Print Thread
Hop To
P
pwomble Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Good afternoon all, Looking for some help with the two magazines I have for my 23D 22 Hornet. Right now I can not get either mag to work properly.

Magazine number 1 is an original Savage mag. When loaded the front of the cartridges are sticking up in front and will the rifle will not feed. Appears to be a spring issue inside.

[Linked Image]

The 2nd mag I have is an aftermarket Triple K (on the left in this picture) just purchased from eBay. Ammo loads in the magazine but it does not appear to go up into the rifle far enough to engage the locking mechanism. Cartridges will not feed either. The original mag does snap into place and locks in.

[Linked Image]

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Disclaimer - I do not have any of these magazines, I am basing my assessment on it's similarities to a 22 Long Rifle magazine.

It looks to me like the feed lips on the original are to wide and that it could be because the upper joints in the magazine body at the rear are coming apart, they look to be below the surface of the side plates, or it could be because the lips were bent out. Make sure the sides of the magazine are tight to the rear plate, if they are then I would compare it to the Triple-K and try to get the lips to match the width of it - maybe not as close together to start.

With rimmed cartridges the feed lips can be made to hold the cartridge at an angle, they should be parallel or slightly wider toward the front and should be narrower than the diameter of the cartridge case so they hold it and keep it from tilting to far up - you can see that with the Triple-K (which may not be allowing them to tilt up enough).

Gene

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 12,364 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,023
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.