G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Yup lol, I hate potheads cause potheads came from hippies, and hippies are a bunch of stinking liberal pukes, I hate every GD thing about dopeheads!

Jerry's SO much better at getting to the point.

I grew up in the 60s when as those of you non-drug addled types remember, was when pot crossed over from the "coloreds" and the under class into (more or less) mainstream, along of course with all the anti-military/anti-war crowd, etc. When I joined the Navy in 1980 (see my post above about the flight deck mishap on NIMITZ), the armed forces finally reacted and embarked on a highly successful drug eradication and screening process that is around to this day. My father also had a big influence on me, and in my opinion did a very good job of imparting on me that pot was the purview of the masses and all my the folks we admired at the time, just didn't do that type of seedy behavior. So my disdain for pot is deep rooted and in my view well-founded, but Jerry's post says it best.

Edited to add: the pictures I posted, pretty much echo what my dad tried to instill and it worked.

Thanks Jorge, yes, pothead liberal chickenchit no fighting draft dogers, they want want want, but wont stand and fight for it! mad

Can someone explain to me where anyone said that drug screening for military service or anything else would no longer be the case? I don't recall anyone making that argument, as it would be stupid. Hell, if anything, it ought to be further extended and include alcohol and other intoxicants (like those doled out in the infirmaries and sick bays and by pill-pushing docs, military and civilian).

Otherwise, and as much as I respect Jorge and Jerry, the rabbit hole they are going down is a total non sequitur.

No, we are just old bitter haters 4, that wanna keep our sixes covered. grin

Trump Won!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yup lol, I hate potheads cause potheads came from hippies, and hippies are a bunch of stinking liberal pukes, I hate every GD thing about dopeheads!

I grew up in the 60s when as those of you non-drug addled types remember, was when pot crossed over from the "coloreds" and the under class into (more or less) mainstream, along of course with all the anti-military/anti-war crowd, etc. When I joined the Navy in 1980 (see my post above about the flight deck mishap on NIMITZ), the armed forces finally reacted and embarked on a highly successful drug eradication and screening process that is around to this day. My father also had a big influence on me, and in my opinion did a very good job of imparting on me that pot was the purview of the masses and all my the folks we admired at the time, just didn't do that type of seedy behavior. So my disdain for pot is deep rooted and in my view well-founded, but Jerry's post says it best.

Edited to add: the pictures I posted, pretty much echo what my dad tried to instill and it worked.

Jorge, here's my problem with your continued class-warfare insults. I've seen you, time and again, express admiration for certain authors, hunters, and historic characters. MANY of them were heavy abusers of alcohol. Your position on this is that it's completely fine to be a besotted drunk and go through life about half-pickled because that has "class" but a person regardless of position in life that might happen to use pot recreationally and still be productive is somehow "seedy" and "low class"?

No offense, my friend, but get off your f'kin' high horse. A substance abuser, whether it's marijuana on the river bank or martinis in a country club, is a weak-willed person who is deserving of no admiration at all.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Seafire
Lots of old winos BH, not so many old dopers, I know some hillbilly potheads too, have some as neighbors, and have told them the same thing, you all get those bears in choppers on my ass, you're gonna have trouble, DO NOT plant any of that chit on my land, plus alcohol is legal, dope is not.

I have and will again break the law concerning alcohol, saw some clean cut [read soldiers] young men loitering around a liquor store parking lot one night, I was there as a customer, on my way to the truck I walked over and ask them if they were having car trouble, no Sir, we want to buy some beer.

I asked to see the military ID's, sure enough, I told him to put his money back in his pocket and went back in and bought em a couple 30 packs of beer, anyone that will suit up and fight for this country is man enough to have a cold beer when he returns in my book, 21 years old or not. smile

Good for you Jerry....

in my home state of Virginia, when I was getting out of High School, drinking age was 21... however if some had a military ID, they could buy alcohol if they were under 21.. VA honored those who served, and figured that made them adult enough....

That was a big irony in those days in a lot of states...

you couldn't buy a beer at 18, but you certainly were able to be drafted and sent to Vietnam...

Isn't that some crazy chit? you're man enough to take a bullet for the country, but not man enough to have a cold beer if you live through it? mad

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks Jorge, yes, pothead liberal chickenchit no fighting draft dogers, they want want want, but wont stand and fight for it! mad

Can someone explain to me where anyone said that drug screening for military service or anything else would no longer be the case? I don't recall anyone making that argument, as it would be stupid. Hell, if anything, it ought to be further extended and include alcohol and other intoxicants (like those doled out in the infirmaries and sick bays and by pill-pushing docs, military and civilian).

Otherwise, and as much as I respect Jorge and Jerry, the rabbit hole they are going down is a total non sequitur.

No, we are just old bitter haters 4, that wanna keep our sixes covered. grin

If you were truly worried about covering your six, you'd be wanting to piss test before every shift and make sure no one on that crew went on a drunk bender within the last 72 or isn't taking some miracle pill from the medical crew.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I break the law occasionally myself. Hard not to do when there are so many stupid and clearly unconstitutional ones on the books. I certainly think it's stupid to send someone to fight and maybe die for his country and yet tell him he's not old enough to drink.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Lots of old winos BH, not so many old dopers, I know some hillbilly potheads too, have some as neighbors, and have told them the same thing, you all get those bears in choppers on my ass, you're gonna have trouble, DO NOT plant any of that chit on my land, plus alcohol is legal, dope is not.

I have and will again break the law concerning alcohol, saw some clean cut [read soldiers] young men loitering around a liquor store parking lot one night, I was there as a customer, on my way to the truck I walked over and ask them if they were having car trouble, no Sir, we want to buy some beer.

I asked to see the military ID's, sure enough, I told him to put his money back in his pocket and went back in and bought em a couple 30 packs of beer, anyone that will suit up and fight for this country is man enough to have a cold beer when he returns in my book, 21 years old or not. smile

Good for you Jerry....

in my home state of Virginia, when I was getting out of High School, drinking age was 21... however if some had a military ID, they could buy alcohol if they were under 21.. VA honored those who served, and figured that made them adult enough....

That was a big irony in those days in a lot of states...

you couldn't buy a beer at 18, but you certainly were able to be drafted and sent to Vietnam...

Isn't that some crazy chit? you're man enough to take a bullet for the country, but not man enough to have a cold beer if you live through it? mad

On this; complete agreement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While I can appreciate all the micro-feuding going on here, I'll just cut to the chase. Putting somebody in jail over ingesting a plant, be it mj or even a poppy is stupid and wrong. Putting somebody in jail because they hurt somebody, whether it was because they are just evil or because they were under the influence of some plant or drink, is right and good. The latter doesn't employ nearly as many folks though, so the war on deeruugs keeps on truckin'. I hope President Trump falls on the right side of this.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Marijuana grown at home for private consumption still falls under the umbrella of the Commerce Clause.

See, Gonzales v. Raich

Even respondents acknowledge the existence of an illicit market in marijuana; indeed, Raich has personally participated in that market, and Monson expresses a willingness to do so in the future. More concretely, one concern prompting inclusion of wheat grown for home consumption in the 1938 Act was that rising market prices could draw such wheat into the interstate market, resulting in lower market prices. Wickard, 317 U.S., at 128. The parallel concern making it appropriate to include marijuana grown for home consumption in the CSA is the likelihood that the high demand in the interstate market will draw such marijuana into that market. While the diversion of homegrown wheat tended to frustrate the federal interest in stabilizing prices by regulating the volume of commercial transactions in the interstate market, the diversion of homegrown marijuana tends to frustrate the federal interest in eliminating commercial transactions in the interstate market in their entirety. In both cases, the regulation is squarely within Congress' commerce power because production of the commodity meant for home consumption, be it wheat or marijuana, has a substantial effect on supply and demand in the national market for that commodity.

Last edited by steve4102; 11/21/16.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Marijuana grown at home for private consumption still falls under the umbrella of the Commerce Clause.

See, Gonzales v. Raich[/b]

...Even respondents acknowledge the existence of an illicit market in marijuana; indeed, Raich has personally participated in that market, and Monson expresses a willingness to do so in the future. More concretely, one concern prompting inclusion of wheat grown for home consumption in the 1938 Act was that rising market prices could draw such wheat into the interstate market, resulting in lower market prices. Wickard, 317 U.S., at 128. The parallel concern making it appropriate to include marijuana grown for home consumption in the CSA is the likelihood that the high demand in the interstate market will draw such marijuana into that market. While the diversion of homegrown wheat tended to frustrate the federal interest in stabilizing prices by regulating the volume of commercial transactions in the interstate market, the diversion of homegrown marijuana tends to frustrate the federal interest in eliminating commercial transactions in the interstate market in their entirety. [b]In both cases, the regulation is squarely within Congress' commerce power because production of the commodity meant for home consumption, be it wheat or marijuana, has a substantial effect on supply and demand in the national market for that commodity.

Appreciate that. I knew there was some oddball case involving a grain, but could not recall it. I believe that it is still technically valid, though heavily criticized up to - but not quite - overturning it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
While I can appreciate all the micro-feuding going on here, I'll just cut to the chase. Putting somebody in jail over ingesting a plant, be it mj or even a poppy is stupid and wrong. Putting somebody in jail because they hurt somebody, whether it was because they are just evil or because they were under the influence of some plant or drink, is right and good. The latter doesn't employ nearly as many folks though, so the war on deeruugs keeps on truckin'. I hope President Trump falls on the right side of this.

Agreed.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We've went down the road of "proactive policing"...trying to guess what is going to "make" somebody do bad things because we like blaming objects rather than people and because it gets lots of politicians votes because they can support the rackets while at the same time taking money under the table from the other side, whether that be mob or cartel. When you go down that road though, the next step is to blame tools such as guns, the same way you blame a stinking plant instead of the person using it to [bleep] themselves up to the point that they hurt somebody else.

When you go down the road of telling people what they can or can't do with their own body, then you get this huge bureaucracy that eventually even tells you you can't have the best sinus medication because you might go Walter White and make some other stuff that they say is bad for you.

Can't we just have some simple laws that everybody can understand and punish the bad guys when they actually transgress? I guess not...

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

If you were truly worried about covering your six, you'd be wanting to piss test before every shift and make sure no one on that crew went on a drunk bender within the last 72 or isn't taking some miracle pill from the medical crew. [/quote]

Agree, that's why i have a pasture full of un-used equipment, got tired of the employment games, and yes, random drug screens abound, I followed testing procedures to the letter of the law, but knew full well and good if someone tested positive for anything after an accident, they'd put my a$$ in a sling.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you were truly worried about covering your six, you'd be wanting to piss test before every shift and make sure no one on that crew went on a drunk bender within the last 72 or isn't taking some miracle pill from the medical crew.

Agree, that's why i have a pasture full of un-used equipment, got tired of the employment games, and yes, random drug screens abound, I followed testing procedures to the letter of the law, but knew full well and good if someone tested positive for anything after an accident, they'd put my a$$ in a sling.
[/quote]

That makes sense.

Now, considering the impacts of alcohol, would you then not be consistent in calling for alcohol to be made illegal as you have been advocating for pot to remain so? Or, would it not make more sense (for the myriad reasons discussed) to regulate pot and tax it, just as we do alcohol and many, many other things?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
We build guns where I work so we're constantly using power equipment/ machinery. Mills, lathes, grinders, buffers, drill press, yet NO DRUG TESTING. I've never asked why but can tell you I know some very talented pistolsmiths who smoke pot regularly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We build guns where I work so we're constantly using power equipment/ machinery. Mills, lathes, grinders, buffers, drill press, yet NO DRUG TESTING. I've never asked why but can tell you I know some very talented pistolsmiths who smoke pot regularly.

From a liability standpoint, that's just stupid on the employer's part. One accident investigation, and the resulting insurance suit and premium increases will be draconian.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

That makes sense.

Now, considering the impacts of alcohol, would you then not be consistent in calling for alcohol to be made illegal as you have been advocating for pot to remain so? Or, would it not make more sense (for the myriad reasons discussed) to regulate pot and tax it, just as we do alcohol and many, many other things? [/quote]

Don't know, would have to give that some heavy thought, I do know beer may lead to a shot of whiskey, but pot to mainlining tar heroin to the jugular is a much worse avenue, in other words, from the bottom to the top of alcohol, is much less hazardous than that of the weakest to the strongest dope.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

The BEST auto body shop painter I've ever seen is a zig-zag 1.5 pot rolling long haired hippie fu-ker, that sombitch is brilliant in a paint booth, fumes anyone? grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That makes sense.

Now, considering the impacts of alcohol, would you then not be consistent in calling for alcohol to be made illegal as you have been advocating for pot to remain so? Or, would it not make more sense (for the myriad reasons discussed) to regulate pot and tax it, just as we do alcohol and many, many other things?

Don't know, would have to give that some heavy thought, I do know beer may lead to a shot of whiskey, but pot to mainlining tar heroin to the jugular is a much worse avenue, in other words, from the bottom to the top of alcohol, is much less hazardous than that of the weakest to the strongest dope. [/quote]

The "gateway drug" myth is exactly that; a myth. Hell, if were not then alcohol and tobacco both ought to be made illegal immediately as they are almost ALWAYS the first two drugs that people try before moving on to anything else.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

From a liability standpoint, that's just stupid on the employer's part. One accident investigation, and the resulting insurance suit and premium increases will be draconian.
Yep, they used to test regularly but stopped a couple years back. Like I said, I never asked why but it does seem stupid/risky to me.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Would have to study that too, could pour over offender criminal arrest records and see what they were charged with first early in their criminal careers.

Trump Won!
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.