Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,638 of 1,842 1 2 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Today is my last day of work for 11 days. grin

Me and the mini are headed to WI. Deer hunting weather is on the way. We have 4 stand sites for different winds, a blind for crappy weather, a blind we built out of pine for cover, and a few portable stands.

Daylight pictures of deer of all flavors. I'm excited!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good Luck T & JackHAMMER !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
we will be, one more weekend of rifle season.
Hope you guys make the game pole heavy and have a great time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Today is my last day of work for 11 days. grin

Me and the mini are headed to WI. Deer hunting weather is on the way. We have 4 stand sites for different winds, a blind for crappy weather, a blind we built out of pine for cover, and a few portable stands.

Daylight pictures of deer of all flavors. I'm excited!
Wish I was there to see him fill those tags, buddy. Be sure to get me some good pics, okay? Good luck Tom.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Go get 'em , Jack.
Lots of luck to you guys,Tom.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck to Tom and Jackson. Opening day is something special, and the fact that there's deer hunting weather moving in is just icing on the cake.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You don't he think he noticed? grin

I showed him how to check weather reports and look at wind directions. He knew exactly where we should sit. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
good luck Tom and Jack. Lets see some action shots. Last weekend up here along the border as well. cant wait for it to be done and then worry about muzzleloader then. Peace and quiet in our woods then. a lot of fun! Be safe again everyone and good luck!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good luck Tom and Jack! May Lady Luck shine upon you! Or absent that, have a deer walk by.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good luck to you and shoot strait. That is what I told my wife opening morning and she shot a nice one. So I hope it holds true for you also.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks guys! We are pretty excited. Truck is packed except for the rifles. We were going to get up and laid it in the morning but with the bad weather, we loaded her tonight. We'll get up and head north by 630. We are hopefully going to have our chairs and coushions in the blinds and be out of the woods before the rain. Then snow tomorrow night!! Nothing like a good snow on the night before opener.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The opener is a magical time, and it only comes once a year. For an enthusiastic young lad, it's an amazing time. The fact that Jack get s to be with you is all that much more special. Wish I was there with you, Tom. That kid's gonna have an ear to ear grin when he drops the hammer on his first deer. You've done a great job bringing him along Tom. It so reminds me of my dad showing me the ropes. From the days when I was little enough to fit in his backpack, to our very last hunt together. Keep him hungry Tom, and always be there for him. He'll never forget it, and he'll do right by you, Dad.

Good luck guys. Tell Jack I said to take a deep breath, and squeeze the trigger.

Go have some fun guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plans have been pretty much finalized for an invasion of Pennsylvania, and our very own EFW and MJBGALT will join me right after Thanksgiving for a deer hunt out of our family camp in Clearfield County. They accepted an invite to join me for the Pa. opener,so on the Monday after Thanksgiving, I get the opportunity to meet a couple of our members and introduce to deer hunting, Pa. style. Joining us will be my brother from Youngstown, Ohio and my son coming in from North Carolina. I'd much rather see Eric, and the boys coming in from Michigan get a deer, than myself. I'm just looking forward to having a good time. My brother is bringing up a big batch of Lake Erie perch for one of his mammoth fish fries. If he does this, we'll have plenty of company, as all the guys from the neighboring camps join us for a great meal and some annual camaraderie. There's just nothing like deer camp.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
THE JACKHAMMER!!

The kid .280'd a doe at 715 am today. He had a long 20 minute sit before he got to shoot!

She came in on a trot and stopped behind some brush. He got the gun up and ready and it literally walked into his cross hairs. The shot rang out and I saw the heart-shot leg kick.

We waited 20 minutes for him to calm down. We climbed down and took a look. At the shot site there was black brisket looking hair so I was a bit nervous, but didn't not say much about it because I saw "the kick."

I took about 10 steps in the direction it ran and didn't see anything. Jack was right behind me looking for blood. Jackhammer the eagle eye picked up a TINY drop of blood. I mean tiny! Pin head size, literally.

I had him wait there and circled around to see if I could find more. I saw her laying there up ahead and walked up to it. I asked if he found anymore. He said "yeah, another tiny drop."

I was standing by the deer and said "Hammer, I got REAL good blood here." He came around the brush and was all smiles! We try not to get to crazy about shooting deer like the TV boys, but I'm pretty sure I saw a fist pump. grin and of course we did the chickenbuck war cry for a second.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That was also the first kill for that rifle. At least since I've had it. I've hunted with it about 3 years but could get it dirty.

It's a rem 700, .280rem. Shooting 140gr Federal Fusion bullets. Shot took off 1/2 the heart and the off side shoulder. It ran 30 yds as a trike. I was surprised at the lack of blood but there was a good amount where she was laying.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Awesome, Congrats to both of you guys. Jack for getting a deer and you to be there with him. A win win.

Did ya do thee old now you have to drink the blood after your first deer kill stunt. Ranks up there with taking them snipe hunting at night. Good times. Congrats again..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome Jack & Tom !! Can't explain how happy I am for you both.

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys done good Tom. I wish I could have been there. Of course you know you'll have to give up that .280 to him permanently, now donchaknow? Congrats Tom. Tell I Jack I said "you da man!"

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great going Tom and Jack.I am pleased as punch that the young'un scored>

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
T- tell Jack congrats on his deer....

It is great to see others tagging deer as well.

Page 1,638 of 1,842 1 2 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.