Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nicely done, sir.

Sorry to hear you had to move a stand. It can mess with your hunt for a while.
I avoid that by walking the property line with a GPS, and mark those borders in the GPS. when i first get permission to hunt a property. That way, i always know the where the line is, and the distances involved. (This is primarily for pursuit of a wounded deer)
I have permission to hunt several farms, some of which I have not seen in years, and it would be very easy to end up on the wrong land.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Last night the wind was blowing about 20 mph and I didn't see schit. But I managed to drop my crossbow out of the tree stand. Luckily it fell straight down and landed on the foot stirrup. Bent it in pretty bad. This morning I had a hell of a time trying to cock it. I couldn't get my foot in it.

This morning was a different story. 34 degrees and no wind. 1/4 mile before I got to the gate, I had a doe and a 10 point in a stand off next to the road. I stopped the truck and they ran off. An hour later, they showed up in the field next to me. The 10 pt. and 8 does chasing. The bucks are just now are starting to push.

When I got to work this morning, I took the crossbow apart and fixed it. Gonna shoot a couple of arrows this afternoon to make sure it's still on before I go back out.

Good luck to y'all.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell, we may already be in lockdown here.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Those were a couple dandy bucks. Conglads Bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hicountry
Here you go brother Dan...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Opening day Va. ML season (last Sat)
Nice deer for Va

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Yesterday saw some doe,button bucks and 2 spikes in morning
Afternoon saw zero deer
Cameras have gone dead for the most part ...classic signs I'm experiencing lock down on this property

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clear, cold, calm, and quiet. 6" or so if new fallen leaves that are drier than rice paper. I just heard and spotted a deer mouse 25 yards out if that gives an idea. Nothing is moving today without making a lot of noise.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Buddie just texted me he, 5 mins ago shot OVER a nice 8 Pt. at 30 yrds. go get em boys!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lock down. Full moon and peak of breeding around 11/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its 37* here now with high of 53 expected. I will give her one last go this evening before rifle opens on Tuesday........

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was 25 at 0500.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Yesterday morning saw 1 spike horn
Checked camera cards had a 8 pt come thru the day before at 11:20 am I left at 10:00 am also had another 8 pt in front of my stand at 4:15 pm but was in a different stand
Went back in at 11 am stayed till 2 pm when wind shifted bad
Saw 2 deer I couldn't identify and 3 doe

The big 8 pt I had the close encounter with Tuesday morning came thru at 1:15am the night before last
No more pictures of the piebald or big 10

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmm...

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Wind is so critical to this property...I left yesterday after the mature Doe hit my wind on edge of pines and didn't care for it at all...Choice was stay and have a buck slip out and bust him or live to fight another day

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
BTW the big 10 and piebald are still around some place as far as I know I spoke with the neighbor yesterday and nobody has seen or got anything yet....that may change Saturday with the gun opener but if it does at least I'll know about it and won't be hunting a ghost. As I see things there is at a minimum 4 shooters I know of and a handful more on the cusp

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I'll still be hunting this week leading up to Saturday and should I not punch my archery buck tag it will be good for late muzzle loader season which is the 10 days following the 3 week gun season so basically I can still take 2 buck

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
That wind has still been strong here, a buddie missed a nice 8pt. yesterday morining, 30yrds shot just over him, his wife had Twins 7 weeks ago and he has been very busy! 1st hunting trip for him, he out now hopeing the 8 will be back, I saw zip last night, and one guy did see a spike out of 4 of us hunting! bows over for me, as rifle starts here tommorow! Go get them Dan.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Yesterday morning saw 1 spike horn
Checked camera cards had a 8 pt come thru the day before at 11:20 am I left at 10:00 am also had another 8 pt in front of my stand at 4:15 pm but was in a different stand
Went back in at 11 am stayed till 2 pm when wind shifted bad
Saw 2 deer I couldn't identify and 3 doe

The big 8 pt I had the close encounter with Tuesday morning came thru at 1:15am the night before last
No more pictures of the piebald or big 10

I switched my camera cards yesterday. From 4 cams, what I can tell was Nov 11 was a full on chase day. Bucks through the area at all hours of daylight. Night too, but daylight was full on.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Full moon today guys. The bucks are pushing hard here now. I went out Saturday night, it was dead calm. Didn't see anything until about 15 minutes left of light and out pops the 10 pt. about 50 yards from me and walked away. Unfortunately, I forgot my grunt so I tried making a couple of bleets, but couldn't get his attention. I got a good look at him and he's a monster. His neck looked pretty well swelled up. 5 minutes later, an 8 point came out too, and walked away. I was kicking myself in the ass all of the way back to the truck.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Monday morning I left the woods at 8 am and rushed to my fathers home as he was not answering calls or the door and 2 days of newspaper sitting on the porch step
What I found I wish upon no one....I've lost my father, business partner and best friend
I'm devastated

http://falvofuneralhome.com/tribute/details/2882/Joseph-DeGeorge/obituary.html

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,075 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,041
Posts18,482,043
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.