P
Most carpenters avoid wearing rings.
Don't join the "stub club". eek

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No loose clothes, jewelry,long sleeves when you are working in a machine shop.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Did you ever notice that mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Have you noticed that tool & die makers don't wear rings.
Those who make and handle fine work don't wear rings that might mar it!

Neither my late dad who owned a tool & die shop nor the men who worked in his shop wore rings.

Yet some who handle firearms do!

2 million sperms swimming up stream, and this is the one who had to make it

Best Post Yet

WTF is wrong with the drinking water in Connecticut

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I dont wear a ring while shooting or playing bass either.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TheOldTree
If I heard/ saw a ring hit my 100 % gun, and I've heard it before, I'd be pissed.

Treemen don't go much for rings. The real question is; Does the ring hold off or draw in women? Some, like most of men, are in the, "it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase." camp. There are a couple of thoughts in the narcisissts/hunters head.

If you own a 100% gun, means you've touched it then. Means its not 100% in my books.

But the flipping things folks worry about.

My guns are tools. I use them. Scratches on the truck or the guns are not a big deal.

When I was working in more dangerous jobs, I never wore a ring for my safety. now that I"m more or less a desk job I"ve started to wear it. Wife agreed with both positions.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Does the heresy of wearing rings and handling guns apply to Prince Alberts?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Did you ever notice that mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy?

A kid'll eat ivy too,,,,,,,,,,,,,wouldn't you????
I've been a tool and die maker since 1970. Got married in '72 and have worn a ring since that day.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I could "Damage" with a ring in a tool and die shop, myself. crazy

WIERD, post, this one.

Oh, and for the OP,....If you're not being asked to don clean cotton gloves, it's NOT a "100% gun"

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I used to know a guy who removed his wedding band on every hunt.

Of course, he didn't do it until after the hunt, when he was headed into town.

So I guess that means he had his sh** together.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
I used to know a guy who removed his wedding band on every hunt.

Of course, he didn't do it until after the hunt, when he was headed into town.

So I guess that means he had his sh** together.

Until he comes home and bitches at his wife for not packing him any socks,...
at which point she tells him she did, she packed them in his gun case!... huh oh....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet there are some threatening pm's flying around for this thread

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
My hunting partner has been a master electrician for over 50 years and has seen a number of fatalities and accidents from guys wearing wedding rings while working with electricity. The one that stands out is one of his former partners who's wife always berated him for taking off his wedding ring while working. A few weeks later he was handling some high voltage wires and received a massive jolt of electricity, killing him. Found out that the gloves he was wearing had a hole worn in the ring finger from the wedding ring, hot wire contacted ring and that was it...

Our electricians aren't allowed to wear watches with metal bands or rings. No skilled trades are allowed to wear rings. It's a violation of shop rules, good for some unpaid time off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of nurses don’t wear their wedding rings at work, the diamond interferes with getting their exam gloves on and off and can cut right through them. That makes for some interesting mistakes when you hit on the married ones, although it creates opportunities for the married nurses as well...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I quit wearing my wedding band at work after it hung on exposed bolt threads as I was climbing down a vertical conveyance support structure. Near the bottom I let go and dropped the last foot or two to the ground. Lucky for me my feet touched the ground before I ran out of arm length. Wasn't near as bad as it could have been but still hurt and cost me a some blood and a little skin.

As far as harming the metal finish on firearms I believe sweat and acid in body oils is a much more common and likely threat than finger rings are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Don't tool and die makers work around machines that can snatch off a finger by a ring?

They don't wear neckties when using a lathe either.

My granddad started as a T & D man. Had a story about a guy in management that came down to help demo a new lathe. His tie got caught and started to reel him in. The only thing that saved him was it was a cheap tie and he push back strong enough to break the tie. That would be scary!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Neither my late dad who owned a tool & die shop nor the men who worked in his shop wore rings.

Thank God! Could you imagine if one of the slower ones made it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When we were kids, a friend of mine had a ring made from a foreign coin of some sort. One day (unfortunately I was gone and missed the action) he jumped out of swing, the ring caught in the chain, and pop goes the finger at the second joint. A local farmer achieved the same result when he was descending on of those "wall ladders" from the hay mow. He slipped, the ring caught on a protruding nail head, and again, the digit departed. After those incidents, I have never been able to wear a ring - my wife understands.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
My hunting partner has been a master electrician for over 50 years and has seen a number of fatalities and accidents from guys wearing wedding rings while working with electricity. The one that stands out is one of his former partners who's wife always berated him for taking off his wedding ring while working. A few weeks later he was handling some high voltage wires and received a massive jolt of electricity, killing him. Found out that the gloves he was wearing had a hole worn in the ring finger from the wedding ring, hot wire contacted ring and that was it...

Our electricians aren't allowed to wear watches with metal bands or rings. No skilled trades are allowed to wear rings. It's a violation of shop rules, good for some unpaid time off.

I'd hazard a guess it's also a violation of OSHA rules...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dassa

Thank God! Could you imagine if one of the slower ones made it?

Are you suggesting it didn't?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.