Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Thanks to everyone that answered my questions about the Ruger RCM's and Nosler M48's in the past few weeks. I had narrowed my next move down to one of those when I fell into a great deal on this M700 BDL DM in .270 Win.

As you can see it is in great shape and I am not quite sure what to do with it yet. I may leave it in the walnut stock and bed it and add a new recoil pad or I may go with one of the Hogue full length block stocks and Cerakote everything. I really just want a durable woods rifle after some burnout pursuing the long range itch.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated and I know how much fun M700/.270 threads can be. cool I will keep everyone updated on progress.
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 260 Rem SS DM that wouldn't feed without major modification. I went with a CDI BM and AICS mags in a Alaskan Wilderness Bell & Carlson stock. CDI inletted for $60 and shipped it back priority in less than a week. Works great. No complaints. Finished product looks like a GAP Non Typical.

Last edited by 260madman; 11/19/16.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Well, this fed and functioned flawlessly. Accuracy was middling with 130gr Core Lokts.

One thing I did learn was that I do not like the high comb BDL stock whatsoever. Fortunately the cold had already numbed my cheek up a little. I can see why the aftermarket is so healthy on stocks.

Middle of the roaders like this are always the hardest to decide whether to fish or cut bait on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Find out if it'll shoot. If it is (and most 700s are) a shooter, stick it in a B&C and hunt the heck out of it.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1- make sure the bore is good and clean and the crown looks neat. Slap it into a B and C and enjoy life.

Last edited by kenjs1; 12/16/16.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by livefastjohnny
. . . As you can see it is in great shape and I am not quite sure what to do with it yet. I may leave it in the walnut stock and bed it and add a new recoil pad or I may go with one of the Hogue full length block stocks and Cerakote everything. . .
[Linked Image]

I bought my 30-06 BDL because of the beauty of the wood. If I was just interested in the 700 action and barrel, I would buy a much cheaper model to restock. I took off the rear sight on mine, as well as the frontsight protector, for use with a scope.

You can't beat the beauty and utility of a 700 BDL for the price in most cases. I'd hunt it just like it is.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
i have a police stock it will fit in for a good price, the only one cut for DBM I have ever seen.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by hillbill
i have a police stock it will fit in for a good price, the only one cut for DBM I have ever seen.

HS Precision makes the 700P stock as well as a more sporterized Hunting version for the DM variant. Hogue also makes one and B&C's can be inlet for the DM. Will be making a decision on this soon. A few more things to sell first.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

50 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 257_X_50, 6MMWASP, 7 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,081
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.