Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DELGUE
At what point do people put away all the bullschit and go back to hunting?!!

Is all this stuff to compensate for lack of old-fashioned hunting skills?

Is it that important to get a kill every time that you are willing to sacrifice your ethics?...that you are willing to sacrifice the traditions? Should we no longer call it hunting, but instead just call it 'killing'?

At what point do we decide to make it a fair chase? To actually give the game we hunt a fair chance?

I'm starting to get sick of all this uber technology invading our tradition of actually learning the animal's traits and habits. The truth of it is that there are quite a few people who would more belong in a bar shooting pool than in the field with a rifle.

Flame away, I don't give a rat's azz.

Then why did you take the time to make a lengthy post?

About the rest of your post: Are you going to go back to a rock or a spear?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

Is it that important to get a kill every time that you are willing to sacrifice your ethics?...that you are willing to sacrifice the traditions? Should we no longer call it hunting, but instead just call it 'killing'?

At what point do we decide to make it a fair chase? To actually give the game we hunt a fair chance?

I'm starting to get sick of all this uber technology invading our tradition of actually learning the animal's traits and habits. The truth of it is that there are quite a few people who would more belong in a bar shooting pool than in the field with a rifle.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ringman, he said "flame away," not "flick your bic."

And PS, have you ever robbed a birthday party? Because you sure do take the cake.

Last edited by smokepole; 11/03/16.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Number one, that wasn't a lengthy post. It was rather brief, by my standards, although since you didn't like the content, I can see why reading every word of it seemed like an eternity to you.

Number two, I have the same friggin right to express my opinion that you do, whether you like the content of that opinion or the fact that I chose to express it, or not.

You use whatever is legal and whatever is left of your conscience will let you live with. I use a standard rifle with a standard scope. Sometimes I don't use a scope.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Reality is some would find nothing wrong with a device that gave a rough B&C score, +\- a certain percent and would justify it by saying it saves potential big Bucks or allows them to scientifically eliminate those on the "hit list." Every time I hear someone use that term, I would like them not to be allowed to purchase a license for the upcoming year.

What started the downward trend of traditional hunting? Hunting shows,
tree stands? Maybe it started much earlier with the .270W. 😀

Makes little difference now. Like the recent do you remember thread, many have no clue what traditional hunting means. Nor do they care to partake.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Reality is some would find nothing wrong with a device that gave a rough B&C score, +\- a certain percent and would justify it by saying it saves potential big Bucks or allows them to scientifically eliminate those on the "hit list." Every time I hear someone use that term, I would like them not to be allowed to purchase a license for the upcoming year.

Makes little difference now. Like the recent do you remember thread, many have no clue what traditional hunting means. Nor do they care to partake.

True.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by battue

Battue, you crack me up!!! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I was going to blame the .30-06, but Dad would have hauted me for the rest of my hunting time....

Off to try and snipe a Turkey with a .22-250. Oh chit, where is the edit button? To late, guilty, Book'em Dano.... grin

Last edited by battue; 11/03/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
DELGUE,

Number one, that wasn't a lengthy post. It was rather brief, by my standards, although since you didn't like the content, I can see why reading every word of it seemed like an eternity to you.

Number two, I have the same friggin right to express my opinion that you do, whether you like the content of that opinion or the fact that I chose to express it, or not.

You use whatever is legal and whatever is left of your conscience will let you live with. I use a standard rifle with a standard scope. Sometimes I don't use a scope.

Okay. Thank you. I will. My conscience has nothing to do with hunting. Like Ted says, "If it was legal I would use hand grenades."

Everyday Hunter
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
DELGUE,

Okay. Thank you. I will. My conscience has nothing to do with hunting. Like Ted says, "If it was legal I would use hand grenades."

That says all that needs to be said about your "ethics".

You really are an example to us all. Congratulations.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ringman uses his rifle scope as a spotter and burnt out a rifle barrel trying to run a ladder test.

So.....

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Rather well said. When I hunt it may be a rifle with a scope to help my old eyes that need trifocals or it may be a hand gun with improved iron sights. I don't even own a range finder or want one. I hunt to hunt and not to bring home the most meat or a trophy. I do not hunt out of a blind, never have and I have never hunted over bate.

I do have a trail cam but that was more for the fund of finding out what lurks in the night and I think a Leupold Thermal Imaging monocular might be fun for the same thing.

I do admit I might uses some form of night vision or for protecting livestock but not for game animals.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
DELGUE,

How very sad to know that there are those among us here on the 'Fire who call themselves 'hunters'...that name which we also call ourselves...and yet these men say their conscience has nothing to do with hunting. Perhaps they are not the same as us...they are not 'hunters' after all, but simply killers of wild animals. One is forced to then wonder, if their conscience has nothing to do with hunting, is they aspire to and try to deliver quick, humane kills, or try their best to recover every animal they shoot, or try to be certain if they do shoot whether they have hit, or missed...but then they tell us their conscience has nothing to do with hunting.

We need to pray for such men...and maybe more so for the animals that they hunt. How very sad to hear someone say such a thing...that their conscience has nothing to do with hunting.

God save us, and our beloved hunting, from men such as these.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
DELGUE,

What does conscience have to to with any of what you said? I want all animals I kill to drop at the shot. If they don't tracking them has nothing to do with conscience. It has everything to do with recovering the animal. I want to turn them into food.

If someone is involved with fair chase why do you care if the animal is important to the hunter? If you are not interested in killing the game you're after why don't you switch to a camera? O, that's right. You go hunting to kill the quarry.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

It would be great as a tool to locate feral hogs,but I would not use one for deer,not legal for them here anyway.

But for hogs,I'd use landmines if they were available.
But tannerite is available....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Holy shít, what would we do without the optics forum.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
DELGUE,

What does conscience have to to with any of what you said? I want all animals I kill to drop at the shot. If they don't tracking them has nothing to do with conscience. It has everything to do with recovering the animal. I want to turn them into food.

If someone is involved with fair chase why do you care if the animal is important to the hunter? If you are not interested in killing the game you're after why don't you switch to a camera? O, that's right. You go hunting to kill the quarry.

You wouldn't understand if he explained it to you, as he has and has tried to do.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 83 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,724
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.