Hop To
Page 1,636 of 1,842 1 2 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

All of you Minnysodans shooting da deers and no pics or stories? Gopher? ND? Goalie? Tjay? C'mon, we're dyin' here.

Something clever here.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Oh, forgot to say- had something follow me home today. Got a Beretta A400 Xtreme 12 ga. Shoots everything from 7/8 loads all the way up to 1 9/16 3.5". Black synthetic in Lefty. It will be my main meat gun. Ducks, geese, turkeys, pheasant. etc. Dumped the SBEII after it started hanging up on the third shot. Blew a triple on Canadas in NoDak because of it this year. mad

Come to think of it, the Beretta may have been following the little Glock G43 that wandered into the house last week. wink Funny how those things happen. Wife must think I was REAL lucky at the local banquets recently. whistle

No stealing my handle now! I am sure you will love it. Although my moniker comes from my fondness for my 390.

Got one of those too. A390 Silver Mallard. Love it. It's never had an issue ever. But lo and behold, my boy has taken a liking to it. Trap, skeet, ducks, he's gotten pretty good with it. I took him to ND this year. One morning, I had to get out of the blind to stretch my legs. I'm having a nice talk with him when he yells at me to "get out of the way!" He one times a drake at 30 yards coming into the decoys. Everybody is looking around for who shot that and he's sitting there smiling. cool I'm not sure I'll ever get to shoot it again. frown

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
there are still deer out there for folks who haven't filled tags yet.
I'll put this here for excitement factor.
[Linked Image]

OMG!!!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by northern_dave

All of you Minnysodans shooting da deers and no pics or stories? Gopher? ND? Goalie? Tjay? C'mon, we're dyin' here.

My wife actually asked what I'm laughing about! "Professional opinion?" "... "Pretty professional." Priceless!

What did you shoot it with...a truck? Dang. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
there are still deer out there for folks who haven't filled tags yet.
I'll put this here for excitement factor.
[Linked Image]

Well it isn't because some of us haven't been trying to get a damn tag! lol.

If I don't get one next year I'm going to raise holy hell! grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
whew, it is a good thing you are a couple of perfeshanalls or you never could have trailed that meager trail. that took some serious skills.

Who shot it?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I did.

(shamefully)

Meat buck. (barely a buck)

Joe was real close to where I was, if the little spike was headed his direction I surely would have let it walk.

I haven't shot a deer since 2013-2012 (I think?)

I just needed to break a bad streak, hopefully it's not looked down on too terribly. Certainly no meat will be wasted, it was a lung/heart combo shot that left both shoulders intact.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have much of a story. I was trying to get the deer moving towards where my buddy and his daughter were in a stand, and the 8 kept going the wrong way, so eventually I was too dang hot and tired to GAF anymore and shot him the last time I jumped him up.

Heart/lug shot. Had to "track" him about 30 feet. Tenderloins were yummy on the grill Saturday night.

Shot 'em with a Savage Axis .223 that I was only carrying because it was the only rifle up there that hadn't killed a deer. 55gr TSX going 3250 or so.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I just needed to break a bad streak, hopefully it's not looked down on too terribly. Certainly no meat will be wasted, it was a lung/heart combo shot that left both shoulders intact.

Anybody that looks down on someone for the buck they shoot needs to be struck with a bag of nickles.

Everyone likes a big buck, but we like to eat too.

What do you mean barely a buck? That sucker scores in the 25 range. grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

That is soooo wrong and soooo right at the same time.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
gophergunners buck

[Linked Image]

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Anybody that looks down on someone for the buck they shoot needs to be struck with a bag of nickles.

Dave, I'm with Tom,

The only way I ever shoot a decent buck, is if it walks past before a spike, fork horn or immature buck.

I love deer hunting, but fundamentally, I do it to feed my family.

Meat is meat & the little ones, while not providing as much meat, do eat BETTER !

No ribbin from me !

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice Jeff !!

Love da shootin stick.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Dave, I'm with Tom,

The only way I ever shoot a decent buck, is if it walks past before a spike, fork horn or immature buck.

I love deer hunting, but fundamentally, I do it to feed my family.

Meat is meat & the little ones, while not providing as much meat, do eat BETTER !

No ribbin from me !

smile
Dave-you'll never hear a disparaging word from me for shooting a spike. You can't eat horns, and you've got mouths to feed. I will never be the guy holding out for an 12 point and letting a 6 point walk. I'm just not wired like that, and I don't have a month every year to deer hunt. If I'm lucky, I get two weekends. I'm gonna hope for a legal animal, and be darned grateful to get one.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Nice Jeff !!

Love da shootin stick.
The old 99 has some special meaning to me. Dad hunted with a 99. Went out on the day my older brother was born and bought it on a loan. Mom would have skinned him alive if she'd known. It was always known that that gun would come down to my brother, and when Dad passed, it did. The one I own was owned by one of the other guys in our camp. When he quit hunting, he sold it to me. It's not Dad's but I'm sure Dad handled it, or shared a stand with Bob when he still had that gun. It's priceless to me.

Special thanks to MILES58 for the handloads he cooked up for me. Varget powder and a 130 gr. TTSX bullet. Way more accurate than I could ever ask for. Now the proof's in the pudding.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Camp Isabella does not have enough cell service to load any pictures. We still only have the one. It has been too warm and too windy, nothing is moving.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you buy a license, you can shoot whatever you feel inclined to shoot, that is what dat der blue paper thingy says! I was hoping that we might have had a younger version of yourself shoot it!

Lauren struck again. She shot a doe last night. We blood trailed it until it got close to the willow swamp and then decided to back out until morning. Man, was she mad she had to go to school instead of trail her deer this morning! I had mixed feelings on it, but mama laid down the law. So my Dad and I found it today. Fun trail to follow, not too hard, not too easy. I think she owes me a DQ though for field dressing her deer! So she is 12 years old and has shot 4 deer. Way better than I ever did!

I think I will bring a boy out with me tonight. I don't plan on shooting anything but it is sooooo nice outside.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh, nice buck Gopher! We do have to work on your picture taking skills though.....!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Oh, nice buck Gopher! We do have to work on your picture taking skills though.....!
By the time I got him gutted out I could barely hold my arms up-really. I had to suck wind for 20 minutes just so I could walk out and get the deer cart.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good job fellows. Glad to see Dave and Gopher end the long dry spells. Missouri Rifle starts tomorrow. Good luck to ya'll

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Page 1,636 of 1,842 1 2 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.