Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
How I'd love to get the TC prohunter or encore, I just can not afford it right now. So I went out and got the TC omega Z5.

Today was my first day at the range with it. I am using TC Shockwave superglide 250 grain, 777 loose powder, and remington 209 primers. I wet patch then dry patch after every shot.

I am consistanly hitting about 1 in low and 2-3 in to the right at 50 yards on every shot, no matter if I use 90, 95, 100, 105 grains of powder. I am using the iron (fiber optic) sights that came on it.

Although I am happy that it is grouping, I'd obvioulsy like to get it dialed in better. Is this just something I need adjust the iron sights for, or do I need to keep playing with powder loads and bullet weight/size?

Eventually someday I want to scope it, but in the meantime what do you think I should do/try?? I don't really want to go out right now and buy a bunch of different powder brands or bullet sizes/weights/brands if it is something I can fix with what I already have

Thanks for your help.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Adjust the sights. Powder isn't going to chamnge the windage adjustment any

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sounds like you either ain't swabbin-cleanin' the ML correctly while at the range - or you are shooting too rapidly -- or you need a wad between the powder and sabot -- or T/C shipped you the wrong front sight & you need a shorter one.

Start-off by making sure you have a bore brush, 3" patches and basic windex or alcohol for the range - then afterwards a gun solvent that controls plastic, copper and lead. Swab the bore with windex or alcohol after every 2nd shot using a bore brush-only. The jag should only be used when loadinfg/seating the bullet. That avoids problems down the road. Using a bore brush keeps the rifling unclogged while sighting-in -- allowing better spin/engagement contact.

Alsao, there's not alot of difference between 90 and 105 grains at 50 yards. You will see a biogger shot group differential at 100 yards.... but maybe only an inch or two.

There's also a chance your gun doesn't care for the Super Glides with out a wonderwad. Try a different style of T/C-packaged bullets - perhaps in 300 grain this time. If your sights are "maxed-out" in adjustment, call T/C by phone-only & they will ship you another front sight that's different.

See if all this solves your problem. Here is a good, basic solvent that keeps everything under control.

Birchwood-Casey 2 in 1 Bore Scrubber

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use 3F GOEX, and I don't have to wipe between shots.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Your sights need adjusting.Raising the rear sight will allow you to shoot higher.Moving them to the left will make you shoot more to the left.

If you try adjusting the front sight it works the opposite way.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Your sights need adjusting.Raising the rear sight will allow you to shoot higher.Moving them to the left will make you shoot more to the left.

If you try adjusting the front sight it works the opposite way.

Exactly! Most guns I have ever owned needed the irons adjusted to my eyes and loads. Just adjust your sights and enjoy your rifle.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (300jimmy, 1minute, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,571
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.