Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We're doing family Christmas gift suggestions and such last night and my wife wanted a hand-operated quilt cutting machine. Basically a roller that presses fabric down over a die and cuts the shapes. Anyway, runs about $250. I showed the kids and they got excited and we ordered it. She asks, "Honey, did you get my wish list?" (She had texted me the direct link to what she wanted.) "Yep, thanks dear." "What do you want? You're always so specific that you're hard to buy for." (annual observation) I told her, "I don't need anything. I sold a couple of guns and a set of binoculars last month and then bought the binocular that I've always wanted. It should be here this week." "Oh, great. So I don't have to buy you anything?" "Nope." "Thanks honey!" "How much was it?" "Some questions you don't want the answer to. Did you notice a big hit in the checkbook?" "No, I didn't see anything." "Exactly. Ignorance is bliss. Trust me."
My Swarovski SLC binoculars will be here soon... grin

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I always tell my wife" I just sold a bunch of stuff" when I bring something new home!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yep! Oldest loonie explanation in existence... Have used it several times this year!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A little mystery in a marriage is a good thing...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just gaze into those blue eyes and say, "Bitch.....!"

https://youtu.be/5LGEiIL1__s

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With the amount of shoes that get delivered to our doorstep, I have no problem with full transparency in what I buy. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife complained about my guns expenditures this week.
I told her that when I die she will inherit plenty of money.
She said she is looking forward to it.

I hope your conversation goes better.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SKane
With the amount of shoes that get delivered to our doorstep, I have no problem with full transparency in what I buy. grin

LMFAO now that is funny. I have the same problem with pocketbooks delivered to our front door.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Huntz
I always tell my wife" I just sold a bunch of stuff" when I bring something new home!!!!

THIS, if anything at all.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I told my wife I'm going to use my bonus to go hunting in Africa. So then when I don't go, it sounds like a deal when I only spend a few thousand on a rifle. Probably works for glass to.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Got a big chuckle out of this thread.....thanks fellas!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I do too. And it's almost always the truth. And remember Man Rule #42.8 "If you get it into the place of residence and it resides there, without comment, whether visible or concealed, for 48 hours, you have 'always had that'". grin

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought some Binos, A Bushnell LRHS (used here on the fire), a Leupold GR spotter (used here on the fire), and some Kuiu gear (during the 30% off sale) over the last 2 weeks and was feeling pretty guilty. We took the boys down to the Gaylord Texas on Sunday to go to all the Christmas stuff there and then on the way home Monday my wife went to the Louis Vuitton store and got a new handbag. When they cost that much they are no longer referred to as purses. I feel much better now....and much worse....

Last edited by SoonerWing; 11/22/16.
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

My wife isn't much of a spender, so I don't have that reciprocity argument.

Selmer

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
where's the guy that bought the bipod and had to sleep on the couch?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wife knows I don't sell anything.

Could care less what I buy as long as we have the cash to cover it. Same with her, I could care less.

We have to be careful when she wants a new gun and I want a new scope or such at the same time....

The last gun purchase was her glock 20, and then reloading stuff, case of ammo, tanker holster, 22 upper for the glock and well lets just stay its more than the 500 buck gun was for sure.... LOL

Of course she doesn't say a thing when I say we need acouple thousand more dollars of powder again etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Is bipod code for a two legged hooker?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

thats funny........same here..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no, no code.

but I bet he was wishing it was after a couple nights of being the sofa king sleeper.

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Wife knows I don't sell anything.

Could care less what I buy as long as we have the cash to cover it. Same with her, I could care less.

We have to be careful when she wants a new gun and I want a new scope or such at the same time....

The last gun purchase was her glock 20, and then reloading stuff, case of ammo, tanker holster, 22 upper for the glock and well lets just stay its more than the 500 buck gun was for sure.... LOL

Of course she doesn't say a thing when I say we need acouple thousand more dollars of powder again etc....

If we had that kind of disposable income, she wouldn't either. But we're not there yet.

Selmer

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This is where separate accounts for everything comes in handy. That, and having a spine in the first place...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My wife is so cheap that I buy her new clothes, or she'd just keep wearing the same stuff for years and years. No kidding. I have so much crap, that I just sell some stuff when I want new stuff.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
selmer,

Like Ingwe, my wife and I have separate accounts both for personal spending money, and also running our separate ends of our business. As a result there's never any conflict about new guns or shoes, though she mostly buys hiking shoes and hunting boots, not "dress" shoes, and in fact hates shopping for handbags and clothes in general. The only minor conflict we have over guns is that I have more, so they take up more space in the safe.

The other day, in fact, I mentioned thinking about selling some guns as I start semi-retiring over the next few years. She got a little alarmed at that, asking why? She's a lot like the character played by Maureen O'Hara in THE QUIET MAN, preferring to "have my own things about me," even is some are mine.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
This is where separate accounts for everything comes in handy. That, and having a spine in the first place...

Spine? Ya right. I've seen pictures of your wife and you my friend, like me, married above your pay grade. You talk tough here; but, you do as she says. Don't try to kid us.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If I had to justify my expenditures to my wife, shame on me, it would be my fault to marry her in the first place. Over 40 years of marriage and neither of us has to explain or qualify our actions to one another.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Let's not let the light-hearted tone of the thread take a turn for the serious... smile

Selmer

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HitnRun
If I had to justify my expenditures to my wife, shame on me, it would be my fault to marry her in the first place. Over 40 years of marriage and neither of us has to explain or qualify our actions to one another.

Has to be painful to walk around with that stick up your @ss. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I suppose you would know with 30 pair of size 7 boots up your ass😁

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Does a cash slush fund she doesn't know about qualify? 😉

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

You have it good, just like I do. I don't need permission
for stuff like this either.

Some of the others posting, have nose rings it seems. grin

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Skane: Nose ring, or nut noose, which is it you deal with ?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I'm a lifelong bachelor.

So there.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Binos no problem, a couple of guns no problem, a new car no problem, but a freaking riding lawn mower, its hell regurgitated.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by selmer
Let's not let the light-hearted tone of the thread take a turn for the serious... smile

Yeah, this place can make a Boudreaux and Thibadeaux joke into 9 page debate...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you had to justify it then you have the wrong wife. Mine never questions or ask.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
My wife is so cheap that I buy her new clothes, or she'd just keep wearing the same stuff for years and years. No kidding. I have so much crap, that I just sell some stuff when I want new stuff.

In sincerity, I'm at about that point. When I want something new I generally sell off something. I've got too much "stuff" and some is quite valuable. I'll be needing a new scope for the rifle I've got in process right now and one on my list is the $2500 4-16 ATACR. If I do that, I'll sell a guitar or something rather than pull that money from the family budget. I'm not in the "he is who dies with the most toys wins!" camp. I like nice stuff perhaps even more than most guys but if it's not getting used it's just a psychic drag.

They've done some interesting studies on the mental illness known as "hoarding". Don't wanna go there.

Practically speaking, too, there's just some things my lovely and talented wife just plain doesn't need to know about. That's what FedEx "hold for pickup" is for...... isn't it? smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tell her? No glutton for punishment here.

Not me. Luckily my office is only 2 miles from my house so I track my packages and pick 'em up as soon as they are delivered before she gets home smile.

Recently, while hiding Christmas presents, she found one of my hiding places underneath the guest bed. Apparently she couldn't squeeze the kids' presents underneath there with the 3 unopened rifle boxes.

Don't feel sorry for her though. Once a month I've noticed a big box shows up on our front door-step marked "Stitch-Fix."
it's a women's subscription. The theory being they deliver a woman clothing, and she can return whatever she doesn't want.

Not 100% sure, but, I'm pretty sure she's never mailed anything back.

Last edited by skeen; 12/09/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Does UPS own Zappos? With free shipping and free returns, my wife alone should have put them out of business. The margins on women's shoes must be huge.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Binos no problem, a couple of guns no problem, a new car no problem, but a freaking riding lawn mower, its hell regurgitated.

Maybe she likes using the push mower. It's probably good for her ass.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey honey, tracking shows my new Super sniper is being delivered today.
Since your gonna get home before me, could you get it in from the front porch ?
Thanks !

Later......
Text message reads.....
Yep, scope got here.

End of conversation until later.
That new scope sure looks good on that rifle !

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Open front door , stoop down and pickup box and then proceed to gunsafe with purchase.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lol....my wife has no idea i even built an AR-15 .450Bushmaster. I had all parts delivered to my FFL for pick-up.
She has a few misconceptions about guns, that logic, and facts just can not dislodge. (But, she voted obummer, so what can you expect?)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Wow

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Voting for obummer is grounds for divorce. I'd put her azz on the street. Seriously.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I do too. And it's almost always the truth. And remember Man Rule #42.8 "If you get it into the place of residence and it resides there, without comment, whether visible or concealed, for 48 hours, you have 'always had that'". grin

Works every time in the past 35yrs,so far anyways.

RLA Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
i have 2 rules in my marriage:
#1. what she does not know won't hurt her.
# 2. it is better to ask forgiveness than permission.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I simply tell her that I bought them...I don't see the need to dance around the topic.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I simply tell her that I bought them...I don't see the need to dance around the topic.

X2. I work for a living as does my wife. If I want to buy something I do, simple as that.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

X2. I work for a living as does my wife. If I want to buy something I do, simple as that.

^^^^^^

This

While in the sporting goods biz I dealt with husbands every day that had to cow tow to their wives to spend a lousy $50

They should have taken their gun/optics money and used it to buy a spine instead...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Buy another scope so you'll have reason to find or build a rifle to match . . . . laugh

Last I heard you're safe lacked a 280AI . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I guess I'm lucky. I don't have to hide my purchases for guns, etc.
Heck, one of her favorite possessions is her Savage Ladyhunter 7-08

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

BTDT...... I lost count of how many long guns that I've brought home and have sat out in my truck until the wife takes her shower. Only then do they make it into the house into one of the two safes. All she knows is that both safes contain a bunch of guns. Most of which have been in there "forever". Binoculars would be a bit harder, because they generally reside in an area of the house where the view is and they sit there and get picked up regularly. She'd notice new binoc's right away.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Don't tell her anything

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tack the receipt to a distant tree and have her read it through the new bins.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just tell her she has permission to go to town and buy
a new pair of shoes, and maybe a new scarf if it is on
sale............

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Tell her they are for her

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Man, I hope not!

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Man, I hope not!

No. My entire man cave is a potential cash slush fund that I occasionally add to. When I want something different, I find stuff I haven't used in years and don't anticipate using and I sell it. Or I cast up a couple thousand bullets and sell them. It works for me.

Selmer

S
S
Haha, very nice!

Motorcycle owner, part time truck driver, part time Blogger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My list is sometimes specific down to the exact serial number. If I don't own it Christmas day, I WILL be ordering it the next morning.

On the binos: Get her a superior setup.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/15/16.

1Minute
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
My list is sometimes specific down to the exact serial number. If I don't own it Christmas day, I WILL be ordering it the next morning.

On the binos: Get her a superior setup.

I'm kind of in the same boat with details. It's why she hates trying to buy for me. When I do lists anymore, I just give her the link to the exact item that I'm looking at. If it's more than she can stomach spending as a gift, she'll ask me when I just plan to buy it. smile She doesn't give a rip about binos. Several years ago I didn't bat an eye when she fell in love with a K. Kawai RX-2 6 foot grand piano. It's now totally paid off after having to take out a loan.

Selmer

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by RWE

Is bipod code for a two legged hooker?

Did it creep anybody else out that he felt the need to specify "two legged"???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Real easy for me. "Hey Honey, check out these new binoc's!" I can't imagine having to hide or lie about buying a new binocs, rifle, motorcycle, or anything else for that matter.

Jeff

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,295 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.