Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
In case you want to see what a CZ weights with different stocks, and might even consider having a sako 85 rebarrelled to 9.3x62.

Here are the stock weight results
[Linked Image]

And the group I got from my sako 9.3 semi custom
[Linked Image]

It's a known fact that the 9.3x62mm is easy to load for and accuracy is phenomenal...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
HR IC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bugger
Now all I need is to have Edm's price to be equal to or less than my available funds and the timing has to be right too. That to me looks like the best deal around.

Yep, I'd buy that classic rifle before even thinking about a CZ or Ruger...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The only thing I wish I had done differently in my build was to use a CRF.

But to get the weight I wanted I had to go lighter action wise

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
The only thing I wish I had done differently in my build was to use a CRF.

But to get the weight I wanted I had to go lighter action wise

I'd love to do a Tikka t3 left hand build in 9.3x62mm. I'm thinking that would be the catz azz and that is a push feed. Nothing wrong with pushfeed, if you use the right one... wink

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bugger
Now all I need is to have Edm's price to be equal to or less than my available funds and the timing has to be right too. That to me looks like the best deal around.

EdM has first chance but I don't think I will ever get around to using mine- at least until after I have worn out the other two . I would let mine go for under $1000

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tedthorn - "Hard to find Ruger African Hawkeye in 9.3x62 but mine is pretty nice imo " +1 on this. Wonder why Ruger stopped producing this particular model? It's a classical sweetheart of a rifle & round. Only thing I improved upon was a better recoil pad. I hate the factory "bricks". Homesteader

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Homesteader
+1 on this. Wonder why Ruger stopped producing this particular model? It's a classical sweetheart of a rifle & round.

Near as I could tell it was so they could push the 375 Ruger round, which isn't necessarily bad, but not as versatile as a 9.3.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a CZ 550, bought a few years ago, so more money now. Very accurate, a bit porky on the stock but not bad overall. Bolt was a bit stiff when new, smoothed up with use. Great caliber and the CZ for the money is a great rifle. Hard to beat a controlled feed Mauser action, that is accurate

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've got a 20" 7lb2oz Kevlar 550 up in the classifieds. Brand new.....

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I'd go with EdM's rifle for a few reasons. First of all, the 9.3x62 was designed for the Mauser 98 - classic cartridge in the classic bolt action. Second, the Mauser 98 is IMHO the best designed bolt action ever. Third, I have a similar Husqvarna 630 in 9.3x62 and it puts 3 shots into less than an inch at 100 yards.

Two caveats, mine had a split in the stock in the inletting which my smith discovered when he took the action out of the stock, and I've read that other Husqvarnas have a similar problem. A glass bedding job fixed that. Another thing, mine didn't take 5 rounds in the mag - my smith milled out the mag box a bit. The original pre-war Mausers actually had different mag box dimensions for different cartridges, a special step that post-war Mausers generally omitted.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i picked up a Ruger Alskan and African this year in .375 and am astounded at how well thought out and executed they are (my first MkIIs ever....).

I currently have a Rem 700 and a No.1 in 9.3x62. Despite 'building' it to my specs, the 700 never grew on me and I'll probably send it down the road. The No.1 is fantastic but I was thinking a nice CRF in 9.3 could be pretty classy.

Looked at finding a donor Ruger or Mauser action and having one built as I wished. Realized the cost could add up pretty quickly. I even debated doing a wildcat 9.3 of some flavor on the mag bolt face, but came to my senses and realized that was more hassle and money than it was worth ((K.I.S.S.) Some distant bell was chiming softly in the back of my mind so I went to the Ruger website and found they do make the Guide gun in 30/06.

My future plan (after selling some stuff) is to grab a guide gun in 30/06, ditch the stock handle (already got a mag boat paddle with Limbsaver for $140) and send it out to JES to get honed out to the 9.3 Mighty Mouse. I already love the action, sights, barrel weight, everything. It will make a sweet baby brother (and the perfect 'step down') to the .375 Alaskan.

Depending on the deal I get on a guide gun, cost should be about $1300 total. That's the plan for now.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I picked up a Sako L61r in -06 and a McMillan for it with the thought of having Jess turn it into a 9.3.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have a CZ 550 FS and a Tikka T-3 Forest. The CZ has open sights and the Tikka uses a 1.5x5x20 vari x iii leupold. Like them both. The CZ does hold 5 in the magazine, Tikka only 3.
Erich

At some point my hobbies became my life.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
livefastjohnny - "so they could push the 375 Ruger" Probably correct in that respect...better to 'throw-out' a classical 1905 oldie then support it. BTW - in this thread I noticed someone mentioned CZ has a shorter barrel carbine in 9.3. I have the longer barrel version (besides the Ruger) and IMO it's the better choice. Homesteader

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'd be trying to buy this one, if I was in the market.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/589117477

V
V
In my opinion you cant go wrong with a Husqvarna. They are extremely reliable and very popular in Africa - especially in 9,3x62

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (12344mag, 1minute, 160user, 117LBS, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 3,143 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,966
Posts18,499,245
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.