blow up at 150 yards.

"Target" bullets used on game are supposed to blow up, no?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Forum title doesn't dictate topics posted. Take "Ask the Gunwriters" for example...

Yeah that's what I figured.....just thought I'd mention it. Nothing like subject anarchy to keep things moving along.

Just tired of match related stuff constantly worming into the hunting subjects.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm side'n with bob on this'n...

I believe Berger started the "lets use bullets meant for hole punching paper on game because its just because it is cool..... They just wanted part of the market share that hunting bullets where getting.

Match bullets are for paper and tiny groups. Nosler wants part of the current match bullet market craze. Nosler is adamant about proper bullet usage and hunting bullet market IS the Nosler bullet wheelhouse.

Btips, partitions are more accurate than most people think...

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by boomwack
I'm side'n with bob on this'n...

I believe Berger started the "lets use bullets meant for hole punching paper on game because its just because it is cool..... They just wanted part of the market share that hunting bullets where getting.

Match bullets are for paper and tiny groups. Nosler wants part of the current match bullet market craze. Nosler is adamant about proper bullet usage and hunting bullet market IS the Nosler bullet wheelhouse.

Btips, partitions are more accurate than most people think...

Have some bad luck on game with Bergers?

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 10/22/16.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd like to think people shoot more rounds through their BIG GAME rifles at targets etc than they do at game.

I didn't know it was a mortal sin to shoot match type bullets in BIG GAME rifles.

Amazing what twists chicks panties.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope, left the match bullets home when hunting big game.

Have had spectacular results on marmots, ground squirrels, crows and 'yotes with match grade hollow points cool

From what I have seen with match bullets fired into game first hand not from my rifles, but from different buds rifles is erratic expansion, such as instant blow-up very shallow wounds or delayed expansion in needling threw till the last few inches for a very dramatic exit... which could have just bullet tumble and not even expansion.

The deer, elk and one bear were all made dead with match type bullets is proof they work.... to an extent.

Yes, in big game or anything accurate shot placement is paramount...Consistent bullet terminal behavior is next when the quarry is not made of paper or metal.

You're right bob, keeps the threads going.

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
Fotis Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just placed the news in the reloading section. Should I have posted it elsewhere?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You're fine, just a bunch of pussy hurt folks with nothing better to complain about.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by boomwack
Nope, left the match bullets home when hunting big game.

Have had spectacular results on marmots, ground squirrels, crows and 'yotes with match grade hollow points cool

From what I have seen with match bullets fired into game first hand not from my rifles, but from different buds rifles is erratic expansion, such as instant blow-up very shallow wounds or delayed expansion in needling threw till the last few inches for a very dramatic exit... which could have just bullet tumble and not even expansion.

The deer, elk and one bear were all made dead with match type bullets is proof they work.... to an extent.

Yes, in big game or anything accurate shot placement is paramount...Consistent bullet terminal behavior is next when the quarry is not made of paper or metal.

You're right bob, keeps the threads going.

I've had nothing less than great results from Berger HVLDs in .25, 6.5, and .30 cal. Animals I shoot with them just seem to make fewer tracks than anything else I've used. 175gr MKs have not given me the same results. Not all match bullets are created equal.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.