-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,635 of 1,842 1 2 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1841 1842
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Great to see all you MN hunters who punched a tag so far and the pics look great! Well, our camp north and a little west of Island Lake has been skunked so far, no deer seen or shot. All four of us didn't apply for doe tags, so it's bucks only. I had to come back down to the cities to work on Tues, Wed and Thurs but will be back up in the stand Friday morning. It should've been a good sign as to our deer population since we didn't hear wolves howling at all for opening weekend and the MNDNR told us that there are 3 separate packs in our vicinity. Looking forward to being back up in God's country the end of this week and good luck to those not tagged out!

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have to brag on my little girl here a bit. She wasn't able to go to the deer camp because of her diving.

She's an 8th grader and made the HS dive team in August. This is her first year. She struggled through the season at times. Had a few late nights at times because grades come first. She's maintained a 4.0 gpa as well.And even wanted to quit a few times. We don't quit...so she wasn't going to, she was just frustrated.

After one of her meets, a coach from a competitors team came and helped her with a dive she was having trouble with. She took that advice and got better with her dive. It's now one of her best.

I'm more proud of her as a person and her grades in school but...

On Saturday, my girl made the 2016 7AA, Ladies Championship Diving Meet.

If she places well, she'll be in the State Finals.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Congrats Tom and to your daughter. its very good feeling to know she's doing great. Congrats to all that tagged out this year so far, we're still looking. got 4 in camp so far but its been slow. hopefully the kiddos will get out more this weekend. schools almost done for the week as well so get lots of time in the stand.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BIG THUMBS UP TOMMY !

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The thumbs up goes to Kennedy. I didn't do it. smile

I wasn't definitely not a 4.0 gpa student. grin

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thought I would throw this in for the locals:

http://www.mnwarriors.com/

Sunday is a charity game in Rogers for the MN Warriors and Rogers youth hockey. It's usually a great game and pretty fun plus it's for a good cause.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's great Tom, tell Kennedy we are proud of her up here at the chickenbuck!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I will!

She said she'd rather have gone to Chickenbuck. Smart kid.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice Tom! Sure she is yours? whistle Just kidding, it sure is fun to watch the kids succeed at something. As my wife says, you need to be good at something. Sometimes they want to quit, but they need to stick with it.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That's great Tom!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
For some reason certain posters pics don't show up on my work computer so I'll have to check them out when I get home.

Good for Lauren Bman!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
I have to brag on my little girl here a bit. She wasn't able to go to the deer camp because of her diving.

She's an 8th grader and made the HS dive team in August. This is her first year. She struggled through the season at times. Had a few late nights at times because grades come first. She's maintained a 4.0 gpa as well.And even wanted to quit a few times. We don't quit...so she wasn't going to, she was just frustrated.

After one of her meets, a coach from a competitors team came and helped her with a dive she was having trouble with. She took that advice and got better with her dive. It's now one of her best.

Aw man, Tom. This is great news. It is so cool to have a kid that's smart AND athletic. Congrats, buddy.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Your kids are doing great T. Good on ya dad! Young J is quite the football player and hunter. It's also a pleasure to hear how your daughter persevered and really made it happen by shear will. Pretty cool. Did she get her skills from you? Sort of a Tzone Louganis? We'll need to see pics of course.

B-man, your kiddo made her dad proud too! That's a fine buck.

All of you Minnysodans shooting da deers and no pics or stories? Gopher? ND? Goalie? Tjay? C'mon, we're dyin' here.

Michigan is T minus 6 days and counting for the opener.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Oh, forgot to say- had something follow me home today. Got a Beretta A400 Xtreme 12 ga. Shoots everything from 7/8 loads all the way up to 1 9/16 3.5". Black synthetic in Lefty. It will be my main meat gun. Ducks, geese, turkeys, pheasant. etc. Dumped the SBEII after it started hanging up on the third shot. Blew a triple on Canadas in NoDak because of it this year. mad

Come to think of it, the Beretta may have been following the little Glock G43 that wandered into the house last week. wink Funny how those things happen. Wife must think I was REAL lucky at the local banquets recently. whistle

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Just got back from deer camp. Happy to say that the drought is over. Shot a 8 pointer on opener, little rack but good body size.Was quite pleased with my new Tikka T3 .308.. We went 3for5.
Everybody saw deer was a good time had by all..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats Noduck! Great job.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

Awesome!!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Noduck! Sounds like you had a good hunt! Congrats.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Oh, forgot to say- had something follow me home today. Got a Beretta A400 Xtreme 12 ga. Shoots everything from 7/8 loads all the way up to 1 9/16 3.5". Black synthetic in Lefty. It will be my main meat gun. Ducks, geese, turkeys, pheasant. etc. Dumped the SBEII after it started hanging up on the third shot. Blew a triple on Canadas in NoDak because of it this year. mad

Come to think of it, the Beretta may have been following the little Glock G43 that wandered into the house last week. wink Funny how those things happen. Wife must think I was REAL lucky at the local banquets recently. whistle

No stealing my handle now! I am sure you will love it. Although my moniker comes from my fondness for my 390.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
there are still deer out there for folks who haven't filled tags yet.
I'll put this here for excitement factor.
[Linked Image]

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 1,635 of 1,842 1 2 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (achlupsa, 35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 8 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.