Print Thread
Hop To
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm down to my 243 as my "big gun" for a few days. The electronic lock on my safe has crapped out. Luckily I had my 223, 22-250, and 243 out working up loads.

After talking to Cannon support and trying multiple batteries, they are sending me a new keypad and have put me in touch with a local locksmith who has done this before. Hopefully by next week I'll have access to the rest of my stash of rifles, but at the moment I'm in stuntshooter territory. laugh

Last edited by TATELAW; 11/12/16.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
HR IC

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So your rifles are so safe that they are safe even from you! That sucks. Lucky you had a few out before it took a dump. I guess there's something to be said for having a utility rifle always available.

Load up your 243 and carry on! smile

Last edited by DELGUE; 11/12/16.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
That sucks but better than getting locked out for good.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Yikes. Makes sense for safe companies to have a "master key" that can be kept on your car key ring if you're an average joe or a safety deposit box if you might be a target. Just about any type of standard safe is worthless to me when I've got a 7" angle grinder and set of torches in the garage

Last edited by Gatogrizz27; 11/20/16.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Gatogrizz27
Yikes. Makes sense for safe companies to have a "master key" that can be kept on your car key ring if you're an average joe or a safety deposit box if you might be a target. Just about any type of standard safe is worthless to me when I've got a 7" angle grinder and set of torches in the garage
You should get a safe to keep your torches and grinder in.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
An electronic one preferably...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Happened to me with a tumbler on my gun safe. Fortunately it was March, so no big deal or urgency. Kudos to Liberty Safe, which sent someone right to my home and remedied the problem...years after I had bought the safe. Never had a problem since. I bought another safe just in case something like this happens again, and miraculously it has filled itself full of rifles too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TATELAW
I'm down to my 243 as my "big gun" for a few days. The electronic lock on my safe has crapped out. Luckily I had my 223, 22-250, and 243 out working up loads.

After talking to Cannon support and trying multiple batteries, they are sending me a new keypad and have put me in touch with a local locksmith who has done this before. Hopefully by next week I'll have access to the rest of my stash of rifles, but at the moment I'm in stuntshooter territory. laugh

Did you get your safe open?

If the 22-250 that you have access to is your Marlin XS7 parts gun, I think that any deer that you lay the center of your scope's reticle is dead if you decide to squeeze the trigger.

T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by TATELAW

Did you get your safe open?

If the 22-250 that you have access to is your Marlin XS7 parts gun, I think that any deer that you lay the center of your scope's reticle is dead if you decide to squeeze the trigger.

I've gotten the new lock in the mail. The locksmith will not be able to get to me until after the Thanksgiving holidays. The 22-250 is indeed my Marlin with the 65 SGKs, so I definitely don't feel under-gunned. The deer just haven't co-operated and stepped into my sights!

My dad is using the 243. It's loaded up with 95gr NBTs. My 223 is pushing 50gr TTSXs at 3300. I'm not scared to hunt with any of my current arsenal.

Last edited by TATELAW; 11/23/16.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well I'm back in my safe and it wasn't the electronic lock. The screws in the plate holding the locking mechanism in place were loose from the factory. The plate finally dropped enough to set off the re-locker mechanism. The locking mechanism has been very rough since I've owned it and now I know why. It is silky smooth with everything tightened down.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,620
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.